2023 Chris Johnson Jr

My comp for CJ Jr:

Why I made the Mataeo Durant comp for CJ Jr was...

Durant rushed for 1,241yds & 9TD’s his Senior year & ran a 4.38 40 at the combine.

He’s was a 3-star coming out of HS who had Elite Speed, but needed development, he wound up rushing for 817yds off just 120 carries at 6.8ypc as a RB 2 his Junior year & then when he became the primary back he exceeded.

He was never a kid that had make you miss in phone booth type agility, just Elite straight line speed who once he found a crease in the open field was a big play explosive homerun hitter.

I see CJ Jr in the same kind of role & situation, his speed is Elite enough that whatever he lacks in the pure technical aspects of being a college RB, he’ll make up for it with uncatchable speed. With development & running behind a great OL in this scheme, he can prove to be a compound weapon, even if he’s not the prototype bruiser style RB that will make every perfect read when hitting the hole or will break every tackle in traffic.

Sometimes just having a fast change of pace guy can be just as effective as having the ideal workhorse back.

I’m LCE & I approve this message 🙌🏽🇺🇸

Last edited:
Advertisement
He reminds me of that fast *** RB UL had a few years back, Hassan Hall. The year that we beat them with Jarren Williams, I commented several times in the game thread how UL was one of the fastest teams I had seen in a long time on offense with that kid, Tutu Atwell, and their other RB Javian Hawkins.

Idk if that kid had verified speed like Johnson does, but he was running by us like we were in cement shoes that game. Not much wiggle when he has the pill and almost looks like he is about to trip over himself sometimes due to running so fast & lack of balance when running but he eats up angles (I specifically remember Hall running up the gut past our LBs and splitting our safeties for about a 50 yard tud towards the end of that game I referred to above) and has subtle moves in the open field that leaves defenders flat footed and then they are cooked because they aren’t catching him. With the hogs we are bringing on the OL along with the big bodies at TE, we will create lanes for this kid and that is all he needs. He isn’t an every down RB by any means, but he is a weapon if you can scheme up a way to get him past the LOS clean and untouched. The pressure he will put on 2nd and 3rd level guys when he breaks through is exactly the type of threat this team needs more of.

Advertisement
Advertisement
When Urban Meyer was hired at Florida, he said he wanted the fastest football team in the country. This feels very similar with Mario and who he is adding to the roster. Players like Washington, Joseph, and Stafford. Not to mention players like Johnson, Williams, Harbor, and Brown.
Yep , he recruited speed. That’s always been his thing , that and finger banging waitresses gootches.

Advertisement
Trending strong here.
the jesus win GIF

Advertisement
When Urban Meyer was hired at Florida, he said he wanted the fastest football team in the country. This feels very similar with Mario and who he is adding to the roster. Players like Washington, Joseph, and Stafford. Not to mention players like Johnson, Williams, Harbor, and Brown.
I remember that.. been screaming we slow afff and was told I was a nope, glad to see the coaches agree and making speed a HEAVY emphasis

Advertisement
Back