Chris Johnson, Jr. senior highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
0CB3AF1A-C125-4788-BB90-F6644CCD6302.jpeg

Advertisement
Securing CJ’s commitment moves the Canes to #7 assuming Oklahoma doesn’t land someone else by Sunday…inching closer to top 5 Class!!

Advertisement
Example 5,422 that these interviews and articles mean nothing
They still willing to take both CJ and Fletcher? I remember you saying something along the lines of MF’s decision dictating their next moves, but admittedly I’m on like three hours of sleep so I could be just pulling crap out of my a$$.

@Coach Macho dont you coach CJ & Jackson? What are your thoughts on them as fits
CJ is a utility player IMO, rather than a true RB. He can play some RB, excel at slot WR and return kicks. He's also a receiving threat out of the backfield.
Even if Miami got CJ, I was of the opinion that they STILL needed Fletcher in the class.

Jackson can play CB, Safety and even WR. He's just a freak athlete. He had some injury issues this season so I wasn't able to use him much at CB unfortunately. I feel like he could translate to a very solid Safety at the next level.

Advertisement
Mario, Steele and Addae were on our campus yesterday for a routine check-up.
Got a call from Addae saying that they were just swinging by to chop it up/touch base.

The difference between this staff and Manny's (in recruiting) is incredible.

I'm not even a head coach and I've spoken to Addae, Salavea and Steele more in the past 5 months than I spoke to Manny (or anybody on his staff) in 3+ years.
So imagine how well they communicate with people who are actually important. 😂 (the recruits)

One Can Dream:

CJ - Swiss Army
Fletcher - Thunder

Then go all out for Baxter until February for complete RB. I know Texas Bags are deep but again...one can dream.

After next year Parrish is gone. That leaves Chaney and Citizen. With a good year Chaney should declare (and I dont mean 1200 yards 15 TD's. I just mean a healthy season where he shows some value). A RB only has so many carries in him and Chaney's clock is already ticking faster due to the injuries. So we'd have a 1 year log jam of guys who all deserve carries but that log jam goes away quick. **** if I was a coach I'd sell freshman on limited carries in year one to help preserve them for year 2 and 3 before they get paid.

Advertisement
Got a call from Addae saying that they were just swinging by to chop it up/touch base.

I'm not even a head coach and I've spoken to Addae, Salavea and Steele more in the past 5 months than I spoke to Manny (or anybody on his staff) in 3+ years.
So imagine how well they communicate with people who are actually important. 😂 (the recruits)

You really do love to see it.

Thanks for the insight, very interesting to hear how the process works with Mario's staff....

Advertisement

So question. Other folks on here have said Smith and Gattis have only been to AH once or twice and kind of fumbled the Lagway recruitment. Not disputing their experiences or information, but have you heard anything of the type or seen it? The AH part in particular was surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back