CIS FSU fans

Miami vs FSU, top 5 to 10 matchup, Miami wins. That is the BEST thing that can happen for this program this year, for a number of reasons.

Thanks

You my boy, Tru. Known each other for a long time, broke bread across America...

The idea of rooting for FSU to be undefeated is ridiculous.

Do I need to remind you what happened in 2000? We gonna really take it there, bruh?

Advertisement
In the CFP era, how many times have there been 4 undefeated teams in the playoff?
None. But whether you are undefeated or have one loss, you usually have to have beaten someone of note in the college football era.

Last two playoffs, whether it was a one loss or undefeated team, EVERY SINGLE TEAM had a win vs a top 10 opponent. EVERY SINGLE ONE, including Cincy.

I haven’t gone back to look beyond the last two years but i am guessing it is similar.

Edit: i just went back to the Covid season and again, ALL four teams had wins vs top 10. So thats last three years. Shall i keep going?

Clemson in 2019 appears to be one team from that playoff to have not beaten one top 10 team. They did beat #12 Texas A&M AND lets not forget, they came into that year already an annual playoff team and national champion. Similar to UGA this year.

Last edited:
None. But whether you are undefeated or have one loss, you usually have to have beaten someone of note in the college football era.

Last two playoffs, whether it was a one loss or undefeated team, EVERY SINGLE TEAM had a win vs a top 10 opponent. EVERY SINGLE ONE, including Cincy.

I haven’t gone back to look beyond the last two years but i am guessing it is similar

Okkkkk....

But take a look at North Carolina's schedule. Let's say Miami beats UNC and gives them their first loss.

The rest of UNCs's schedule is:

UVa - terrible
GaTech - terrible
Campbell - terrible
Duke - easily beatable if the QB is out for the season
Clemson - looking very mortal
NC State - rivalry, and NCS doesn't look great

Which means that UNC could very easily finish 11-1 even if we beat them. Which would put them in the Top 10.

People ****ting on UNC and lionizing F$U...why? Because F$U started out with more pre-season hype?

Ridiculous.

Would it be more satisfying to beat FSU when it means something to them? Like in the wars of the mid 80s-mid 90s, or 2000 to 2002? Sure. When I look back historically, I take more pleasure at remembering those wins than some game when we’re both on ranked, and nobody ******* cares except us.

That stated, I root for Florida State to lose every game until we play them, and then for an undefeated Miami to destroy them mercilessly.

A winless Florida State (and Florida) is an idea to relish.

You my boy, Tru. Known each other for a long time, broke bread across America...

The idea of rooting for FSU to be undefeated is ridiculous.

Do I need to remind you what happened in 2000? We gonna really take it there, bruh?

and the consensus was that was a robbery. Still that year Miami beat #1 FSU and #2 Va Tech. Now would Miami have even been in the conversation AT ALL if Miami didn’t beat #1 and #2? FSU beat #10 and #4 that year. Washington beat #4 that year. Oklahoma beat #2, #1 and #8.

ALL teams seriously considered beat a top 10 team.

Advertisement
Okkkkk....

But take a look at North Carolina's schedule. Let's say Miami beats UNC and gives them their first loss.

The rest of UNCs's schedule is:

UVa - terrible
GaTech - terrible
Campbell - terrible
Duke - easily beatable if the QB is out for the season
Clemson - looking very mortal
NC State - rivalry, and NCS doesn't look great

Which means that UNC could very easily finish 11-1 even if we beat them. Which would put them in the Top 10.

People ****ting on UNC and lionizing F$U...why? Because F$U started out with more pre-season hype?

Ridiculous.
Sure that can happen but all the teams i listed beat the team when they were currently ranked that high.

I am not making the stats up. Its right there. I personally dont think UNC is that good. You want to bank on a team that has averaged almost 5 losses every season under Mack Brown? Be my guess but I don’t see it. At all.

I found myself rooting for the Gators yesterday to get back in the game, but it was only so they keep Napier longer! No one would ever confuse me for a Gator fan, but then again I would never root for them to win.

Advertisement
I found myself rooting for the Gators yesterday to get back in the game, but it was only so they keep Napier longer! No one would ever confuse me for a Gator fan, but then again I would never root for them to win.

Morgan Freeman Wtf GIF

Their schedule has more bums than a New York subway. They will go 6-6 at worst.

FSU fans must cherish their 1989 signature win against us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've said this the past two week that "if" Miami can stay injury free it is very "possible" they finish the season unbeaten. I'll add to that to say if that takes place they must win by double digits, not necessarily a blowout, but at least 10 points and that includes beating FSU whether they are undefeated or not(kind of hoped Duke would do the job but with their QB out, well.........)

The PAC champ may have a team with 0-1 losses. Same with the SEC, the BIG10 and BIG12 so that's possibly 4 teams. To quote Jimmy when he said "never leave in the hands of the officials after the ND game". The same needs to hold true in this case with the playoff selection committee.

The best thing about all this is that we are talking Miami possibly being involved in some big games that could lead to a playoff birth and that feels darn good.

In 2017, it would have been better if ND was unranked and lost every game before playing Miami on national television in front of a sellout stadium at night as the #3 team. It just doesn’t make sense to want your team to play in games like that. Just beat the Virginia Techs of the world, maybe a mid ranked team and hope for the best. Miami probably makes it to #2 regardless that year (End Sarcasm).

Would it be more satisfying to beat FSU when it means something to them? Like in the wars of the mid 80s-mid 90s, or 2000 to 2002? Sure. When I look back historically, I take more pleasure at remembering those wins than some game when we’re both on ranked, and nobody ******* cares except us.

That stated, I root for Florida State to lose every game until we play them, and then for an undefeated Miami to destroy them mercilessly.

A winless Florida State (and Florida) is an idea to relish.
That’s what I imagine heaven is like also throw ND in there

Advertisement
Back