Choose a Website Template

If you had to choose a website template for Canesinsight, which would you choose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we made a poll like that when we first adopted the "old" format, it would be the same. This happens every time in my experience.

I thought the first update we rolled out had some weaknesses, but with the tweaks it has gotten to a much better place IMO.
It’s not readable on the mobile man.

Advertisement
The desktop seems to be growing on many, albeit like a cancer, but the mobile is cheeks brother. It ******* hurts to look at it. I have 3 kids so I understand the idea of ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away. But in this case I don't think that's the right approach. IDK if its cost-prohibitive to make the old options available, but whatever the reason may be I think many of us would like to hear it. We'll probably **** and moan but we'd appreciate some transparency, or at least a reach-around.

Go Canes.
I'll look into the mobile issues. I mostly use mobile and I've gotten used to it, but I'll dig into it to see if there is anything we can tweak.

The desktop seems to be growing on many, albeit like a cancer, but the mobile is cheeks brother. It ******* hurts to look at it. I have 3 kids so I understand the idea of ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away. But in this case I don't think that's the right approach. IDK if its cost-prohibitive to make the old options available, but whatever the reason may be I think many of us would like to hear it. We'll probably **** and moan but we'd appreciate some transparency, or at least a reach-around.

Go Canes.
The problem is, we're not getting a legit reason for is. It's ******* up the site? Cool, say that. It somehow cost more? Cool, say that. It can all be so simple.

I'll look into the mobile issues. I mostly use mobile and I've gotten used to it, but I'll dig into it to see if there is anything we can tweak.
I will go easy on you in the memes and gifs to come, thx brother.

For me I feel like the contrast between the orange and dark is too much, that orange really pops (its a good looking color). I know Andrew said its the same color, but it doesn't bother me on the desktop version. IDK, just some feedback.

Like I have said a few times. I am looking to get feedback for those not using the newer styles. A vast majority of users use the new styles. I can't consider turning back on the old styles until enough feedback has been received. The colors in the light style match or are darker then light old. The only exception is the navigation menu and the elimination of the gray header above posts in mobile.
My life is spinning out of control since the change. It was the gateway to a series of bad decisions that may possibly end up doing damage to my work, my personal relationship, and maybe even our Miami hurricanes.

Advertisement
Dammit!! It's 11 ppl now.... Welp, we're never getting our old bae back. Sorry fellas.

My life is spinning out of control since the change. It was the gateway to a series of bad decisions that may possibly end up doing damage to my work, my personal relationship, and maybe even our Miami hurricanes.
government americans GIF

Stolen from @BS85

The problem is, we're not getting a legit reason for is. It's ******* up the site? Cool, say that. It somehow cost more? Cool, say that. It can all be so simple.
This, a Ruiz billion times over. Stop gaslighting.

If you spent money on it (new layouts) and want to keep it like this, cool. If it hurts monetezation to keep the old, cool. Just want to swing the big **** and says it my site I like it this way, cool.

GIF by moodman

This, a Ruiz billion times over. Stop gaslighting.

If you spent money on it (new layouts) and want to keep it like this, cool. If it hurts monetezation to keep the old, cool. Just want to swing the big **** and says it my site I like it this way, cool.

GIF by moodman
Exactly man lol. But hey, it's their site ... We're just the little guys 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
I mainly access the site just using mobile and both the light and dark version are unreadable while giving me a headache. The light version made me think I had died and the bright light was calling me to CIS heaven. On a positive note I anticipate a huge increase in my productivity and family engagement.

Advertisement
Change is inevitable, I can adapt but this just seems silly. Its literally 10-1 for the old style. Why force something down your customers throats that they don't want? And even worse to die on that hill and take a stance of "your opinions are actually wrong, we know whats best for you" attitude...

Yeah Im out

Advertisement
I've been around since the beginning, and I can't remember anybody liking any changes at first (including the "old" layout).

We've made some tweaks already and can make more but I'm personally comfortable with the new layout.
My question is why the change? Was it a technical issue? Was it a monetary issue? Were you getting complaints about the old format?

Change for the sake of change can be counterproductive in many instances.

Like the old saying goes “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Like I have said a few times. I am looking to get feedback for those not using the newer styles. A vast majority of users use the new styles. I can't consider turning back on the old styles until enough feedback has been received. The colors in the light style match or are darker then light old. The only exception is the navigation menu and the elimination of the gray header above posts in mobile.
#watchthefinish #F5

Jokes aside The new setup is a deterrent for me. Whatever the element is about it that I dislike, it’s strong. The older format feels more intuitive. My feedback, on record, thumbs down to the new style.

All jokes aside this new **** has frustrated me a lot more than a tweak on a football message board should. At this point I’m somewhat used to this new crap so f it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back