Chris Wheatley-Humphrey

Advertisement
Jfc.
This dude is a junior.
Someone please go back and see a lot of highly rated dudes and rb’s that produced in p5 that had similar size.

Sequon Barkley was 5’11 190 when he got to pedo state. I don’t know if he was 190 coming out of his Junior year.

Parish was as lucky to be maybe180 when he got to ole miss.

Kenyan Drake 187 6’ as a senior.

Yes you absolutely want that 200lb dude by the time he’s a senior.
But don’t just brush off these dudes cause they’re 16 years old. Cause you do t know how much weight they can put on.

Also, no fckng way you average 17 ypc in the tri county and run a 4.7.
Some dudes in the nfl rk from this area that didn’t average that much.

Jfc.
This dude is a junior.
Someone please go back and see a lot of highly rated dudes and rb’s that produced in p5 that had similar size.

Sequon Barkley was 5’11 190 when he got to pedo state. I don’t know if he was 190 coming out of his Junior year.

Parish was as lucky to be maybe180 when he got to ole miss.

Kenyan Drake 187 6’ as a senior.

Yes you absolutely want that 200lb dude by the time he’s a senior.
But don’t just brush off these dudes cause they’re 16 years old. Cause you do t know how much weight they can put on.

Also, no fckng way you average 17 ypc in the tri county and run a 4.7.
Some dudes in the nfl rk from this area that didn’t average that much.

The speed doesn't concern me but the size concerns are 100% legit.

Even if CWH gets to 200 that's still super skinny for a 6 ft RB. He'd be a major outlier. He'd need to get to more like 210.

95% of 6-0 RB's at the NFL combine weigh more than 200 lbs.
92% of 5-11 RB's weigh more than 200 lbs.
86% of 5-10 RB's weigh more than 200 lbs.

Trying to predict how much weight CWH can carry goes hand in hand with predicting what position he'll end up at.

Advertisement
The speed doesn't concern me but the size concerns are 100% legit.

Even if CWH gets to 200 that's still super skinny for a 6 ft RB. He'd be a major outlier. He'd need to get to more like 210.

95% of 6-0 RB's at the NFL combine weigh more than 200 lbs.
92% of 5-11 RB's weigh more than 200 lbs.
86% of 5-10 RB's weigh more than 200 lbs.

Trying to predict how much weight CWH can carry goes hand in hand with predicting what position he'll end up at.
The Corn comparison is a good one. CWH played corner at camp and looked great.

I think he will be an offensive weapon that gets the ball in space. Rooster type, more lateral quickness and fluidity.

Rooster had similar size and speed and was able to produce seven 40+ yard plays in the ACC. His offseasons held him back, along with some hip stiffness. CWH is better at making defenders miss without losing speed.

This.

All we heard about him in the beginning of his recruitment was how blazing fast he was; I asked for like 2 months about track times & it was radio silence...

Seems to me he's not really as fast as advertised & that probably brings him down quite a bit because its somewhat of a red flag for a kid with alleged Sub 11 speed to not run track for almost 2 years, especially in South FL HS.

Not saying that he can't improve on his speed as he gains more strength, its just odd to me that the first thing people say about him is how fast he is, yet there's not much evidence to prove it.

Kid would've done himself a huge service had he run track this year.
Something is off then…his tape, he shows blazing speed against legit comp, yet sites keep knocking it off outdated metrics?? Idk. Staff evaluated in person and loved him. Who knows…

Advertisement
this reminds me a bit of Clinton Portis, maybe not in terms of style. But I remember there were questions about his size and speed, but when you got the Canesport recruiting video(yeah, I got those, and still have them, lol) all you saw was him breaking long runs and making plays

Certain guys just have that game speed, that extra gear when the band starts playing

As far as size goes, BMI is actually a pretty important aspect for RBs - especially for projecting durability. A RB just typically isn't going to be durable below say a 28 BMI. But also above like 32 isn't usually very good either. And then as it relate to speed, Speed score is much better than pure 40 time when it comes to RBs.
So, lets even say he's 5'11" 180lbs and really has a 4.55 40 time...

