Chris Caputo

I think we've got L for at least another 4-5 years assuming he stays healthy (god willing). he's basically the same age as Roy Williams and younger than eim and K. All three aren't going anywhere and neither is L. L is really just hitting his stride in recruiting, I doubt he wants to bail out now that things are doing so well (selling out season tix, should be a perenniel tournament team, recruiting at a high level, highly competitive in the ACC). Maybe when he wins as 'ship he'll think about it?

In an article in the Sun-Sentinel today he said he's coaching at least until 2022 when his contract expires, and he's telling high school sophomores that he'll be their coach for their entire careers. He even said any talk of him not being here is "Fake News."

Advertisement
I think we've got L for at least another 4-5 years assuming he stays healthy (god willing). he's basically the same age as Roy Williams and younger than eim and K. All three aren't going anywhere and neither is L. L is really just hitting his stride in recruiting, I doubt he wants to bail out now that things are doing so well (selling out season tix, should be a perenniel tournament team, recruiting at a high level, highly competitive in the ACC). Maybe when he wins as 'ship he'll think about it?

In an article in the Sun-Sentinel today he said he's coaching at least until 2022 when his contract expires, and he's telling high school sophomores that he'll be their coach for their entire careers. He even said any talk of him not being here is "Fake News."

If Jim Gheyheim, Coach Ghey, Leonard Hamilton and Jimmy Larranaga walk into a bar......Larranaga is the one that gets carded.....because he's younger than all of those guys. He's a spry 67 years young. I bet he goes until he's 75. We then replace him with Jay Larranaga after he realizes that most NBA head coaching jobs kinda suck.

If Jim Gheyheim, Coach Ghey, Leonard Hamilton and Jimmy Larranaga walk into a bar......Larranaga is the one that gets carded.....because he's younger than all of those guys. He's a spry 67 years young. I bet he goes until he's 75. We then replace him with Jay Larranaga after he realizes that most NBA head coaching jobs kinda suck.

I could deal with that
BTW, I totally expected Caputo to get a HC gig this off season, maybe he's setting his sights too high? May need to go more lower mid-major like Konkol and Huger did first.

Huger isn't exactly lighting it up at Bowling Green. Could see him back on staff in a couple of years.

I could deal with that
BTW, I totally expected Caputo to get a HC gig this off season, maybe he's setting his sights too high? May need to go more lower mid-major like Konkol and Huger did first.

Me too. I think he's set up well though because I bet we have a monster year next year and he gets a decent offer based off of that buzz.

Advertisement
Maybe Caputo doesnt want to leave for a LA Tech or Bowling Green type gig and is happy staying at Miami, How much do you think he makes? $250-$300? He is only 36 years old BTW.

Advertisement
Back