Christian Williams to Portal

So now BR & CBS r some “random blogs?” Lol.

OK champ, U right. Lol

But everybody wanna give Rumph for “coaching up” players & that’s why he deserves to be here. My point being & stands that’s a false narrative. Ppl wanna bring up Colbert & MJ, and I just highlighted that MJ actually took a step back his Sr yr from his Jr yr and that’s facts, period.

That's not a "fact." That's an opinion, and it's not supported by much of anything.

We had the #1 pass defense in the country.

And internet blogs are not run by NFL scouts.

If Jackson got a 1st or 2nd round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee, I doubt he would've come back.

Advertisement
That's not a "fact." That's an opinion, and it's not supported by much of anything.

We had the #1 pass defense in the country.

And internet blogs are not run by NFL scouts.

If Jackson got a 1st or 2nd round grade from the NFL Advisory Committee, I doubt he would've come back.

Fine; smh. How about this article and notice who gave the draft grade!

I feel like he should at least wait until the season is over. If playing time is his issue then give him some playing time, but only of course if he wouldn't be a significant liability.

Advertisement
LOL stop coming with some bull****.
First I give u a site with quotes from BR & CBS draft projections for MJ after his JR yr; u dismiss that b/c u called the source “bootleg.” Lol

Then I give you a direct site for the Pittsburgh Steelers and their thoughts after MJ’s JR yr; u then said these are blog opinions, u needed to see this from a NFL advisory.

Welllllll, I just gave ur *** a SI article where it quoted NFL Scouts and an NFL Advisory member giving MJ a day 2 grade after his JR yr, which LINES UP WHAT I TOLD YO *** FROM THE ONSET! THAT MJ WAS GIVEN A DRAFT GRADE BETWEEN THE 2ND, NO LATER THAN THE 3RD ROUND AFTER HIS JR YEAR! LMAO!

As I said; before I post chit, I know chit. My whole point was ppl give credit to Rumph for “coaching kids up” and used MJ as an example. MJ took a major step back from Jr yr to his Sr yr. He gave up a completion% of 51, along with 13 first downs, and a TD, giving him a 70.5 cover grade as a Sr. Comparing that to his Jr yr, where QBs had a 19.7 QBR against him!

His draft grade went anywhere from late first to early 3rd as a Jr, to a “mixed bag of talent” that projected him to the 5th or 6th round after his Sr Year (per one NFL scout). Teams liked his size, tackling abilities, and his Jr year tape, but didn’t know if he was a one year wonder after his Sr year.

What ppl like u don’t understand is that “passing defense” is not solely based on the secondary; it’s also based upon pressure applied from the DL.

Go look at him in coverage in 2017, and see why NFL Scouts were salivating over him, and compare that to his coverage in 2018. Matter of fact, go look at our game against GT on 11/10/2018, and go watch how MJ looked lost like Ivey. He went from a ball hawking, sure tackling 6-0+ CB as a Jr, to a trail from behind, lost at times, clean up tackler who didn’t register an int as a Sr.

Rumph is not that great of a coach, period; he’s mediocre. He’s not Paul Williams bad, but let’s stop acting like he’s some DB whisper that “coaches up kids.” His CB unit has underwhelmed both on & off the field steadily since 2016. Again, his best work was 2016 w/ Golden’s players.

Last edited:
“Coach how tf am I still behind Ivey in the depth chart.” “He gives us the best chance to w.....”. “🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️Aight I’m out”
He's left a year of College S&C (with an actual good S&C Coach) and the training table during a freebie year.

It can't be JUST playing time related - or he's just a moron. He'd be better keeping quiet, grinding for a year getting his body in better shape then bailing in December.

Advertisement
The truth is Jackson had size and technique (which is why he got drafted), but subpar athleticism.

And I don't care what "the board" said about Delaney and Dean. Delaney's first game against Toledo told me everything I needed to know. He feasted on inferior competition. He rebounded to have an okay season, but he was not an NFL talent.

You call running 4.45, jumping 40 inches, with a 4.12 shuttle, at 6.1", 210 lbs, subpar athleticism?? FOH

Last edited:
First I give u a sit wit quotes from BR & CBS draft projections for MJ after his JR yr; u dismiss that b/c u called the source “bootleg.” Lol

Then I give you a direct site for the Pittsburgh Steelers and their thoughts after MJ’s JR yr; u then said these are blog opinions, u needed to see this from a NFL advisory.

Welllllll, I just gave ur *** a SI article where it quoted NFL Scouts and an NFL Advisory member giving MJ a day 2 grade after his JR yr, which LINES UP WHAT I TOLD YO *** FROM THE ONSET! THAT MJ WAS GIVEN A DRAFT GRADE BETWEEN THE 2ND, NO LATER THAN THE 3RD ROUND AFTER HIS JR YEAR! LMAO!

As I said; before I post chit, I know chit. My whole point was ppl give credit to Rumph for “coaching kids up” and used MJ as an example. MJ took a major step back from Jr yr to his Sr yr. He gave up a completion% of 51, along with 13 first downs, and a TD, giving him a 70.5 cover grade as a Sr. Comparing that to his Jr yr, where QBs had a 19.7 QBR against him!

His draft grade went anywhere from late first to early 3rd as a Jr, to a “mixed bag of talent” that projected him to the 5th or 6th round after his Sr Year (per one NFL scour). Teams liked his size, tackling abilities, and his Jr year tape, but didn’t know if he was a one year wonder after his Sr year.

