Chris Caputo

Advertisement
While this is great for him, and great for Coach L's coaching tree, it would suck to lose him.

Advertisement
So, for a fan like me who has very little knowledge of what Caputo brings, is he the type of guy who could take over for Coach L when he decides to hang it up?

Advertisement
So, for a fan like me who has very little knowledge of what Caputo brings, is he the type of guy who could take over for Coach L when he decides to hang it up?

No, he doesn't have any HC experience, and no competent AD would promote from within, especially with the unique challenges this program has to face. This isn't the kind of job where you can learn while doing. Konkol or Huger, if they find success at LA Tech, or BGSU respectively would be far above Caputo on the list. Frankly, I'd love to see Miami go big for the next hire, L had made this job a lot more desirable than what it was when he arrived. Miami isn't a blue blood, but there's no reason why James and Co. can't go out and hire another Buzz Wililams type. Miami is far more marketable than Blacksburg.

No, he doesn't have any HC experience, and no competent AD would promote from within, especially with the unique challenges this program has to face. This isn't the kind of job where you can learn while doing. Konkol or Huger, if they find success at LA Tech, or BGSU respectively would be far above Caputo on the list. Frankly, I'd love to see Miami go big for the next hire, L had made this job a lot more desirable than what it was when he arrived. Miami isn't a blue blood, but there's no reason why James and Co. can't go out and hire another Buzz Wililams type. Miami is far more marketable than Blacksburg.

Coach L is not retiring anytime soon but if he does 5-8 years down the line you better believe that Caputo would be a viable candidate.

Coach L is not retiring anytime soon but if he does 5-8 years down the line you better believe that Caputo would be a viable candidate.

If Caputo hasn't taken a HC job and FOUND SUCCESS, then he shouldn't be a viable candidate. Miami has turned the corner as a program, they shouldn't be relying on career assistants and the like.

Advertisement

A few things:

1. I agree. The future HC needs HC experience and success at this level. See Coach L. Find a guy at a lower program that has had success and accomplished a lot and hire him. It is a no brainer. There is a slight exception to this rule IMO but since it doesn't apply here, no reason to bring it up.

2. I agree with the Konkol or Huger stuff. I don't even think Caputo should be considered, nor anyone, without HC experience. This is the ACC. Find someone proven who can lead here. This is the same thing with football.

3. [In General] I don't agree that James is competent and I don't have faith in him to conduct a proper search. But that isn't the point.

Advertisement

A few things:

1. I agree. The future HC needs HC experience and success at this level. See Coach L. Find a guy at a lower program that has had success and accomplished a lot and hire him. It is a no brainer. There is a slight exception to this rule IMO but since it doesn't apply here, no reason to bring it up.

2. I agree with the Konkol or Huger stuff. I don't even think Caputo should be considered, nor anyone, without HC experience. This is the ACC. Find someone proven who can lead here. This is the same thing with football.

3. [In General] I don't agree that James is competent and I don't have faith in him to conduct a proper search. But that isn't the point.

Ripping on Blake James, I again see... did he do something to you? Feel free to forgive and move on... I know - you will call me names, blah, blah, blah...

A few things:

Ripping on Blake James, I again see... did he do something to you? Feel free to forgive and move on... I know - you will call me names, blah, blah, blah...

The stalker adds nothing to the thread. Another unsolicited response from the Tin Foil Man.

f070a781a4ded902bc5daf3f68736cf9.jpg

Keep chugging Blake's cack you ****. Another thread derailed due to your obsession.

My screen name isn't the name of a Czech hockey player who has had a really long and productive career. That said, Jim Morris still coaching Miami baseball is all you need to know about Blake James. He is reactive, not proactive. If Dabo hadn't did the football equivalent of thermonuclear blast, we may still have...
Golden-Al-1987-1987-Red-Bank-Catholic-School-Yearbook-Coach-Al-Golden-268x394-jpg.jpg

I think we've got L for at least another 4-5 years assuming he stays healthy (god willing). he's basically the same age as Roy Williams and younger than eim and K. All three aren't going anywhere and neither is L. L is really just hitting his stride in recruiting, I doubt he wants to bail out now that things are doing so well (selling out season tix, should be a perenniel tournament team, recruiting at a high level, highly competitive in the ACC). Maybe when he wins as 'ship he'll think about it?

Advertisement
Back