His BMI would be 25.1. Not good.
His Speed Score - (weight*200) / (40-time^4) - Would be 84... This would be pretty bad compared to NFL guys.

Good new is he's only a senior and we actually have like zero trustworthy metrics on him. Staff better really be sold on his athleticism or confident his frame/style and ability will handle the extra weight well.

His goal at ~5'11" needs to be getting to 208lbs and getting his 40 better than 4.52s... ... if he can't gain that much weight, maybe 198lbs and a 4.46s 40...
That would get him to a 100+ speed score.

1689399969464.png

As far as size goes, BMI is actually a pretty important aspect for RBs - especially for projecting durability. A RB just typically isn't going to be durable below say a 28 BMI. But also above like 32 isn't usually very good either. And then as it relate to speed, Speed score is much better than pure 40 time when it comes to RBs.
So, lets even say he's 5'11" 180lbs and really has a 4.55 40 time...

His BMI would be 25.1. Not good.
His Speed Score - (weight*200) / (40-time^4) - Would be 84... This would be pretty bad compared to NFL guys.

Good new is he's only a senior and we actually have like zero trustworthy metrics on him. Staff better really be sold on his athleticism or confident his frame/style and ability will handle the extra weight well.

His goal at ~5'11" needs to be getting to 208lbs and getting his 40 better than 4.52s... ... if he can't gain that much weight, maybe 198lbs and a 4.46s 40...
That would get him to a 100+ speed score.

View attachment 246699
I’m assuming there was one outlier in group five [looking in comparison to group four (95-100)], that jacked the curve. Who was that? MJD?

Advertisement
This kid reminds me a lot of former Akron Buchtel Griffin and Ohio State back, Antonio Pittman both physically and stylistically. Pitt played at a high, productive level in the Big Ten at about 185 lbs. Granted that was over 15 years ago, the game has changed a lot since then, but I think that CWH can definitely be a contributor here. He may not be a 20 carry per contest kind of back, but he has the tools to do work. I ain't buying that 4.7 40 talk either. His films shows elite functional speed. I'll believe my lyin' *** eyes over message board talk of slow track times.

Advertisement
This kid reminds me a lot of former Akron Buchtel Griffin and Ohio State back, Antonio Pittman both physically and stylistically. Pitt played at a high, productive level in the Big Ten at about 185 lbs. Granted that was over 15 years ago, the game has changed a lot since then, but I think that CWH can definitely be a contributor here. He may not be a 20 carry per contest kind of back, but he has the tools to do work. I ain't buying that 4.7 40 talk either. His films shows elite functional speed. I'll believe my lyin' *** eyes over message board talk of slow track times.
Its actually more suited for guys like Pittman and Hellcat. It’s all spread offenses now. With versatile backs.

I’m assuming there was one outlier in group five [looking in comparison to group four (95-100)], that jacked the curve. Who was that? MJD?
Arian Foster. https://ras.football/2019/12/21/arian-foster-ras/ he had a speed score of 94.2
"He's the "1.3%" on the chart -- the only running back with a Speed Score under 100.0 who managed to average a thousand yards a season for five years." (this was as of that graphic for 2015 I believe.

Last edited:
Another thing that’s not being taken into consideration is that the kid won’t be needed for another 2 years. That RB room is loaded with instant impact guys. By the time the kid has filled out and developed, who knows if he’s even playing RB. (CB?). A 6’0 195 CB with his traits works out just as fine. Folks say Corn Elder 2.0? Okay..a taller Corn Elder is a top 60 NFL pick at worst IMO. If Corn was 6’0 with the way he balled out his last year, I would argue he’s a late first round pick. This sounds like a great evaluation under those circumstances. If he stays at RB..isn’t Dawson’s system supposed to bring out the best in this skill set? I’m fine with a “developmental” take at RB when you got Parrish, Allen, Fletcher, Citizen, CJ Jr, and now Riley in your RB room in 2024.

Advertisement
Back