What ppl like u don’t understand is that “passing defense” is not solely based on the secondary; it’s also based upon pressure applied from the DL.

Go look at him in coverage in 2017, and see why NFL Scouts were salivating over him, and compare that to his coverage in 2018. Matter of fact, go look at our game against GT on 11/10/2018, and go watch how MJ looked lost like Ivey. He went from a ball hawking, sure tackling 6-0+ CB as a Jr, to a trail from behind, lost at times, clean up tackler who didn’t register an int as a Sr.

Rumph is not that great of a coach, period; he’s mediocre He’s not Paul Williams bad, but let’s stop acting like he’s some DB whisper that “coaches up kids.” His CB unit has underwhelmed both on & off the field steadily since 2016. Again, his best work was 2016 w/ Golden’s players.

Your whole argument was that Rumph somehow ruined Jackson between 2017 and 2018.

So Jackson emerged as a “first round talent,” then regressed under the same coaching? Did he coach himself in ‘16 and ‘17?

The difference between 2017 and 2018 was the INTs, which aren’t entirely indicative of great coverage. A guy could get roasted all day and have two picks fall in his lap.

As for pass rush, we got good pressure in both ‘17 and ‘18.

Jackson was good in both years, but he wasn’t a top talent because he never had the hips and change-of-direction.

That’s why he’s been cut twice in two years.

I’m not even some Rumph fanboy. I have no problem with cutting bait. Striking out at American Heritage including his own godson was an embarrassment.

I just don’t buy that he’s a ****** on-the-field coach. He’s not Nick Saban when it comes to coaching DBs, but I think he’s done a decent job.

But if you’re only coaching corners, you need to be an ace recruiter.

This is the double-edged sword of bringing back beloved Canes.

Last edited:
You call running 4.45, jumping 40 inches, with a 4.12 shuttle, at 6.1", 210 lbs, subpar athleticism?? FOH

Stop.

The most important attribute for a CB is being able to flip your hips.

Jackson never had COD like that.

Should we list all the guys with good combine numbers and good tape that busted in the pros?

He's left a year of College S&C (with an actual good S&C Coach) and the training table during a freebie year.

It can't be JUST playing time related - or he's just a moron. He'd be better keeping quiet, grinding for a year getting his body in better shape then bailing in December.
That's why it seems to me like he's pouting instead of making a reasoned decision.

Advertisement
I love this site, 30 ******* pages of CFB masterminds arguing about CB depth and who's got the biggest sack.

Our depth officially suck now, period, and at the end of the day that on the HC to hold his staff accountable.

Diaz, WHAT WILL YOU DO KNOW, WHEN DEFENSE IS YOUR SPECIALTY?!

Ina year where he doesn’t lose any eligibility, it makes zero sense to transfer out during the season unless you’re really missing mom’s cooking or your have some personal issues. Regardless of playing time, he’s not going to get better sitting at home. He can’t enroll at a new school until next semester. Then you’re talking about missing out on coaching, strength and conditioning, nutrition, all sorts of things he won’t be getting at home. If this is just a “I want more playing time issue” there’s no benefit in entering the portal before the season is over.

I love this site, 30 ******* pages of CFB masterminds arguing about CB depth and who's got the biggest sack.

Our depth officially suck now, period, and at the end of the day that on the HC to hold his staff accountable.

Diaz, WHAT WILL YOU DO KNOW, WHEN DEFENSE IS YOUR SPECIALTY?!
People like you are awesome! Making fun of people posting their opinions on a message board...then posting your own like ok now here are the facts because **** man I know chit. You are so above that. If you were kidding ignore the above.

I for one find 30 pages without a mention of politics or race to be a tad bit refreshing.

Can I be a mastermind too? I am not there but it is tough for kids. Hey kid stick around because we need depth. What you are doing is good for the team. These kids have 4-5 years of football left and then most will never play again. I for one, if I loved playing, would work hard and try to get PT. If at the end of the day wasn’t playing, and regardless of the reason, I am going somewhere I can and have fun. He is in his second year no? From my perspective he didn’t just sign and not play in the first game then complained.

Good luck to him regardless of what he decides and enjoy life.

Advertisement
First I give u a sit wit quotes from BR & CBS draft projections for MJ after his JR yr; u dismiss that b/c u called the source “bootleg.” Lol

His draft grade went anywhere from late first to early 3rd as a Jr, to a “mixed bag of talent” that projected him to the 5th or 6th round after his Sr Year (per one NFL scour). Teams liked his size, tackling abilities, and his Jr year tape, but didn’t know if he was a one year wonder after his Sr year.

Rumph is not that great of a coach, period; he’s mediocre He’s not Paul Williams bad, but let’s stop acting like he’s some DB whisper that “coaches up kids.” His CB unit has underwhelmed both on & off the field steadily since 2016. Again, his best work was 2016 w/ Golden’s players.
**** homie...... you do your homework!!! Keep it coming... FACTS!

Stop.

The most important attribute for a CB is being able to flip your hips.

Jackson never had COD like that.

Should we list all the guys with good combine numbers and good tape that busted in the pros?

First of all you never said hips. You said athleticism. Second of all even if you did, that's just your worthless subjective opinion. How do you verify or measure hips?? When it comes to verifiable athleticism M.Jack was not subpar. Far from that in fact. His measured athleticism was actually closer to the 80th percentile for his entire position group.

Also, there are a variety of factors that contribute to whether or not a player ends up being successful in the NFL. Just like attributing overall pass defense solely to CB play is a misconception. Correlation ≠ Causation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back