CIS FSU fans

Sure that can happen but all the teams i listed beat the team when they were currently ranked that high.

I am not making the stats up. Its right there. I personally dont think UNC is that good. You want to bank on a team that has averaged almost 5 losses every season under Mack Brown? Be my guess but I don’t see it. At all.

WTF is wrong with you?

I'm not "banking" on anything. I'm pointing out that two of the teams with the easiest remaining ACC schedules (UNC and Louisville) might constitute quality wins.

You are ranting about some stupid statistic, while trying to rehabilitate your hot-**** take about how you want F$U to be undefeated when we play them.

Go back and read the original subject line from the original poster on this thread. He's talking about posters like you.

If you honestly believe that the CFP would not take an undefeated Miami "because we didn't beat a Top 10 team", then you have serious mental issues.

Advertisement
WTF is wrong with you?

I'm not "banking" on anything. I'm pointing out that two of the teams with the easiest remaining ACC schedules (UNC and Louisville) might constitute quality wins.

You are ranting about some stupid statistic, while trying to rehabilitate your hot-**** take about how you want F$U to be undefeated when we play them.

Go back and read the original subject line from the original poster on this thread. He's talking about posters like you.

If you honestly believe that the CFP would not take an undefeated Miami "because we didn't beat a Top 10 team", then you have serious mental issues.
You are right my good man, because undefeated Miami is NOT going to get passed up by the CFP this year, after Miami beats top 5 FSU to take their place in the top 5. Just like Miami did in 2017 over top 5 Notre Dame. My crazy *** with mental issues was there with a family of four. So sit back and enjoy it. Thanks.

Sincerely

TruC, a hero for the weirdos

@passitback I love you homie.

How cute.

Look at @Tru C FSU **** gobblers twisting themselves into pretzels explaining how it’s so much better beating FSU after they win all their games this year and is ranked highly.
Facts. I said what i said and stand on it. What other *** visions do you have about it?

Advertisement
None. But whether you are undefeated or have one loss, you usually have to have beaten someone of note in the college football era.

Last two playoffs, whether it was a one loss or undefeated team, EVERY SINGLE TEAM had a win vs a top 10 opponent. EVERY SINGLE ONE, including Cincy.

I haven’t gone back to look beyond the last two years but i am guessing it is similar.

Edit: i just went back to the Covid season and again, ALL four teams had wins vs top 10. So thats last three years. Shall i keep going?

Clemson in 2019 appears to be one team from that playoff to have not beaten one top 10 team. They did beat #12 Texas A&M AND lets not forget, they came into that year already an annual playoff team and national champion. Similar to UGA this year.

That's an interesting stat. UNC will likely be ranked at or around 12 when we play them, but not top 10 so fair enough. I also suspect whoever we hypothetically play in the ACCCG (assuming UM was to run the table) would be ranked somewhere in the top 15, but maybe not top 10.

That said, you may actually be the most recklessly optimistic UM fan I've come across. Rooting for No.5 Forfeit State to win week 4 and on because it's the only path you see for UM (started the season unranked and coming off a 5-7 season) to make the CFP (for the first time)? Regardless of what that could mean for recruiting (especially considering UM has the more difficult schedule here on out)?

Too risky for me. I'd much rather FSU lose every game on their schedule.

Either way, with CFP expansion next year to 12 teams, I look forward to you rooting for Forfeit State losses (like the rest of us) in the future.

That's an interesting stat. UNC will likely be ranked at or around 12 when we play them, but not top 10 so fair enough. I also suspect whoever we hypothetically play in the ACCCG (assuming UM was to run the table) would be ranked somewhere in the top 15, but maybe not top 10.

That said, you may actually be the most recklessly optimistic UM fan I've come across. Rooting for No.5 Forfeit State to win week 4 and on because it's the only path you see for UM (started the season unranked and coming off a 5-7 season) to make the CFP (for the first time)? Regardless of what that could mean for recruiting (especially considering UM has the more difficult schedule here on out)?

Either way, with CFP expansion next year to 12 teams, I look forward to you rooting for Forfeit State losses (like the rest of us) in the future.

