Chigozi Nnoruka commits

With all due respect, nah.

Martin aint never contributed and wont. Miller aint yet and who knows. The rest are HS kids who you hope to see on the field in August.

We’re 3 deep as far as kids who know. Bodies and names dont equal talent, and we aint competing with clemson based on 3* Hs true frosh kids.
I’m getting technical here. Martin will probably be gone before the Florida game.

Advertisement

Martin aint never contributed and wont. Miller aint yet and who knows. The rest are HS kids who you hope to see on the field in August.

We’re 3 deep as far as kids who know. Bodies and names dont equal talent, and we aint competing with clemson based on 3* Hs true frosh kids.

Preach.
It’s good that for once our best true freshmen DT won’t have to be thrown into the fire prematurely. Hopefully our top 4-5 can carry us in Bethel, Nesta, Chigozie, Ford and Miller (assuming he’s the 5th?)

Would be nice if we could actually shirt talented kids like a Blisett, Holley, and hopefully Hunte for once. That is how good depth is created. But yes, agree 1000% with everything you posted bruh.

Preach.
It’s good that for once our best true freshmen DT won’t have to be thrown into the fire prematurely. Hopefully our top 4-5 can carry us in Bethel, Nesta, Chigozie, Ford and Miller (assuming he’s the 5th?)

Would be nice if we could actually shirt talented kids like a Blisett, Holley, and hopefully Hunte for once. That is how good depth is created. But yes, agree 1000% with everything you posted bruh.
We have three returning DTs (ignoring Martin, who will be gone anyhow), and two aint distinguished themselves as all that promising. We desperately need a fourth guy who is good. If our frosh DTs don’t play early, it’s because they ain’t Nesta. It’s an important point. If Nesta was coming onto this team this year, he’d be getting talked about for starter minutes. Figure that into your scoring for incoming guys.

Advertisement
I'm not going to lie. That 2020 DT two-deep needs A LOT of work. ... But let's just soak it all up that we are looking stacked across the board on defense for 2019. This is a huge huge get. Better than Odenigbo and I liked that dude (other than the Va Tech penalty). Manny is expecting to win big immediately, no rebuild here.
This IS the rebuild, right now... love it!
We will probably get 2-3 more Portal Kings to add to the mix, and we will be ready for Spring Ball, Summer workouts, the Gayturds...

Let's Gooooooo!

Advertisement
I'm not going to lie. That 2020 DT two-deep needs A LOT of work. ... But let's just soak it all up that we are looking stacked across the board on defense for 2019. This is a huge huge get. Better than Odenigbo and I liked that dude (other than the Va Tech penalty). Manny is expecting to win big immediately, no rebuild here.

Guessing we'll be in the portal next December/January as well. That's going to be the way of the world for the next 1-2 years as Manny undoes the recruiting failures of the last coach.

Advertisement
when will he be on campus?

I don't think it will be this semester as I'm pretty sure today is the last day to register for classes. So, my guess is sometime in May. Not necessarily ideal but the kid is a vet in a money year so you know he's going to come in hungry.

Too be fair, Miller was viewed as a project and was in his RS year. But you're 100% right on Martin. I'm surprised he hasn't transferred yet.

Advertisement
We have three returning DTs (ignoring Martin, who will be gone anyhow), and two aint distinguished themselves as all that promising. We desperately need a fourth guy who is good. If our frosh DTs don’t play early, it’s because they ain’t Nesta. It’s an important point. If Nesta was coming onto this team this year, he’d be getting talked about for starter minutes. Figure that into your scoring for incoming guys.

Team's that are forced to rely on true freshmen at DT with meaningful snaps are in for a rude awakening.

Too be fair, Miller was viewed as a project and was in his RS year. But you're 100% right on Martin. I'm surprised he hasn't transferred yet.
But that’s my point. A guy who was a project, who ain’t showed anything yet, ain’t a guy you want to be counting on for your DL. If he shows up, great. But we don’t know enough to expect that.

Advertisement
Back