CIS FSU fans

Advertisement
So if fsu finishes unbeaten wins the acc and we lose four games did they need us? That’s the real question. Would they make the cfb playoff. Answer that and it will let you know if we need an unbeaten fsu team to make noise.
Ask yourself how FSU became ranked top 5… actually, I’ll answer you cause I F**k with you, FSU doesn’t need us for strength of schedule cause they beat #5 LSU on a national stage. Unfortunately we don’t have a signature win like that

EDIT: and for the record, I don’t think we “need” FSU, I just think beating them would help our résumé at the end of the day… not really sure how that’s even debatable

Ask yourself how FSU became ranked top 5… actually, I’ll answer you cause I F**k with you, FSU doesn’t need us for strength of schedule cause they beat #5 LSU on a national stage. Unfortunately we don’t have a signature win like that

EDIT: and for the record, I don’t think we “need” FSU, I just think beating them would help our résumé at the end of the day… not really sure how that’s even debatable
Because your premise is flawed. You're worried that an unbeaten Miami will somehow get left out if the SEC, B1G, PAC, and B12 champions all go unbeaten. When's the last time every single P5 conference produced an unbeaten winner? Name the year. Unbeaten seasons are the exception, not the norm. An undefeated ACC champ is not getting left out. When was the last time that happened?

Strength of record gets updated as the season goes on. As LSU accumulates more losses, that win will lose a lot of shine. If A&M keeps winning, our win over them will look better. It's how the CFP rankings work.

Ask yourself who's the primary beneficiary of FSU being unbeaten. The answer is FSU. Not us. And who's the most hurt by FSU being up? We are, being their chief rival and going H2H with them for a bunch of recruits. It's completely backwards to root for them to be undefeated thinking that it actually helps us.

Because your premise is flawed. You're worried that an unbeaten Miami will somehow get left out if the SEC, B1G, PAC, and B12 champions all go unbeaten. When's the last time every single P5 conference produced an unbeaten winner? Name the year. Unbeaten seasons are the exception, not the norm. An undefeated ACC champ is not getting left out. When was the last time that happened?

Strength of record gets updated as the season goes on. As LSU accumulates more losses, that win will lose a lot of shine. If A&M keeps winning, our win over them will look better. It's how the CFP rankings work.

Ask yourself who's the primary beneficiary of FSU being unbeaten. The answer is FSU. Not us. And who's the most hurt by FSU being up? We are, being their chief rival and going H2H with them for a bunch of recruits. It's completely backwards to root for them to be undefeated thinking that it actually helps us.
Everything you’re saying makes perfect sense except for the fact that i never said Miami goes undefeated. You yourself mention how rare it is for a team to have an undefeated season. Do you think Miami goes undefeated this season? If not, we should all want signature wins so that we can remain in the CFP race even with 1 loss.

Yall are yelling “rah-rah FSU lose” instead of actually using logic and realizing that beating a highly ranked version of FSU instead of an 0-11 version is better for us. I never said we should HOPE for FSU to be highly ranked or go undefeated. And I’ve already said, I could give a F how FSU’s season goes, but if they happen to be highly ranked when we play and beat them, I’m not gonna be mad, I’m gonna be happy we beat them AND got a signature win in the process.

In
We agree, we want to beat them regardless, so lets just put that to the side.

THIS YEAR, as realignment approaches and as Miami struggles with national perception, it will benefit Miami more to beat a highly ranked team, while undefeated, on national television.

THIS YEAR, FSU is the only team on the schedule that can provide that opportunity. Just like it benefits Miami for Texas A&M to continue to win.

If this thing comes down to resume, which it quite possibly can, I don’t see why anyone thinks having a schedule void of any top 10 matchups, possibly including the conference Championship game, is a good thing.

UGA, (Texas or Oklahoma) (Michigan or OSU or Penn State), (Oregon or USC or Washington), could all go undefeated. And except for UGA, they all have had or will probably have the opportunity of a top 10 matchup on their resume and would probably get in ahead of Miami if Miami cannot point to such a game.
Sanity over stupidity on cis is a rare thing indeed..