No real Miami fan would root for any of that to happen.

This scenario is absurd on its face, and actually, if you look at all the probabilities, realistically, the aforementioned scenario only benefits FSU, not Miami.

This is probably the fairest, most respectful and most thought out post to counter what i posted. Kudos, I appreciate it.

And you are right. I can probably be considered recklessly optimistic. I am definitely a half glass full guy. People who have known and met me know that.

I simply am not thinking about “what if we lose” until it happens. All i can think about is what will be after Miami wins.

Miami would be back in the top 5 for the first time since 2017.

Miami would be in clear control of its own playoff destiny.

The brand that is Miami would instantaneously be reactivated in front of millions of viewers, including recruits, from all over the country, not just the state of Florida and the current #15 class would surely close with being in the top #10 for back to back top #10 classes.

And lastly, it would change the discussion regarding realignment. Miami could become a must have if not already (debatable by some).

And even if Miami did lose, Miami would not drop too far and still be in position to get a rematch in the ACC Championship game.

As for “rooting for FSU”, I am not attending FSU games when they aren’t playing Miami, I am not donating to FSU or purchasing merchandise, I would love for them to lose every game UNLESS there are circumstances that exist where them winning benefits Miami, and yes, i believe those circumstances may exist from time to time, including this year.

But anyway, GT.

Advertisement
No real Miami fan would root for any of that to happen.

This scenario is absurd on its face, and actually, if you look at all the probabilities, realistically, the aforementioned scenario only benefits FSU, not Miami.

Yup. We are their last ACC game. So even if we win, we'd likely have to play them again in the ACCCG, assuming we win out to get there (which we'd need to do).

Yup. We are their last ACC game. So even if we win, we'd likely have to play them again in the ACCCG, assuming we win out to get there (which we'd need to do).

Exactly. Realistically, after four games, I see us as a 10–2 or 9-3 type team, I would like to think we would go undefeated, but how realistic is that?

We will be much improved this year of that I have no doubt.

Therefore, unless you are a complete numbskull, wanting FSU to win out is counterproductive for us especially from a recruiting standpoint. How is that not obvious to people? I’m not kidding myself, these are FSU fans. They’re just in the closet. Well, not so much now.

This is probably the fairest, most respectful and most thought out post to counter what i posted. Kudos, I appreciate it.

And you are right. I can probably be considered recklessly optimistic. I am definitely a half glass full guy. People who have known and met me know that.

I simply am not thinking about “what if we lose” until it happens. All i can think about is what will be after Miami wins.

Miami would be back in the top 5 for the first time since 2017.

Miami would be in clear control of its own playoff destiny.

The brand that is Miami would instantaneously be reactivated in front of millions of viewers, including recruits, from all over the country, not just the state of Florida and the current #15 class would surely close with being in the top #10 for back to back top #10 classes.

And lastly, it would change the discussion regarding realignment. Miami could become a must have if not already (debatable by some).

And even if Miami did lose, Miami would not drop too far and still be in position to get a rematch in the ACC Championship game.

As for “rooting for FSU”, I am not attending FSU games when they aren’t playing Miami, I am not donating to FSU or purchasing merchandise, I would love for them to lose every game UNLESS there are circumstances that exist where them winning benefits Miami, and yes, i believe those circumstances may exist from time to time, including this year.

But anyway, GT.

Fair enough, and I can appreciate the respectful back and forth. I am more in the "cautious/guarded optimism" school of thought. Plus, I am a crawl before you walk guy, so I won't be entertaining CFP dreams unless/until we are that 9-0 team walking into Doak with our chest out (fingers crossed).

But, reading through your posts on this subject, I landed on "recklessly optimistic Cane" and not "Nole mole". Although I disagree with that philosophy, it's still pro-Cane and I can at least understand it comes from a pro-UM place.

But, yes, one game at a time. Let's destroy GT 45-17 and take it from there. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Exactly. Realistically, after four games, I see us as a 10–2 or 9-3 type team, I would like to think we would go undefeated, but how realistic is that?

We will be much improved this year of that I have no doubt.

