Chris Johnson, Jr. senior highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
200w.gif
- @JG13
Did you not read this thread

Advertisement
Mario, Steele and Addae were on our campus yesterday for a routine check-up.
Got a call from Addae saying that they were just swinging by to chop it up/touch base.

The difference between this staff and Manny's (in recruiting) is incredible.

I'm not even a head coach and I've spoken to Addae, Salavea and Steele more in the past 5 months than I spoke to Manny (or anybody on his staff) in 3+ years.
So imagine how well they communicate with people who are actually important. 😂 (the recruits)
You are important to us @Coach Macho :encouragement:

Advertisement
So question. Other folks on here have said Smith and Gattis have only been to AH once or twice and kind of fumbled the Lagway recruitment. Not disputing their experiences or information, but have you heard anything of the type or seen it? The AH part in particular was surprising.
Oh I don't know.
I only speak through my personal experience.🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm sure there's others who haven't had the same experience. I can only speak for myself.

I just know that at least 3 different coaches from UM have hit my cell phone regarding different stuff. I've been coaching down here since 2007-2008 and have never been communicated with by a UM staff like this. Nobody on Manny's staff ever hit me up and asked if I was coming by campus for clinics, camps or various stuff like that. Generally they only communicate with the Head Coaches. I'm just a coordinator. Usually I'm an afterthought. UM even communicates with my DB coach at Dillard. (mainly DVD though)

A lot of this is probably Mario though. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've heard he literally snaps on his coaches if they're not touching base with recruits/coaches. If anybody is slackin' in this regard Mario will probably cut them loose.

Oh I don't know.

I'm sure there's others who haven't had the same experience. I can only speak for myself.

I just know that at least 3 different coaches from UM have hit my cell phone regarding different stuff. I've been coaching down here since 2007-2008 and have never been communicated with by a UM staff like this. Nobody on Manny's staff ever hit me up and asked if I was coming by campus for clinics, camps or various stuff like that. Generally they only communicate with the Head Coaches. I'm just a coordinator. Usually I'm an afterthought. UM even communicates with my DB coach at Dillard. (mainly DVD though)

I've heard he literally snaps on his coaches if they're not touching base with recruits/coaches. If anybody is slackin' in this regard Mario will cut them loose.
Very Butch-like in regards to not touching base.

Oh I don't know.

I've heard he literally snaps on his coaches if they're not touching base with recruits/coaches. If anybody is slackin' in this regard Mario will probably cut them loose.
Appreciate the insight as always. I just would have a hard time believing they are so diligent at one school and then would ignore another, unless there was some underlying reason for it.

Advertisement
Appreciate the insight as always. I just would have a hard time believing they are so diligent at one school and then would ignore another, unless there was some underlying reason for it.
Well maybe Gattis and Smith aren't diligent themselves. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Each individual coach has to do his part, know what I mean?

I know this much, Mario will fix it.

I love how these threads can turn from love, to hate, back to love again for a kid based on where he is leaning. It is like clockwork.
Crootin’ is a bumpy, curvy, and winding road, complete with peaks and/or valleys just around every other turn.

Advertisement
Well Collins A said he felt like Michigan forgot about him once he committed right? Harbaugh probably thinks This is Michigan and I am Harbaugh. Once they commit why would they leave. If the whole staff starts to take on that persona it was probably a huge jolt for Gattis once he saw how Mario expects coaches to handle recruiting. Its clearly a 2nd full time roll for most of these guys.

I dont know how coaches who coach college dont put forth 100% effort. I mean for me it was almost more fun than games(probably because we stunk my first few years). It was an addiction. I loved the process, i loved when a kid would call and commit. I hated when they chose other schools. It drove my wife crazy because I was always calling, texting, out at games. And that was just at little rinky dink D2/D3 baseball schools. I know a lot more *** kissing and NIL's are going into D1 p5 football but again if you are a competitive person you take recruiting personal.

CJ is a utility player IMO, rather than a true RB. He can play some RB, excel at slot WR and return kicks. He's also a receiving threat out of the backfield.
Even if Miami got CJ, I was of the opinion that they STILL needed Fletcher in the class.

Jackson can play CB, Safety and even WR. He's just a freak athlete. He had some injury issues this season so I wasn't able to use him much at CB unfortunately. I feel like he could translate to a very solid Safety at the next level.

CH=Knightons replacement and MF=Thads replacement. Mario make it happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back