2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Need I remind people that the poster you are quoting and reacting to also pedalled the false narrative that Mario wasn’t going to be able to hire black assistant and position coaches because of implied racism/distrust/inability to gel with black coaches in the wake of BMac bailing on Miami for UGA…

On Don Jr, his father is a straight shooter and he said himself that he expects Jr to have a record-breaking year. His spirits couldn’t be higher and he couldn’t be more devoted or motivated. I’ll get him on a podcast in the near future so you don’t have to take my word for it though!
That would be awesome

Last year losing him was a huge blow. We just didn’t have the depth

This year we don’t have that one guy that’s emerged just yet, but we’ve got a deeper group that takes the pressure off using guys in ways we shouldn’t have to

Advertisement
Texas will never be back. They have alienated the network they need to even be successful consistently and they’ve showed their colors more than once. “Handlers” in Texas and people like myself do what we can to steer kids who want to stay in the state or nearby away from UT. That money won’t matter forever
Go on….

Texas will never be back. They have alienated the network they need to even be successful consistently and they’ve showed their colors more than once. “Handlers” in Texas and people like myself do what we can to steer kids who want to stay in the state or nearby away from UT. That money won’t matter forever

This is interesting. Can you expand a bit on this? Network represents handlers and local communities in Texas? What have they done to alienate?

I think that some posters are sleeping on Chaney.

He and Rooster are gonna eat this season with Mario and Mirabal coaching up the OL, along with Gattis’ scheme and play calling.

I’m also very high on Citizen’s potential, and think that Parrish and Franklin can also contribute.

The competition should be fierce this fall camp.

Advertisement
This is interesting. Can you expand a bit on this? Network represents handlers and local communities in Texas? What have they done to alienate?
Let me try my best, without being long winded. I’ll give you a story from this last cycle. There was a high ranking wr I could have hand delivered to Texas. The head coach refused to meet the recruit at the location he specified because it was “the hood”. It was the players grandmother home and it meant a lot to him. That same player, jimbo fisher pulled up personally and walked through the trenches and spoke to everyone from the community for. I’m not saying A&M isn’t any less shady when it comes to matters like that but at least they’re willing to play the game, UT also looks down on a lot of legends around my area who are hs coaches when to us it shouldnt be that way. Some of these guys are 6 figure earners who are better at their job than anybody Texas has had in place in years. It’s not a race thing but geez

Let me try my best, without being long winded. I’ll give you a story from this last cycle. There was a high ranking wr I could have hand delivered to Texas. The head coach refused to meet the recruit at the location he specified because it was “the hood”. It was the players grandmother home and it meant a lot to him. That same player, jimbo fisher pulled up personally and walked through the trenches and spoke to everyone from the community for. I’m not saying A&M isn’t any less shady when it comes to matters like that but at least they’re willing to play the game, UT also looks down on a lot of legends around my area who are hs coaches when to us it shouldnt be that way. Some of these guys are 6 figure earners who are better at their job than anybody Texas has had in place in years. It’s not a race thing but geez
Wasn't that the beef with Tom Herman, too? He alienated the in state coaches...

Wasn't that the beef with Tom Herman, too? He alienated the in state coaches...
It’s a on going Texas thing. But it stood out more with him. The current HC wants to fix it but there’s no real push saying that he has to from the people above. Coach strong was boots in the ground so it offended a lot of people if all colors to see him go

Advertisement
Need I remind people that the poster you are quoting and reacting to also pedalled the false narrative that Mario wasn’t going to be able to hire black assistant and position coaches because of implied racism/distrust/inability to gel with black coaches in the wake of BMac bailing on Miami for UGA…

On Don Jr, his father is a straight shooter and he said himself that he expects Jr to have a record-breaking year. His spirits couldn’t be higher and he couldn’t be more devoted or motivated. I’ll get him on a podcast in the near future so you don’t have to take my word for it though!
You are such a strong and powerful role model for me to emulate on both my man and woman days. I love your podcast.

Yeah Dalvin was built like a truck in high school and college. Just takes him a bit longer to get going than James.

But when he does get going….
Rare gifted dudes have that first step gear like Barkley and Cook. Those are those rare backs u hardly see. U can give them the rock 20 times a game

Advertisement
You are such a strong and powerful role model for me to emulate on both my man and woman days. I love your podcast.
award success GIF by Originals

Advertisement
None of our RBs are proven. New staff, fresh slate. I don’t see anyone being pushed out especially in that Unit. But I definitely could see someone seeking the portal. Will be interesting tho
Rooster is definitely proven.
And sometimes we forget, we're just fans.
They (the coaches) work with these kids every day.

We really don't know anything about these kids or what goes on in that building. We don't know their health, their work ethic, their grasp of the playbook, their attitude, etc.

However, I've been told that at least one of these RB's will see the portal, and it could even be both. We'll see.

Advertisement
Back