Therefore, unless you are a complete numbskull, wanting FSU to win out is counterproductive for us especially from a recruiting standpoint. How is that not obvious to people? I’m not kidding myself, these are FSU fans. They’re just in the closet. Well, not so much now.

I think many (most) of those types are Forfeit State fans. But, I have met people who are unflappable in their optimism. Give those types a 4-0 start (inclusing a win over a TAMU brand) and UM is going undefeated until they see us lose a game. I believe @Tru C is just one of those guys.

Like I have said, I would prefer FSU lose every game forever until the end of time, but that's not realistic either. And I am not willing to risk their staying out of the CFP on a game up at Doak this year.

I think many (most) of those types are Forfeit State fans. But, I have met people who are unflappable in their optimism. Give those types a 4-0 start (inclusing a win over a TAMU brand) and UM is going undefeated until they see us lose a game. I believe @Tru C is just one of those guys.

Like I have said, I would prefer FSU lose every game forever until the end of time, but that's not realistic either. And I am not willing to risk their staying out of the CFP on a game up at Doak this year.
I understand what you’re saying, but when it comes to either FSU or Florida, I only think one way: death and destruction. We don’t need them to be good for us to be good. We just need to be good. The recruiting piece is the one people need to think about.

I understand what you’re saying, but when it comes to either FSU or Florida, I only think one way: death and destruction. We don’t need them to be good for us to be good. We just need to be good. The recruiting piece is the one people need to think about.

I hear you. I am hate watching both those programs and basking in their failures. I want miserable seasons for them. The one exception is when either team has a Napier level corch, in which case I hope for the fewest possible wins to keep that corch around for another season, up to a max of 6.

Advertisement
Fair enough, and I can appreciate the respectful back and forth. I am more in the "cautious/guarded optimism" school of thought. Plus, I am a crawl before you walk guy, so I won't be entertaining CFP dreams unless/until we are that 9-0 team walking into Doak with our chest out (fingers crossed).

But, reading through your posts on this subject, I landed on "recklessly optimistic Cane" and not "Nole mole". Although I disagree with that philosophy, it's still pro-Cane and I can at least understand it comes from a pro-UM place.

But, yes, one game at a time. Let's destroy GT 45-17 and take it from there. Go Canes!
And one more thing. I am not a heal digger. I will change my mind on things if someone presents a good counter argument instead of simply saying “well, you are sucking, *******, riding” the Noles.

I am from NJ and live in Maryland.

I been to UM vs Ohio State at the meadowlands

UM at FSU in Tally

UM vs FSU in Hard Rock twice

UM at Ohio State

UM vs UF at Hard Rock and UM vs UF in Orlando

UM vs Pitt in Hard Rock

UM at Boston College

UM at Louisville

UM vs Clemson in the ACC Championship in Charlotte

UM vs Notre Dame in Hard Rock

Wife a UM grad and we have donated.

And often times i take the whole family.

Met people on this board, other Cane boards, partied, broke bread and drank with them.

Now admittedly, I may say some outlandish ****, but its always out of love and having grand visions for UM to rule the College Football World.

So posters can and should say whatever they want but i can obviously just laugh at it sometimes too, especially if it is so far off base that i have to laugh.

I hope for FSU to lose every single week

BUT if we’re the ones that need to slay that paper dragon with the glory so be it

**** fsu
Unsure how this isn’t the unanimous sentiment. All that other rah-rah is nonsense.

If FSU could go 0-11 I’d love it but the reality is it’s too late for them to do that. So at this point, with them highly rated CURRENTLY, I hope we beat them. Idc if they win or lose until we play, I just wanna beat them. Us beating them while they’re highly rated is just a bonus for us

I disagree completely. It's a rivalry. It doesn't matter what the rankings are, what matters is we beat them. I don't care to see them succeed...I care to see us beat them... that's the BEST thing for this program in many ways.

Prove me wrong

Completely agree.

FSU and Miami battle it out for the same recruits annually. I never have any issues with those donkeys talking L's before playing UM.

I don't want two undefeated teams.

I want the Canes undefeated and I want the Noles with two losses and taking a third as UM puts a foot on their throat.

Advertisement
Back