Chris Wheatley-Humphrey commits to Miami

View as article
Every power 5 school wanted Marshal Faulk to play corner back. This included the head coach of his dream school which was the Miami Hurricanes for which he had an official offer to attend.

The only school that promised him he would play running back was SDSU.

View attachment 258932
Favorite player and it saddens me he wanted to come here.

Advertisement
What’s to say couldn’t have been a HOF corner too? Lot of guys could have been one of the best at another position. For every Faulk, there’s a thousand fudes who is kicking themselves for not listening to what everyone told them to play.
I’m a big believer in the actual desire and love for the game.
I’ve met a few professional athletes and contrary to popular belief, a good chunk of them don’t love what they do.
They’ve excelled and worked hard and make a good living. But it’s still a “job” for them and not the dream that they thought it would be. Yes, everything eventually becomes a job. But the best of the best feel like they’re living a dream everyday and handle the “job” and “business” aspect better.

Maybe dudes that have been around pros a lot more than I can corroborate.

As fans we cheer and root and sometimes idolize professional athletes. The one thing that seems to separate the hall of famers from the rest of the bunch isn’t ability, it’s sheer passion for the game. Some love the preparation process.

Ray Lewis said “you pay me for Monday through Saturday. Sundays you get for free”

“I love the process. The preparation. I still eat all of my food with no salt or seasoning. No sugar”
Shannon Sharp

You can see it in the hall of fame speeches. You can see it when they get the call and they start to cry like they were back in pee wee.

I don’t know if Faulk was one of the dudes that loved football even if they told him to play linebacker or kicker.
Some men want to be part of the game so bad that they’ll lock in and work at any position.

But if Erickson walks into your home with that U on and you’ve been dreaming of playing for them but you love your position so much and believe in yourself so much that you turn him down to go sdsu…….. I don’t know if he’s as successful. Again, just my opinion.

what could’ve happened is sometimes just as much of a mystery as what could happen.

There are no absolutes in maybes. There is only certainty of what actually happened.

Nothing like comparing CWH to a hall of fame player because he wants to play RB

I’d remind him how hard it is to get paid in the league (if that’s his ultimate goal) as a RB compared to corners
Not to mention the league is so different now than 25 years ago, especially the way RBs are now valued compared to WRs and CBs.

Advertisement
Nothing like comparing CWH to a hall of fame player because he wants to play RB

I’d remind him how hard it is to get paid in the league (if that’s his ultimate goal) as a RB compared to corners
It’s not a comparison to a hall of famer. It’s a comparison in how wrong multiple people, even the ones at the highest level can be when it comes to a proper evaluation.

It’s not a comparison to a hall of famer. It’s a comparison in how wrong multiple people, even the ones at the highest level can be when it comes to a proper evaluation.
Gotcha… hey if I had a kid who was talented enough to play and he could cover WRs well enough for a D1 scholly I’d be pushing that way more than the human battering ram that is the RB position.

Advertisement
Our RB room is going to be absolutely gross next year:

Parrish
Chaney
Fletcher
CJ
Citizen
Hellcat
Riley

Have to think 1-2 of these guys portal out because that's an absurd amount of talent
Think one or both of Parrish and Chaney are gone next year. CJ is situational as well albeit a major weapon. We don’t know how Citizen will look either. Lastly think Hellcat needs a year or two to see the field as well. Basically we have talent but not as loaded as you think.

Advertisement
Think one or both of Parrish and Chaney are gone next year. CJ is situational as well albeit a major weapon. We don’t know how Citizen will look either. Lastly think Hellcat needs a year or two to see the field as well. Basically we have talent but not as loaded as you think.
Citizen is the best back on the roster if he's fully healed. Big if.

Advertisement
Well in our instance we had interest with him at RB as well. But we were stacked at RB and had no room for him. His measurables didn't help in that either for our style of play. All of that went into why he was a db offer for us.

All the issues with the top rb's in the league not getting paid is what has some of these dudes thinking about career choices. I mean rb's life span is 3 years in the nfl. Whats a Cb ? and Cb's be getting paid too. Also how many cb's do they keep on a roster. Might be easier to make it in the NFL as a db . just my 2 cents.

Well in our instance we had interest with him at RB as well. But we were stacked at RB and had no room for him. His measurables didn't help in that either for our style of play. All of that went into why he was a db offer for us.
He would’ve sat everybody down. But give Erickson credit for his honesty.

Advertisement
Back