Cincinnati Post Game Plus/Minus

- ∞ The Memphis Tigers gave up 20 less points to Cincinnati than we need. **** Onofrio

They didn't have their qb v Memphis. Look at how they did v everyone else on offense with Kiel playing.

and Kiel wasn't healthy today. Doing anything with bruised rib sucks, much less throwing a football while people hit you...

I know Dorito loves Bicho... so maybe thats why you return the favor

Advertisement
Watched on TV. Lasting thought - Al and Coach D must have incriminating photos on Jim Grobe. Guy spent 4 quarters drooling over the defense.

meaningless game. i didn't even watch and enjoyed a fun game of paintball this morning.

Crazy. I did the same thing. We got done around two and went to eat at buffalo wild wings. I walked to the bar and I saw us on TV in the 3rd quarter. Shrugged my shoulders and barely watched.

- ∞ The Memphis Tigers gave up 20 less points to Cincinnati than we need. **** Onofrio

They didn't have their qb v Memphis. Look at how they did v everyone else on offense with Kiel playing.

and Kiel wasn't healthy today. Doing anything with bruised rib sucks, much less throwing a football while people hit you...

Through 3 quarters they had 13 points and miami was up by like 30.

you hold yourself to the same level of accountability that Golden and D'onofrio hold themselves to

Advertisement
* Noon games suck

* James Coley replaced the bubble screens with the forward flips to Stacy Coley on reverses. He's desperate to get some sideways finesse in there somehow.

* We had 18 rushes entering the 4th quarter. That's ridiculous. Lazy bad habit that does nothing positive down the road. When a coordinator gets comfortable with shotgun snaps and a 2/1 pass/run ratio early in the game his team loses all opportunity to develop a physical presence and mindset

* Linder was replaced at left guard in some series, while the other starters remained intact. Good move. Linder is the furthest behind.

* We're going to suffer against a pass heavy team as long as Calvin Heurtelou is out there. His pass rush is non existent. Identical every play, a standup arm wrestle. I was laughing all game while thinking of the interior pass rushers we had in our long heyday

* Late in the third quarter I was stunned when Heurtelou actually made a move and shook his man on the pass rush. Granted, he fell down once he broke clear and then shook his hand in disgust, but at least it was a rare sign of competence. Then I looked again. It wasn't Heurtelou. We had subbed Anthony Moten when I wasn't paying attention. It was #95, not #93. What a difference in basic athletic ability. However, I could quickly rationalize Moten's lack of playing time. He literally struggled to get off the field and was huffing and puffing after being out there all of two plays. Then he came back later.

* Our kick return units continue to be incredibly disappointing. Last season there were dangerous creases seemingly all year. Now it's congestion like any other team.

* Field goal kicker is gaining in confidence and his mechanics are no longer all over the map from kick to kick. Now I need to learn his name.

* The Dance for Your Dinner skit has run its course and needs to be eliminated. I realize it doesn't show up on TV but it wastes time for those of us actually in the stadium. Three young people, generally students, are asked to dance side by side in the east end zone during a third quarter TV timeout. Winner is selected by audience approval. On Saturday the three female contestants were so lethargic and pathetic that the crowd properly loudly booed every single one of them. The PA announcer sharply identified how awful they were and mocked them, saying the early start to the game apparently sapped all their energy. He refused to name any of them the winner, other than a not so subtle rip by saying it was a 3-way tie for 3rd place, forcing them to split the gift certificate. He should have voided the payout completely

* Noon games suck

Last edited:

you hold yourself to the same level of accountability that Golden and D'onofrio hold themselves to

If the defense plays a solid game what's wrong with admitting it?

+ We ******* won. Even the most jaded fan must admit that that happens, what?, like 50% of the time nowadays?

-the combination of yet another week of No-D'Onofrio's defense, being insignificantly obsolete on the national stage, an empty Scum Life, and ACC referees made me want to hate **** a midget. I'm probably lucky i didn't end up in the clink, or, at least, in a gutter somewhere. Miami Hurricanes football, in the words of Joan Jett, I hate myself for loving you.

Advertisement
Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos 24s25 seconds ago

Dorsett: "These losses have brought us together as a team..." Adds he thinks #Canes will be okay.

Glad it took 3 losses to bring them together.
They must be pretty close with all these losses
I have heard from a reliable source (whoop) that the team has begun unrolling sleeping bags and crashing just outside the equipment room to build brothership.

If the defense plays a solid game what's wrong with admitting it?

Haa! You have no clue what a solid game from a defense looks like.

The difference in talent between us and them is insane and yet they still had 422yds, 34pts and went 8-20 on 3rd downs....and that's without considering all the open opportunities they left on that field.

You have to be kin of Dorito to not see it

- the worst ******* announcers I've ever heard and that's saying something

Advertisement

Did they mention anything about the speed of Artie burns or phillip Dorsett by chance?

I was actually cracking up because Jim Grobe mentioned the phrase "foot speed" at least 100 times during the broadcast. That might be a hyperbole, but the final number will be close.

Did they mention anything about the speed of Artie burns or phillip Dorsett by chance?

I was actually cracking up because Jim Grobe mentioned the phrase "foot speed" at least 100 times during the broadcast. That might be a hyperbole, but the final number will be close.
One more gigantic minus for that piece of **** Chip Caray. When he and Grobe were filling time in the 4th quarter they started talking about the "scrutiny" Golden has been under the past few weeks. Caray said, "sure fans want to be back to the glory days of the '80's and '90's, but they don't seem to remember all NCAA trouble that allowed them to be so successful. Al Golden is trying to do it the right way." GTFOH with that bull****.

Advertisement
Plus: The first of many banners to come was flown

Negative: This game gave Golden a win over another ****** opponent that he'll use as an excuse later.

Let's go Hokies.

Was there...

Duke, Yearby and Gus too. Fun to watch. Gray? WTF.

Kayaa....obvious

Wyche looked like he was panting after a run onto the field. How can you get a scholarship opportunity and then eat your way out of it?

Thought Coley looked a little better on kick returns. It does seem like he just runs into traffic though.

Kudos to guys in upper deck with "Fire D'onofrio" sheet that they unfurled

Tracy, Tracy , Tracy. My favorite Cane what happens to you? He looks lost, slow and confused.

Lastly, deep safety lines up over 20 yards deep in the center of the field and ALWAYS the first three steps are back. I am no football coach who knows "schemes" but I just don't get this.

Crowd wasn't THAT small....until 4th quater and I began to feel like Charlton Heston in Omega Man (Google it)

Happy to see a win though

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back