Chigozi Nnoruka commits

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does landing Nnoruka hurt our chances with Jared Harrison-Hunte? If we could land him along side of Blissett, Holey, and Munoz. I feel like we would be pretty set for the future with Miller and Silvera. This would give us 6 underclassmen to build around.

Does landing Nnoruka hurt our chances with Jared Harrison-Hunte? If we could land him along side of Blissett, Holey, and Munoz. I feel like we would be pretty set for the future with Miller and Silvera. This would give us 6 underclassmen to build around.

It shouldn’t as Chigozie is a 1 year rental.

Very serious question. I'm sure he's a nice kid, but has anyone ever seen him? Any chance to get in the rotation?

LOL @ has anyone ever seen him. Bringing up images of the infamous Derozier kid. Back to your point, I doubt that he ever sees any meaningful PT, but that UM degree is important. When he graduates, I expect him to leave. Not before then imo.

Towards our DT numbers. It was a sarcastic remark as I don't see Martin getting any playing time. I agree the portal is the best option for the young man if he indeed wants to continue to pursue football. I do think it would be smart for him to graduate from Miami however.
Towards our DT numbers. It was a sarcastic remark as I don't see Martin getting any playing time. I agree the portal is the best option for the young man if he indeed wants to continue to pursue football. I do think it would be smart for him to graduate from Miami however.

Football vs education--If I was him I'd take the education.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ironically in some of the articles written before the season all their guys were quoted as being excited to play in this supposedly more attacking style defense. Fast forward to the end of the season and they ranked at or near the bottom in every major defensive category. And this kid ends up on the bench along with Phillips and I don’t know who else.

Last edited:
But that’s my point. A guy who was a project, who ain’t showed anything yet, ain’t a guy you want to be counting on for your DL. If he shows up, great. But we don’t know enough to expect that.

Yeah, guys like that typically start showing out by their 3rd year. I don't expect to hear from Miller until then.

The only star true freshmen DTs I’ve seen recently are dexter Lawrence and Ed Oliver. You can make an impact. But being a star at that position is hard

Yeah those guys are outliers. For every Dexter Lawrence, there's hundreds of DTs that typically don't make an impact year 1.

Advertisement
Back