Chris Lammons Delays His Decision

I'll be honest..... Do. Not. Want. Kid is overhyped. Incredibly slow for a player his size. Been running 4.7-4.8s this summer. Small and slow is a bad combination. Imo of course.

IIRC he was dealing with an injury at The Opening when he ran his 4.72 40.

At the Miami Nike SPARQ Combine, Lammons ran a 4.62 while Patten/Bethel ran a 4.61.

Lammons doesn't have the corner experience that Bethel has, but he still is a take IMO. He measured in a little taller than Bethel, might be a little slower as far as straight line speed goes, but is quicker than Bethel and maybe a little bit more explosive based off their shuttle and vert numbers.

Lammons is def raw at corner like Dennis Turner, but I have no doubt they both could be developed into productive corners.

Lammons has the length, feet, hips, instincts, etc. to be a great corner. Also it was never bethel or Lammons. Both said in interviews around the same timeframe that the coaches had them #1 on their board for the CB position. So the staff wants both of them. Also for those complaining about Lammons 40 time what about Mayes? He ran a 5.02 at a miami combine. Turner ran a 4.7. 40 times are overrated for cornerbacks. You obviously don't want a slow corner but if you have the feet/quickness & hips you can be successful.

He wanted to commit with Quincy and Lane....I take this as UF telling him his offer is not currently committable... I don't think we're really recruiting him at this point.

Advertisement
I'll be honest..... Do. Not. Want. Kid is overhyped. Incredibly slow for a player his size. Been running 4.7-4.8s this summer. Small and slow is a bad combination. Imo of course.

At the Miami Nike SPARQ Combine, Lammons ran a 4.62 while Patten/Bethel ran a 4.61.

Lammons doesn't have the corner experience that Bethel has, but he still is a take IMO. He measured in a little taller than Bethel, might be a little slower as far as straight line speed goes, but is quicker than Bethel and maybe a little bit more explosive based off their shuttle and vert numbers.

Lammons is def raw at corner like Dennis Turner, but I have no doubt they both could be developed into productive corners.

Lammons has the length, feet, hips, instincts, etc. to be a great corner. Also it was never bethel or Lammons. Both said in interviews around the same timeframe that the coaches had them #1 on their board for the CB position. So the staff wants both of them. Also for those complaining about Lammons 40 time what about Mayes? He ran a 5.02 at a miami combine. Turner ran a 4.7. 40 times are overrated for cornerbacks. You obviously don't want a slow corner but if you have the feet/quickness & hips you can be successful.

He wanted to commit with Quincy and Lane....I take this as UF telling him his offer is not currently committable... I don't think we're really recruiting him at this point.

A kid can't change his mind? He wanted to take all his visits before committing. I highly doubt UF told him his offer was non-committable at this point, don't know where you got that from. The people "in the know" from UF said the staff had Lammons higher on their board than Wilson. Also we are recruiting Lammons. We've been inviting him to come to practice & he is coming to senior day later this month.

A kid can't change his mind? He wanted to take all his visits before committing. I highly doubt UF told him his offer was non-committable at this point, don't know where you got that from. The people "in the know" from UF said the staff had Lammons higher on their board than Wilson. Also we are recruiting Lammons. We've been inviting him to come to practice & he is coming to senior day later this month.

I guess we'll see..

If he commits to us, great you should take an athlete like Lammons in your back yard whenever you can, but if not it's not a big loss.

If that was the case I doubt he'd be visiting this weekend.

Advertisement

How many guys are we expecting this weekend?

How many guys are we expecting this weekend?

I have no idea.

I'm sure we'll hear more as we get closer to the weekend.

Advertisement
Do we really need this guy? We already have 8 CB's on the roster and none of them are graduating this year, plus we have 3 CB commits in this class already.

Advertisement

I wouldnt want any player that runs a 5.02 forty thats not a DT or OL.... forty times maybe overrated but not by that much. Once some of these guys learn proper technique, their forty times will improve.

Do we really need this guy? We already have 8 CB's on the roster and none of them are graduating this year, plus we have 3 CB commits in this class already.

I'm curious to see if golden moves any of them to safety. He's gotta have a couple of these guys in mind for a switch.

[]_[] swag;1550466 said:

I'm curious to see if golden moves any of them to safety. He's gotta have a couple of these guys in mind for a switch.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe he thinks CB are better athletes than S. Put the 4 best DB's on the field no matter what.

Advertisement
The coaches of several high level BCS programs have decided that Lammons is a nice prospect. Good enough for me.

If Goolden and Co. like Lammons get him, we shouldn't be questioning their evals anymore.

I agree, I was just asking the question of how many is to many CB's on the 85 man roster? If everything stays the same, we will have 11 CB's on the roster(3 commits & 8 already on the roster).

If Goolden and Co. like Lammons get him, we shouldn't be questioning their evals anymore.

I agree, I was just asking the question of how many is to many CB's on the 85 man roster? If everything stays the same, we will have 11 CB's on the roster(3 commits & 8 already on the roster).

Eh, besides attrition/position changes etc. Golden talks at length about how you need more and more DBs, and versatile ones at that to combat the air it out offenses we will see in college football for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
Back