2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Would be nice if he decided to commit.

On a side note, I can now see why his Pops wants to know how he will be used in college. His frame is very small, a traditional RB role would probably not be a good idea. Need to find creative ways to get him in space and use his speed.

Feels like the biggest deciding factor will be how we end up using Knighton....

it's not rocket science.

how rooster is utilized will be how chris johnson is utilized.
May not be rocket science but some OCs are better at utilizing this type of player than others. Whether thats scheme, creativity or just making it a priority certain schools do a better job than others. For example, if he were deciding between Ole Miss and say Georgia... well one is clearly a better fit than the other. I don't blame his father for wanting to see the offense (and how rooster is used) before he commits. Nothing wrong with that.

how does this kids size compare to Ray Ray and Williams?
He’s taller & has a different physical frame than both.

They’re shorter guys who have more compact football frames, CJ Jr has a tall lengthy frame & more of a sprinters body.

You can add muscle mass on all 3 & improve their overall ability in conjunction with their natural speed & explosion.

But CJ Jr’s natural fluidity as a runner & pure speed is faster than both Nate & Robby, but all 3 are playmakers.

CJ isn’t as much of a pure WR as Nate is, but he’s not necessarily a pure RB either. He’s a Speed-back with WR capability coming out of the backfield & possibly being able to line up in the slot on certain play packages, but you wouldn’t use CJ Jr as a full time bellcow RB or full time Slot-Back WR. He’s a versatile weapon that you can use in multiple ways.

Same with Robby Washington & his ability as a Return Man, although his upside as a WR is high as well.

Advertisement
He’s taller & has a different physical frame than both.

They’re shorter guys who have more compact football frames, CJ Jr has a tall lengthy frame & more of a sprinters body.

You can add muscle mass on all 3 & improve their overall ability in conjunction with their natural speed & explosion.

But CJ Jr’s natural fluidity as a runner & pure speed is faster than both Nate & Robby, but all 3 are playmakers.

CJ isn’t as much of a pure WR as Nate is, but he’s not necessarily a pure RB either. He’s a Speed-back with WR capability coming out of the backfield & possibly being able to line up in the slot on certain play packages, but you wouldn’t use CJ Jr as a full time bellcow RB or full time Slot-Back WR. He’s a versatile weapon that you can use in multiple ways.

Same with Robby Washington & his ability as a Return Man, although his upside as a WR is high as well.
James Cook a good comparison?

James Cook a good comparison?
Actually yeah I think that works with him.

My comp was Mataeo Durant, but James Cook is another good parallel as well.

He might actually be slightly faster than James too in terms of raw speed.

James was more polished as a pure RB in HS than CJ Jr is now though.

Last edited:
I'm a little perplexed by this one. If he's down to 2, how many more trips does he need to take to decide? Is he waiting for another top P5 team to make a run for him, and just keeping the bed warm with Miami and Ole Miss?
Each trip he gets a McDonalds bag

Advertisement
The word has been they are both lazy. I also don’t see Chaney as a factor. He’s had back to back season ending injuries and now he got a couple young studs breathing down his neck.
**** that’s disappointing if true. Always thought Chaney looked a little soft as far as his body.

Advertisement
My first thought when I saw that photo. He may never get to 175lbs. Sweeps, screens, can he return kicks? Speed is elite but he isn’t an every down back but would fit nice in a backfield with Citizen/Thad/Chaney etc.. after a RS year.
Second thought should have been to check his weight.

Attachments

• 887FE560-CBD0-4F98-98C6-C89312C8B64D.jpeg
    887FE560-CBD0-4F98-98C6-C89312C8B64D.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 128
My first thought when I saw that photo. He may never get to 175lbs. Sweeps, screens, can he return kicks? Speed is elite but he isn’t an every down back but would fit nice in a backfield with Citizen/Thad/Chaney etc.. after a RS year.

His legs are tiny. Looks nothing like a running back and I seriously doubt he'll spend much time at that position. Hope we get on one or flip someone that's given a verbal elsewhere.

I see a slot receiver who you put in the backfield sparingly at best. Athlete with those roles you listed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back