Advertisement
Everything you’re saying makes perfect sense except for the fact that i never said Miami goes undefeated. You yourself mention how rare it is for a team to have an undefeated season. Do you think Miami goes undefeated this season? If not, we should all want signature wins so that we can remain in the CFP race even with 1 loss.

Yall are yelling “rah-rah FSU lose” instead of actually using logic and realizing that beating a highly ranked version of FSU instead of an 0-11 version is better for us. I never said we should HOPE for FSU to be highly ranked or go undefeated. And I’ve already said, I could give a F how FSU’s season goes, but if they happen to be highly ranked when we play and beat them, I’m not gonna be mad, I’m gonna be happy we beat them AND got a signature win in the process.
I don't think we're a playoff team in general this year. We're too thin at key position groups. So even being in contention for a playoff spot would be a huge win. If we somehow get pipped for a playoff spot as a 1 loss ACC-champ team (which is still unlikely), I'll be disappointed but still content with the season. It's an immense improvement on 5-7 and puts us in contention for the future.

And yeah, if every one on the schedule only loses to us it'd be great for our strength of record. That's a simple statement of fact. I'd still rather it be anyone else than FSU. FSU being good is tougher for us. Long term it's better for us if FSU is bad. Overall strength of record is better than one signature win. I'd rather go undefeated against a bunch of 3-4 loss teams than have 1 loss and a signature win over another 1 loss team.

I don't think we're a playoff team in general this year. We're too thin at key position groups. So even being in contention for a playoff spot would be a huge win. If we somehow get pipped for a playoff spot as a 1 loss ACC-champ team (which is still unlikely), I'll be disappointed but still content with the season. It's an immense improvement on 5-7 and puts us in contention for the future.

And yeah, if every one on the schedule only loses to us it'd be great for our strength of record. That's a simple statement of fact. I'd still rather it be anyone else than FSU. FSU being good is tougher for us. Long term it's better for us if FSU is bad. Overall strength of record is better than one signature win. I'd rather go undefeated against a bunch of 3-4 loss teams than have 1 loss and a signature win over another 1 loss team.
You are correct. Other than us actually making the CFP, there's no scenario where a strong FSU is good for us, especially if we're recruiting directly against them

Yup. We are their last ACC game. So even if we win, we'd likely have to play them again in the ACCCG, assuming we win out to get there (which we'd need to do).

Is this the point where some porsters will tell us that they don't want to beat F$U until we can stay beating F$U?

Advertisement
I think many (most) of those types are Forfeit State fans. But, I have met people who are unflappable in their optimism. Give those types a 4-0 start (inclusing a win over a TAMU brand) and UM is going undefeated until they see us lose a game. I believe @Tru C is just one of those guys.

Like I have said, I would prefer FSU lose every game forever until the end of time, but that's not realistic either. And I am not willing to risk their staying out of the CFP on a game up at Doak this year.

The issue that I have is the bizarre one-sidedness of it.

In nearly every year since 1986, I have looked over the schedule and said "yeah, I think we could go undefeated". This includes many (not all) of the last 20 years.

But why project a bunch of Miami wins...if someone can't imagine that UNC and Louisville and aTm might not ALSO win a bunch of games after losing to Miami?

While it might be "fun" to beat the #1 team every week for 12 weeks in a row, it is also unrealistic. And I've made the case previously that there should be no rankings until September, because a lot of bad pre-season assumptions are made, and then it takes nearly an entire season to get a team ranked "accurately". ****, we just got jumped by TWO one-loss teams, who beat teams that MIGHT HAVE been ranked too high. Ole **** just beat a (now) 2-loss LSU team by 6, and Oregon State beat Utah by 14.

So, yeah, forgive me if I really don't give a **** about what the voters do if we beat a #5 team instead of a #12/13 team. And, again, if we win 12 games, no voter is keeping us out of the CFP "because F$U had a bad year".

Enough already. We don't need F$U to win. I'd like for F$U to go 0-12 every year, but that's unrealistic.

Do you understand how rooting for FSU and being a Miami fan are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE?

