CIS Burger Wars

This is the best burger in the world. I say that respectfully knowing that taste is subjective, but no, really, this is the best burger in the world. It's the "Black Label Burger" at Minetta Tavern in New York City. It costs $38 plus tax and tip. But before you lose your mind, its made from a proprietary blend of USDA prime dry-aged Creekstone Farms (the best in the U.S., IMO) beef created by Pat LaFrieda. The quality of the meat in this is better than the "prime steak" you pay more for at your local steak house. It doesn't come with cheese which I know is triggering, but once you try it, you'd get it. It would be like putting cheese on a perfectly musty 60-day dry aged steak. It's served with caramelized onions and pommes frites on a homemade brioche bun from Bathazar Bakery.

It's ******* insane. It's perfect.

View attachment 239462

View attachment 239461

And yes I eat them off the hood of my Bentley while hanging out with Ray Lewis.

PS- they also do the best french dip I've ever had, but only at brunch and lunch.
@brock would faint if he saw that.....

Advertisement
Had Culver's last night...very crisp lettuce/onions and lovely crinkle fries.

Just popping in to say the best burger in the world is at Bleecker in London. Makes 5 Guys look like McDonalds in comparison.
I don’t believe the best anything is in London in terms of food lol. The beans on toast brigade has left me with the impression they can’t be trusted when it comes to cuisine.

There’s levels to this burger ****. You’ve got fast food, fast casual, restaurant/pub/diner and then fine dining.

If you’re using premium ingredients and charging $40, your burger **** well better be spectacular.

There’s something to be said about making a $5 burger really tasty. Not many places can do that.

Now some of these “fast casuals” are starting to charge “restaurant” prices and it’s ridiculous. For the price of 5 guys, I can go to my local gastropub and get a burger, fries and a beer. I’m not interested in paying $25 for elevated fast food.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes sir, but was born in Southern California, raised in Florida, moved back out to LA for work in my 30s and have been back in NSB for about 10 years.

Ha…had a feeling. Absolutely love NSB. We go every year for a week in July/August. Very much look forward to it, I’ll be there the 2nd week of August I believe this year.

The Garlic might be my favorite restaurant on the planet. The food is probably not the best I’ve ever had, it’s otherworldly, but maybe a 9/10 but the food plus the ambiance plus the drinks….I would eat there every night I’m in town if the family would let me.

Ha…had a feeling. Absolutely love NSB. We go every year for a week in July/August. Very much look forward to it, I’ll be there the 2nd week of August I believe this year.

The Garlic might be my favorite restaurant on the planet. The food is probably not the best I’ve ever had, it’s otherworldly, but maybe a 9/10 but the food plus the ambiance plus the drinks….I would eat there every night I’m in town if the family would let me.
The ambience at the garlic is top notch, but you nailed it with the food. I describe it as just fine. The best restaurant in NSB is third wave. The ambience is like a small garlic, but the food is on a whole another level. They were just on Diners, drive-ins and dives. The head chef was just featured on another food network show. They are one of the few restaurants locally trying to keep things interesting. Lots of locally sourced food, plus the guy flies in wagyu every week. A lot of the stuff sells out, so I’d get there early. Huge fan of the place

Advertisement
The ambience at the garlic is top notch, but you nailed it with the food. I describe it as just fine. The best restaurant in NSB is third wave. The ambience is like a small garlic, but the food is on a whole another level. They were just on Diners, drive-ins and dives. The head chef was just featured on another food network show. They are one of the few restaurants locally trying to keep things interesting. Lots of locally sourced food, plus the guy flies in wagyu every week. A lot of the stuff sells out, so I’d get there early. Huge fan of the place

We go there every time we’re in town too 😂

My wife is gonna crack up when I tell her this. I agree with you 1000%, I prefer the Garlic just because of what the restaurant is but the actual food at Third Wave is better. They also have the best espresso martini I’ve ever had in my life there. Definitely huge fans of third wave, they have excellent brunch too.

The week we’re there will absolutely include a stop at The Garlic and Third Wave, those are non-negotiable. Had no idea about the diners, drive-ins and dives, I am gonna have to find that one and check it out. But that place is so legit. Glad to hear they’re still doing well, they deserve it.

We go there every time we’re in town too 😂

My wife is gonna crack up when I tell her this. I agree with you 1000%, I prefer the Garlic just because of what the restaurant is but the actual food at Third Wave is better. They also have the best espresso martini I’ve ever had in my life there. Definitely huge fans of third wave, they have excellent brunch too.

The week we’re there will absolutely include a stop at The Garlic and Third Wave, those are non-negotiable. Had no idea about the diners, drive-ins and dives, I am gonna have to find that one and check it out. But that place is so legit. Glad to hear they’re still doing well, they deserve it.
Yea, they’ve really done well for themselves the last few years, the owners are really nice people. I’ll probably stay away from beachside this weekend 😂. Flagler ave will be packed all weekend I’m sure. I’ll be one of the few people in town driving around with a UM tag this weekend. I hope you guys have a great time!

Yea, they’ve really done well for themselves the last few years, the owners are really nice people. I’ll probably stay away from beachside this weekend 😂. Flagler ave will be packed all weekend I’m sure. I’ll be one of the few people in town driving around with a UM tag this weekend. I hope you guys have a great time!

Yeah, you know much better than I do being a local, but it's definitely gotten way more packed recently. The secret is out, apparently. I've never been on a holiday weekend, I can't even imagine how Memorial Day or the 4th would be because even our random weeks in July or August are turning into a zoo.

When we started going about 7 or 8 years ago, it was relatively calm but it seems like the last 2-3 years the entire beach is a madhouse. Memorial Day must be on another level, I don't blame you for staying away from Flagler.

If you stumble into anything new or noteworthy over the summer that you think I should check out, give me a shout. I'm always looking for something to get into while I'm there.

Thanks.

Advertisement
Yeah, you know much better than I do being a local, but it's definitely gotten way more packed recently. The secret is out, apparently. I've never been on a holiday weekend, I can't even imagine how Memorial Day or the 4th would be because even our random weeks in July or August are turning into a zoo.

When we started going about 7 or 8 years ago, it was relatively calm but it seems like the last 2-3 years the entire beach is a madhouse. Memorial Day must be on another level, I don't blame you for staying away from Flagler.

If you stumble into anything new or noteworthy over the summer that you think I should check out, give me a shout. I'm always looking for something to get into while I'm there.

Thanks.
Absolutely
AA garden fusion does a great green curry and it’s right next to Third Wave. Panheads Pizzeria is another good that’s gained some notoriety recently as well.

Advertisement
Back