Chud To Boston College

Advertisement
I don't want our offense to look anything at all like anything Chud does.

His entire career was based off the fact that he inherited Larry Coker's OC position with the most talented team in history. Although, kudos to him for knowing he wasn't very good and getting out once that talent gravy train left the station.

His entire career was based off the fact that he inherited Larry Coker's OC position with the most talented team in history. Although, kudos to him for knowing he wasn't very good and getting out once that talent gravy train left the station.
Wait, he doesn't come with the same players without aging? Crap. Well, you can count how many people have ever been a NFL HC and I would not be one of them so I will not speak bad of him.

Advertisement
Congrats to Chud.

When you're in coaching, having a job is far better than NOT having a job.

Seems like a step down from what he had been up to in the NFL, but I honestly haven't followed his coaching career that closely post-Miami.

At any rate, it is a job.

Wait, he doesn't come with the same players without aging? Crap. Well, you can count how many people have ever been a NFL HC and I would not be one of them so I will not speak bad of him.
He certainly parlayed coaching the best team ever into a one year coaching job in the NFL. Gotta strike while the iron is hot

Advertisement
He certainly parlayed coaching the best team ever into a one year coaching job in the NFL. Gotta strike while the iron is hot
Chud had lot of coaching years in NFL before that one year HC gig and more years after. Many a HC career dies in Cleveland. I never had issue with Chud, but being at BC makes me puke a little.

Chud had lot of coaching years in NFL before that one year HC gig and more years after. Many a HC career dies in Cleveland. I never had issue with Chud, but being at BC makes me puke a little.
Al Golden has been coaching in the NFL since he got fired from Miami. Once you're in the club it's almost impossible to get kicked out.

Al Golden has been coaching in the NFL since he got fired from Miami. Once you're in the club it's almost impossible to get kicked out.

Give it a rest.

Al Golden went from a UM HC job down to TIGHT ENDS coach at one of the worst NFL franchises to...a demotion to the defensive side (still Detroit)...to being FIRED from that defensive position coach job at Detroit...to taking the same position in Cincy, another bad NFL franchise...

While Chud went from a UM OC job to an NFL position coach, then an NFL OC (promotion) to an NFL HC (promotion), and even after being fired as an NFL HC, he became an Associate Head Coach and OC.

Chud put in his time and was rightfully promoted. Golden has gone backwards.

No comparison.

Advertisement

I wouldn't want his offense either but how do you survive 8 years in NFL and not be "very good" as a coach?

He was a head coach for one

Give it a rest.

Al Golden went from a UM HC job down to TIGHT ENDS coach at one of the worst NFL franchises to...a demotion to the defensive side (still Detroit)...to being FIRED from that defensive position coach job at Detroit...to taking the same position in Cincy, another bad NFL franchise...

While Chud went from a UM OC job to an NFL position coach, then an NFL OC (promotion) to an NFL HC (promotion), and even after being fired as an NFL HC, he became an Associate Head Coach and OC.

Chud put in his time and was rightfully promoted. Golden has gone backwards.

No comparison.

Yea man, c’mon. Comparing the NFL careers of Gluten vs Chud is a travesty. Completely different career trajectories, and Chud is much more respected based on the level of positions he’s had, and the number of years he’s been in the league. No comparison.

Advertisement
Chud got screwed by the Browns. Turns out he was the best coach they've had in the past 30 years and people had no idea what they were doing at the time. And he was a successful OC in both the NFL & college. This fan base really lacks a lot of intelligence.
How successful was his offense in 2003 when they wasted what was probably the greatest UM defense ever? If you want to crown him for having a good offense in 2001 and 2002, then you better crown Coker for being the head coach of those teams.

My dad would always look at me like a scholar and say "We would have beat them if we had chud as OC"

I can't be the only kid.

Advertisement
Back