Fakes and traitors

France Pain GIF by Aya Murata

With our starting QB out with a broken knuckle...
LOL! I remember those clowns pouding their chests after that game. A true FR.(Toretta) started and still almost beat them on their turf.

Oh and Miami still won Title #3 that season so Hail to the Seminoles🖕

Advertisement
Are you happy yet? Do you understand how rooting for FSU and being a Miami fan are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE? Do you get it yet?
They’re not. Especially if you want what’s best for Miami. Besides, it’s not really “rooting for” fsu. If fsu goes 0-12, **** ‘em. BUT, beating a highly ranked fsu team catapults Miami over them in the rankings and could solidify a spot in the playoffs.

You know how people want Texas A&M to win to make Miami look good? Same isht.

They’re not. Especially if you want what’s best for Miami. Besides, it’s not really “rooting for” fsu. If fsu goes 0-12, **** ‘em. BUT, beating a highly ranked fsu team catapults Miami over them in the rankings and could solidify a spot in the playoffs.

You know how people want Texas A&M to win to make Miami look good? Same isht.

If you think Texas A&M winning out and FSU winning are the same as it pertains to Miami, then there is absolutely nothing to discuss with you. No sane person believes that. A&M is not in our conference, is not a direct competitor program, is not our archrival, and is on our schedule once in a blue moon. I can't believe you even typed the bold and posted it. It's embarrassing.

Miami has a far more difficult remaining schedule than FSU does. There is a very real possibility that Miami goes into Tallahassee, beats a previously undefeated FSU, but finishes with more losses than they do. Those who want FSU to win are actively supporting this scenario, whether or not they are willing to admit it.

Advertisement
And we're always complaining about how ******* weak and pathetic the ACC is... WTF makes sense here.

If you think Texas A&M winning out and FSU winning are the same as it pertains to Miami, then there is absolutely nothing to discuss with you. No sane person believes that. A&M is not in our conference, is not a direct competitor program, is not our archrival, and is on our schedule once in a blue moon. I can't believe you even typed the bold and posted it. It's embarrassing.

Miami has a far more difficult remaining schedule than FSU does. There is a very real possibility that Miami goes into Tallahassee, beats a previously undefeated FSU, but finishes with more losses than they do. Those who want FSU to win are actively supporting this scenario, whether or not they are willing to admit it.
I am the ringleader of this topic and i will be the first to admit i get illusions of grandeur therefore, perhaps there is some stupidity with my view. I am okay with that.

But your stance seems to be based on fear/realism and thats okay too.

Bottom line is whether you are the type that is into big risk/big reward or playing it safe, we are talking about scenarios for Miami to win the conference and go to the playoffs.

Despite our differences, at the core of it all, its pretty awesome.

If FSU loses to Duke, Syracuse, Pitt before Miami and then Miami beats them then we will all be happy.

If FSU doesn’t lose and Miami beats the top 5 team in the country on national tv and then FSU loses to UF and then UM beats FSU in the ACC title game again, we will all be happy. (See 2003, regular season and bowl win vs them punks)

We aren’t going to always agree and thats ok. **** it. Who cares. What we are “rooting for” or “hoping for” has NO AFFECT

I am the ringleader of this topic and i will be the first to admit i get illusions of grandeur therefore, perhaps there is some stupidity with my view. I am okay with that.

But your stance seems to be based on fear/realism and thats okay too.

Bottom line is whether you are the type that is into big risk/big reward or playing it safe, we are talking about scenarios for Miami to win the conference and go to the playoffs.

Despite our differences, at the core of it all, its pretty awesome.

If FSU loses to Duke, Syracuse, Pitt before Miami and then Miami beats them then we will all be happy.

If FSU doesn’t lose and Miami beats the top 5 team in the country on national tv and then FSU loses to UF and then UM beats FSU in the ACC title game again, we will all be happy. (See 2003, regular season and bowl win vs them punks)

We aren’t going to always agree and thats ok. **** it. Who cares. What we are “rooting for” or “hoping for” has NO AFFECT
If someone wanted to play an undefeated Syracuse, I wouldn't be nearly as incensed, but FSU makes my blood boil.

Advertisement
Back