Christian Williams

You welcome to your opinion..I’m just telling you a fact lol. If Keyshawn sees major snaps in or secondary we in trouble. It’s not that I don’t think Washington won’t be good, he just needs to develop more physically
What makes it a fact, brother?

Advertisement
Show me a team who does.

How many programs are better off at DT than we are?
We are a thin at CB, who do you trust in coverage outside of Blades? Thus my point. Now if Williams/Couch can really ball we should be OK, but I need to see it to believe it, from a team that was 6-7 last year I'm not drinking unseen Kool Aid

At DT there a 25+ teams that have better depth and talent than we have, we have recruited like **** at that position for some time now champ. We have ONE Top 20 DT recruit on the roster, so your question is hilarious and tells me you really don't know.

Loaded at DE, loaded at Safety/Striker, Plenty good enough to fill 2 LBer spots. Undertalented and thin at CB and DT unless some step up and surprise me. If you don't agree I really don't care. You are a foolish homer who thinks we were a 10 win team last season and constantly over rates the team.

Last edited:
That's the way it was when they played together last season, but we really don't assign them that. I prefer to see Bolden back there in CF showing range and Hall knocking guys out over the middle. I think if Bubba is healthy and Hall gets his head right we could have the best safety duo in the ACC, and I'm far from a homer.
Hall has legit NFL tools just needs to put it all together. Either this year he takes off, or this year he improves and then comes back as a SR with a bang. Kid is that talented imo. But we know our jrs bolt after a solid year smh..but as far as how we use our safeties, we are a heavy 1man or cover3 D..when a offense shifts you’ll notice our FS and SS down shift. We rarely shift or LBS or Strker and almost never have a traveling CB..seems mannys and baker want are backend guys to be hybrids and play both roles at times

Hall has legit NFL tools just needs to put it all together. Either this year he takes off, or this year he improves and then comes back as a SR with a bang. Kid is that talented imo. But we know our jrs bolt after a solid year smh..but as far as how we use our safeties, we are a heavy 1man or cover3 D..when a offense shifts you’ll notice our FS and SS down shift. We rarely shift or LBS or Strker and almost never have a traveling CB..seems mannys and baker want are backend guys to be hybrids and play both roles at times
I have been on the Hall Wagon since before he got on campus. He has all the physical tools he just mentally sometimes has lapses/diagnoses plays late. He is a sure tackler and a good blitzer. Hopefully this is the year it comes together. Hall and Bolden should both be on one of the ALL ACC teams this year if they play to their potential.

I'm really high on Avantae as well, he has NFL safety written all over him.

Advertisement
1luv never fails to do his job, lol

See the source image

Advertisement
Advertisement
Okay...yup that profile and given what we have back scream plzz redshirt this young cat
I think KW will be a player, but not next year. Like you said if we need him next year we are in trouble. Him and Avantae could be a nice duo back there in the future for sure

No great reason to love him, and maybe he'll only play in blitz packages with a talent infusion in the secondary this year and last.

However, Diaz seems to favor upperclassmen.

Aside from Shaq, there were several contributors who played ahead of younger, perhaps more talented players.

The following players were rammed down our throats last year despite not always performing well:

Bethel - out of football
Knowles - out of football
Pinckney - out of football
Nnoruka - out of football
Garvin - 7th round
Finley - undrafted FA
Bandy - undrafted FA
Hill - undrafted FA
Patchan - transfer
Ragone - no comment

Those guys played because the staff trusted them while Miller, Harvey, Blissett, Holley, K. Smith, Brooks, Joyner, C. Williams, Couch, Frierson etc spent most of the season watching from the sideline. They'll find a way to get Carter on the field as the lone senior in the defensive backfield. Book it.
This is a fact.

They value Seniority above all else, especially at Safety, which is why people who are expecting Avantae Williams to come in start or play lots of snaps as a TF are setting themselves up for disappointment.

He'll play mostly Special Teams & 2nd/3rd team reps as a backup, the only way he sees the field is if 3 upperclassmen Safeties ahead of him get injured.

This is a fact.

They value Seniority above all else, especially at Safety, which is why people who are expecting Avantae Williams to come in start or play lots of snaps as a TF are setting themselves up for disappointment.

He'll play mostly Special Teams & 2nd/3rd team reps as a backup, the only way he sees the field is if 3 upperclassmen Safeties ahead of him get injured.
Alot of big dawgs in that safety group. You know me I'll prop up the Dade kids. But Bolden was on fire right up to the celebration. Looking forward to him anchoring himself as a leader of that group...

Advertisement
This is a fact.

I wonder when this changed... I remember in the ND game when Richt was the coach and Bandy had that pick-6 it was him, Carter and Garvin running down the sidelines together, all true freshman playing in arguably our biggest game and on Defense where Manny was the DC.

Advertisement
Back