Chris Lammons Delays His Decision

Advertisement
The fact he's delaying shows he is nowhere near a lock to go with Wilson and Lane. Also shows that UF didnt leave an impression on him so I love our chance now

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'll be honest..... Do. Not. Want. Kid is overhyped. Incredibly slow for a player his size. Been running 4.7-4.8s this summer. Small and slow is a bad combination. Imo of course.

Advertisement
All I keep hearing is that the kid hasn't run a sub 4.8 all summer. If true, then I'm not sure why we're calling the kid unless those numbers were wrong.

Advertisement
I'll be honest..... Do. Not. Want. Kid is overhyped. Incredibly slow for a player his size. Been running 4.7-4.8s this summer. Small and slow is a bad combination. Imo of course.

IIRC he was dealing with an injury at The Opening when he ran his 4.72 40.

At the Miami Nike SPARQ Combine, Lammons ran a 4.62 while Patten/Bethel ran a 4.61.

Lammons doesn't have the corner experience that Bethel has, but he still is a take IMO. He measured in a little taller than Bethel, might be a little slower as far as straight line speed goes, but is quicker than Bethel and maybe a little bit more explosive based off their shuttle and vert numbers.

Lammons is def raw at corner like Dennis Turner, but I have no doubt they both could be developed into productive corners.

Last edited by a moderator:

IIRC he was dealing with an injury at The Opening when he ran his 4.72 40.

At the Miami Nike SPARQ Combine, Lammons ran a 4.62 while Patten/Bethel ran a 4.61.

Lammons doesn't have the corner experience that Bethel has, but he still is a take IMO. He measured in a little taller than Bethel, might be a little slower as far as straight line speed goes, but is quicker than Bethel and maybe a little bit more explosive based off their shuttle and vert numbers.

Lammons is def raw at corner like Dennis Turner, but I have no doubt they both could be developed into productive corners.

Lammons has the length, feet, hips, instincts, etc. to be a great corner. Also it was never bethel or Lammons. Both said in interviews around the same timeframe that the coaches had them #1 on their board for the CB position. So the staff wants both of them. Also for those complaining about Lammons 40 time what about Mayes? He ran a 5.02 at a miami combine. Turner ran a 4.7. 40 times are overrated for cornerbacks. You obviously don't want a slow corner but if you have the feet/quickness & hips you can be successful.

Advertisement
Back