Christian Williams

I'm just giving in an opinion. Nothing etched in stone. If he at least contributes. , it means we have depth. To me that's positive...
You welcome to your opinion..I’m just telling you a fact lol. If Keyshawn sees major snaps in or secondary we in trouble. It’s not that I don’t think Washington won’t be good, he just needs to develop more physically

Advertisement
If Keyshawn Sees important defensive snaps that mean or DB depth chart has been obliterated this season yo

He might just be baller and work his tail off, our starting safties should be Bubba and Hall, then you Carter, Avante, Keyshawn

No great reason to love him, and maybe he'll only play in blitz packages with a talent infusion in the secondary this year and last.

However, Diaz seems to favor upperclassmen.

Aside from Shaq, there were several contributors who played ahead of younger, perhaps more talented players.

The following players were rammed down our throats last year despite not always performing well:

Bethel - out of football
Knowles - out of football
Pinckney - out of football
Nnoruka - out of football
Garvin - 7th round
Finley - undrafted FA
Bandy - undrafted FA
Hill - undrafted FA
Patchan - transfer
Ragone - no comment

Those guys played because the staff trusted them while Miller, Harvey, Blissett, Holley, K. Smith, Brooks, Joyner, C. Williams, Couch, Frierson etc spent most of the season watching from the sideline. They'll find a way to get Carter on the field as the lone senior in the defensive backfield. Book it.
I'm sure they will, but I stand by his stiffness and bad angles will exposed be it is at Striker or Safety.

Like our said we have talent but we lack true cover guys and DT depth to be an elite defense IMO

Advertisement
He might just be baller and work his tail off, our starting safties should be Bubba and Hall, then you Carter, Avante, Keyshawn
The only way Hall and Bolden do not start would be injury. Key needs a shirt year IMO.

Last edited:
I guess this is considered a hot take but Ivey will be the best longer corner on our roster next season (think couch is our best overall cover guy). People really overreacting to a few bad games/plays. This will definitely get heat but he is so much better than Blades at this point blades got real lucky last year cause his technique got him way out of position or flat out beat at times.

hhhhhmmmmmm. Nah, Blades by far was the best corner over all last year. His couple of missed tackles in some games does not weigh some of Ivey mishaps. Irdc I want both them to be them Dudes

Advertisement
No great reason to love him, and maybe he'll only play in blitz packages with a talent infusion in the secondary this year and last.

However, Diaz seems to favor upperclassmen.

Aside from Shaq, there were several contributors who played ahead of younger, perhaps more talented players.

The following players were rammed down our throats last year despite not always performing well:

Bethel - out of football
Knowles - out of football
Pinckney - out of football
Nnoruka - out of football
Garvin - 7th round
Finley - undrafted FA
Bandy - undrafted FA
Hill - undrafted FA
Patchan - transfer
Ragone - no comment

Those guys played because the staff trusted them while Miller, Harvey, Blissett, Holley, K. Smith, Brooks, Joyner, C. Williams, Couch, Frierson etc spent most of the season watching from the sideline. They'll find a way to get Carter on the field as the lone senior in the defensive backfield. Book it.
If carter sees the field it because he should be on the field. Say what u want about Knowels, he was more than solid as A sr. The answer isn’t Just throw a 17/18 year old Out there in a sink or swim situation. And it’s not that those guys aren’t talented prospects is that we do it for every freshman, every year. If Tae gets his menatal and technique right he has upside to see the field in the 2nd half of the season. Other then that I hope our youngins in clark, Harrell, Dunson, balom and Washington earn reps on ST and climp the depth chart that. Personally think carter will put together his best year. Talent isn’t his issue. He’s plenty athletic enough to play in the box and in the backend in or system At this level..will that translate to the next level? Who knows

Last edited:
Advertisement
Keyshawn is a baller.. at the HS level. I hope he works his tail off and is ready to contribute in 2021..our 3rd and 4th safeties will be 3 and 5..If Tae picks things up quickly he should see the field in a role in the 2nd half of the year. Kids upside is that high..if Washington comes out and outplays 3 vets and earns a level role this year I will streak across The Rock after kickoff vs FSU

Advertisement
Bubba over Carter
If bubba leg is good most definitely. He seems to be our best FS option as far as instincts back there. JMO but I’d personally like to see Hall at SS. He got a FS body but plays like a SS..but tbh the way we rotate our safeties whoever’s on the field can end up at a the F or SS depending on the offense alignment or shifts

Last edited:
If bubba leg is most definitely. He seems to be our best FS option as far as instincts back there. JMO but I’d personally like to see Hall at SS. He got a FS body but plays like a SS..but tbh the way we rotate our safeties whoever’s on the field can end up at a the F or SS depending on the offense alignment or shifts
That's the way it was when they played together last season, but we really don't assign them that. I prefer to see Bolden back there in CF showing range and Hall knocking guys out over the middle. I think if Bubba is healthy and Hall gets his head right we could have the best safety duo in the ACC, and I'm far from a homer.

I have a few big concerns. First our CB depth/lack of coverage guys, when teams go 5 wide we do not have 5 guys that can cover IMO.

Show me a team who does.

Our DT rotation is thin and lacks a star player, maybe someone like Nesta reaches his potential but right now on paper it is thin and not overly talented

How many programs are better off at DT than we are?

Advertisement
Back