Choc and Shaq putting in some work

I think this his last year of eligibility. Dude ain’t goin nowhere. Seems like he loves being a Cane and accepts his role. FB the right move for him.
I expect Choc to flourish in this role. He looks like he put on good weight, and power never has been a problem for him.

I hope we get plenty of short yardage opportunities this season.

Advertisement
Only on here can 2 UM players working their asses off in the weight room turn into a 90% pvssy *** bytch fest shredding one guy, trashing the weight room and ****ing on 500 pound squats.

Advertisement
It truly baffles me how anyone, especially anyone who calls themselves a Canes fan, can hate on Choc. Kid did a complete 180 with the direction he was heading academically, never been in trouble or caused a problem for the program, has been a great teammate which was confirmed by apfenny3, and has a degree in 4 years when the average is 6 years. You need stars, but you also need kids like Choc who set the right example.

I'm sure he would've like to have made more plays too, but sometimes is just isn't meant to be.

Advertisement
Thumbs up to Choc...for getting his degree and being a wonderful teammate...kudos ole chap.

Not to be a **** cause I'm sure a lot of u didn't play football growing up or weight lifted heavy but 500 isn't that much for a squat. Especially for guys who weigh 240 pounds. It's good but I'm sure they can max more then that and the reps are all that matter.

It's a good number for a guy who's an ATHLETE, not just a lifter.
Plenty of LB's/RB's at D3 schools can squat 500+ pounds but they're 5'9", have ankles like telephone poles, run 5.2 forties and can't move laterally.
Most D1 LB's/RB's aren't squatting 500lbs.

This isn't the 90's where all the emphasis was being put on brute strength.

Would love to see Trayone go out with a bang this year...gotta be mismatches that Richt can exploit with as big & athletic as He is.
If he has learned how to hang on to the football he could carve out a Quatrine Hill type role. He just needs to hold off Uncle Realous.

Advertisement
It's a good number for a guy who's an ATHLETE, not just a lifter.
Plenty of LB's/RB's at D3 schools can squat 500+ pounds but they're 5'9", have ankles like telephone poles, run 5.2 forties and can't move laterally.
Most D1 LB's/RB's aren't squatting 500lbs.

This isn't the 90's where all the emphasis was being put on brute strength.
Prototypical 1989 Big 10 all conference type numbers right there.

You can’t control everything but you can always control your attitude and work ethic

That's great. Not every guy can be an AA starter. Sometimes - I know it's an unpopular opinion on here - you have to recruit for depth and backups in addition to guys with sure fire can't **** projections.

The thing about Choc that I have never understood - if he has such a great work ethic and is a great teammate, why doesn't he even get on the field with STs coverage units? If he has, my bad, but I don't recall ever seeing him on KOR or PR coverage units - he would excel at that. Or heck, maybe even the lead blocker on KO return unit.

Advertisement
Hope that Gray can win the FB job or contribute in some way so that his 5 years here aren't a waste.

He got his degree, that’s not a waste.

There are some guys that have great measurables, but who don’t translate to the field in college. It could be a number of factors, stiffness, lack of vision, or flexibility, or fluidity, unable to adjust to the speed, or a slightly lower level of athletic skill and coordination than others. Or a combination thereof. It’s not a knock on him.

Love choc and hope he shows out, but if he doesn’t, based on his background and where he was, he’s accomplished a lot!

Richt has to find something for Gray to do in our offense. There has to be a role for an athlete like him. If he can work on his hands there is no reason he cant be a QHill/NDavenport type back for us.

And on top of that, I wouldn't bet against him coming out of nowhere like Najeh did and carving out a nice little NFL career for himself.

Advertisement
Back