Christian Williams to Portal

Sad but true. If they didn't have an idea who these locker room lawyers were after last season's year of death, then they're clueless. They should have reevaluated every aspect of the program after last year and shot everyone out of here in a canon who didn't fit what Manny wanted.

All guesses at this point but this likely happens in every locker room, at every level and it is only getting worse. Bama has players disgruntled and leave regularly, Clemson has lost 2 or 3 highly rates QBs which would have been great for "depth" my guess is part of the issue is Gil displeased with being named co-starter with a younger cat, herbet and hillery upset about not being on the 2 deep and potentially some of the young guns feeling like they should play over the older guys.

Is what it is. You have a younger guy jump an elder, he likely wants to transfer as they see it as too tough to get that job back, younger guy sits behind older guy too long, well now he wants to transfer because he needs to play NOW.

Advertisement
Sure you can. A big part of recruiting is evaluating character. Rump recruited and signed this dude.

It goes a level beyond that. A big part of the job is recruiting ENOUGH volume of high quality players that you can offset the natural attrition and inevitable "busts" that happen. I don't blame a coach for a kid busting, I blame a coach for being so dependent on that kid that busted, that the bust is further magnified by the ****** depth chart left in his wake.

This isn't a now thing, it's an aggregate failure over time by Rumph to properly stock the cupboard. The issue is simply manifesting itself now. That depth chart was a mess before Williams even considered transferring.

Already?? Um... OK.
And after a game we won no less. I get kids want instant gratification but this is crazy to me, Williams quit after the 1st game of a season that doesn't count against his eligibility, that's some weak ****.

To be fair it’s not just cb where guys are “ rustled “. Even though I agree about Rumph.

I was told multiple guys would be leaving and three have left within the last week. I’m sure there’ll be more but Williams seemed like a bit of a surprise.

The issue is if you properly recruit VOLUME and have quantity, you have a buffer in place when inevitable transfers/drama/busts happen. We have zero buffer in place which magnifies every transfer and every bust.

Rumph did this to himself. I know it's not just a CB thing....but it's the position where we have the least amount of talent.

My understanding is you can play this year & not lose a year of eligibility? Why not finish up another semester of school, get some film for colleges to review/gain some experience? Transferring now makes zero sense.

Didn't read thread to see if this was discussed.
That's just it. Homesick, serious institutional problems, or butthurt are the only reasons I can think to leave mid-season.

Advertisement
The issue is if you properly recruit VOLUME and have quantity, you have a buffer in place when inevitable transfers/drama/busts happen. We have zero buffer in place which magnifies every transfer and every bust.

Rumph did this to himself. I know it's not just a CB thing....but it's the position where we have the least amount of talent.

You’re preaching to the choir on that my friend.

To be fair it’s not just cb where guys are “ rustled “. Even though I agree about Rumph.

I was told multiple guys would be leaving and three have left within the last week. I’m sure there’ll be more but Williams seemed like a bit of a surprise.
Hoping Brooks and Huff are not part of that. We need their speed at LB.

Edit - Listing those two was not to ask you for more details, just a general thought. I just can't imagine with how many freshmen we have in our 2 deep who else could be so ****ed off about PT so early.

Advertisement
No.

Brooks will play as many snaps as anyone this year. Huffs pt will increase too, especially if mccloud doesn’t learn to tackle in space
Appreciate the nuggets as always. That at least sounds encouraging that they are willing to bench McCould if he doesn't perform. As an aside, it is maddening how they are willing to do that with some guys and some positions but not others. Absolutely zero consistency.

Advertisement
People like you are awesome! Making fun of people posting their opinions on a message board...then posting your own like ok now here are the facts because **** man I know chit. You are so above that. If you were kidding ignore the above.

I for one find 30 pages without a mention of politics or race to be a tad bit refreshing.

Can I be a mastermind too? I am not there but it is tough for kids. Hey kid stick around because we need depth. What you are doing is good for the team. These kids have 4-5 years of football left and then most will never play again. I for one, if I loved playing, would work hard and try to get PT. If at the end of the day wasn’t playing, and regardless of the reason, I am going somewhere I can and have fun. He is in his second year no? From my perspective he didn’t just sign and not play in the first game then complained.

Good luck to him regardless of what he decides and enjoy life.
No, he’s really not above that.

Who are the other two that left?

Advertisement
I’ll just say there’s still some issues in the locker room. I’m not posting names and starting unnecessary drama/rumors. Just stating things aren’t peachy.
bill murray well its groundhog day again GIF

I’ll just say there’s still some issues in the locker room. I’m not posting names and starting unnecessary drama/rumors. Just stating things aren’t peachy.
So let’s chat my brotha;

We’ve been hearing locker room problems for, I dunno, since 2016. Now, here was our CIS logic: Richt era- “Just wait til Richt get all of his players, and no longer have to deal w/ inherited players from the old regime.” Well, we saw what happened (and I thoroughly outlined what happened each season as Golden’s players departed, and Richt’s recruits came & took over in another thread, that highlighted how wrong that logic was.)

2019: Manny made it appear that Richt’s regime on O was the problem. He boasted about new Miami. Well, new Miami became old Miami, and when I say old, I mean pre-1980’s Miami. At season’s end, Manny’s staff “anonymously” leaked info about certain players being “cancers” in the locker room. Said cancers were eradicated from locker room.

2020: CIS logic - “Manny is righting the ship. Love how he made changes and brought leadership to the locker room and coaching staff.”

09/16/2020: We’re hearing that there are still locker room issues???? How?? Like ESPNU called out Diaz in our preview of this season, my guy has been here for 5 yrs now. Is he oblivious to locker room issues? Are these locker room issues w/ players or staff....and in either case, why in 2020 have they not been fixed since he’s been here this entire time? I know the admin, due to cronyism w/ his father, has given him carte blanche to run the program as he sees fit! What the fck is he not seeing, Crib?

We can’t keep hearing “locker room” issues today, 5 yrs into his employment

Advertisement
Back