CIS D-Day - February 17, 2023 - “Meat” at the Titanic!

Advertisement
636671826822286164-News-Press-Thu-Jun-19-1980-.jpg
Yessir....Moved to Cape Coral in May of 1975.
Lived on 46th Lane for a yr.. then Viking CT all through HS...

Some time back in a box of my parents old stuff, I found a few pages of the Cape Coral Breeze from just before Thanksgiving in 1970. Publix was advertising young turkeys for 59 cents a pound. That was still their sales price for Thanksgiving up until maybe last year?

Some time back in a box of my parents old stuff, I found a few pages of the Cape Coral Breeze from just before Thanksgiving in 1970. Publix was advertising young turkeys for 59 cents a pound. That was still their sales price for Thanksgiving up until maybe last year?
Lol....Let's not kid ourselves...Turkey is wayyy overrated. Unless you inject it, or Deep Fry it, it's tasteless trash. There's a reason why it's so cheap.

Advertisement
It's not, but lol anyway. Little Italy is literally a designated neighborhood in NYC, bordering chinatown. Now if you want to say its become a shell of itself and Arthur Avenue is the better spot for Italian, I will not object : ).

BTW many prefer the Chinese restaurants in Flushing and Sunset Park over Chinatown.

GTFOOHWDBS

Aint gonna sit here and tell me what is and isn't Little Italy. Got to be kidding me.

Yes, there is a Little Italy downtown. Well aware of it. Just saying, the real Little Italy is in the BX. And that's that.

Hahahaha!

Brother, this thread can't handle that Sheetz vs Wawa fire. THAT might end up in a real-life fight actually materializing. Not to get political but trying to balance THAT line actually caused John Fetterman to stroke out and end up in a subsequent depression.
Any of you wuss *** Sheetz betas wanna rumble?

Let's agree to meet at neutral site:

I will throw hands upon you at the Hess!!

You can't handle the Wawa and their delicious hot dog and sub sandwich smoke!!

Don't make me slap you with the convenient self-checout line either!!

Advertisement
GTFOOHWDBS

Aint gonna sit here and tell me what is and isn't Little Italy. Got to be kidding me.

Yes, there is a Little Italy downtown. Well aware of it. Just saying, the real Little Italy is in the BX. And that's that.

The REAL Little Italy is Arthur Ave, and has been since forever....and I don't care what ANYONE says...The Lower East Side Little Italy was huge in the 1920s...because that's where hundreds of thousands Italians flocked to from Ellis Island.

Lol....Let's not kid ourselves...Turkey is wayyy overrated. Unless you inject it, or Deep Fry it, it's tasteless trash. There's a reason why it's so cheap.
Or bbq it.

But it goes to show how supply and demand has lower prices despite inflation over the course of 50+ years.

GTFOOHWDBS

I respect that you have a lot of feelings, but "Little Italy" is in lower Manhattan and "Arthur Avenue" is in the Belmont area of the Bronx. Now I appreciate that you think, with some validity, that Arthur Ave has become the the more authentic place for Italian food and food shopping, and no one is arguing with you there, but they are called what they are called.

No one in NYC, Italian or not, local or not, is going to say "let's go have dinner in Little Italy" and mean the Bronx. Period. If you tell anyone to meet you in Little Italy for dinner, you're going to end up eating at Randazzo's alone, while they all have a grand time breaking bread at Il Cortile on Mulberry without you.

I'll give you credit though, you're on a roll lately! : )

But show respect for reality.

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

Last edited:
Nice! I spent many an afternoon at the Blind Tiger. But more at the original one in the west village before they moved. Bleecker Pizza St. is super solid, better than Joe's IMO, but John's Pizza which is right there is beyond worth the time.
Anyone remember St. Mark’s Pizza over there? McSorley’s Ale House was around the corner from it IIRC.

Advertisement
Anyone remember St. Mark’s Pizza over there? McSorley’s Ale House was around the corner from it IIRC.

St. Marks Pizza was just a place, nothing special. McSorley's is a few blocks away, an an iconic and special place.

dark >> light

Couple things.

First, I agree with you on "Butterball" and mass-market turkey generally. Lately, the turkeys I've ordered have been "heritage turkeys", the ones that can actually stand upright and reproduce without artificial insemination. Butterball has DESTROYED the turkey market with its obsession over bland, tasteless white meat.

Second, my brother has been cooking with the "Franklin BBQ" recipe, which involves tons and tons of butter, particularly in the injection phase. He mixes the butter with some Cajun seasoning, and it's amazing. Plus, we deep fry too.

Finally, just for the record, my brother has about 15 or 20 wild turkeys that pretty much live on his 7 acres in Sanford. Two weekends ago, I told him we need to put the chicken run back up, catch a few turkeys, and then start regulating their diet for the next 6 or 8 months. We shall see...

Advertisement
I respect that you have a lot of feelings, but "Little Italy" is in lower Manhattan and "Arthur Avenue" is in the Bronx. Now I appreciate that you think, with some validity, that Arthur Ave has become the the more authentic place for Italian food and food shopping, and no one is arguing with you there, but they are called what they are called.

No one in NYC, Italian or not, local or not, is going to say "let's go have dinner in Little Italy" and mean the Bronx. Period. If you tell anyone to meet you in Little Italy for dinner, you're going to end up eating at Randazzo's alone, while they all have a grand time breaking bread at Il Cortile on Mulberry without you.

I'll give you credit though, you're on a roll lately! : )

But show respect for reality.

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin
there was a randazzos in margate fl years ago. great food

Advertisement
Back