Chickillo: "At Miami they asked me

our scheme sucks but physically our players look better especially compared to shannon. duke, flowers, armbrister, doresett, tracy, pierre, antonio crawford, etc all look faster and stronger than when they arrived.

Shannon didn't do nearly enough to push his players into the weight room. Some guys -- Glenn Cook comes immediately to mind -- were just flat-out scrawny. I think in general it's true that Golden's regime is doing a better job on S&C.

In the defensive front seven, though, there is a mismatch between the bodies he's recruiting and the bodies he wants to see on the field. And as he tries to get them "big enough," I don't think there's enough emphasis on quality weight.

Advertisement
jehtro was there like a year, they had coaching before and after him however u have a point i try to tell people. its goldens def not coach d's

Jethro had two stints with usc. He left the first time to go to the nfl. When he left the packers pete carroll brought him back.

The year before he got back they were no where near top 15. Not saying he is a elite coach but he might be better than what we have seen in this scheme.

And this is golden and d'onofrio defense they learned it from al groh at uva. Golden was the dc and d'onofrio was Lb coach.

They ruined Chick, that was too evident. The scheme is trash, let's make a pass rushing DE into a bloated DE, and teach him the art of engaging. That's what they do with talent mismanage it. I'm just hoping they don't ruin Chad.

Is their any coincidence that all of our 5 and 4 star D Linemen have struggled?

Grimble
Hamilton
Chick
MCcord
Chad
Harris
AQM

in regards to chick, even though he was MVP of under armor game, he was not a great athlete. he is not jj watt. he has no explosiveness.

now, if you say Tyriq McCord or AQM didnt develop like they should, thats different. those kids are elite athletes for their size.

A 5* recruit, who everyone in the nation wanted, had no explosiveness. Interesting.

You are a joke.

Advertisement
I'm really interested to see what the NFL does with Chickillo. It will be really telling if he slims down and plays a more upfield position.

in regards to chick, even though he was MVP of under armor game, he was not a great athlete. he is not jj watt. he has no explosiveness.

now, if you say Tyriq McCord or AQM didnt develop like they should, thats different. those kids are elite athletes for their size.

A 5* recruit, who everyone in the nation wanted, had no explosiveness. Interesting.

You are a joke.
And he compares them to guys who were around 220lbs.

You are a joke.

im a joke. yeah, my buddy who played under butch and coker told me when we first signed chick. "Dont get too excited, if his name wasnt chickillo, he wouldnt be a 5 star. he is limited."

Olsen Pierre was an undersized de, prep school nobody with only a temple offer and he is going to the NFL as a DT.

These kids have bad technique too. in chick's case whenever he beats an OL, he can never get to the QB.

i am not defending this staff but AQM was a much more elite recruit imo. Mccord is out of position. If AQM or Chad can't rack up sacks, thats on the staff. i just never saw Chick as a superstar. he is a role player, a lunch pale guy.

Advertisement
Chickillo will be a single gap 3-4 DE like Calais Campbell, or a 4-3 5 technique DE like Michael Bennett of the Seahawks. He will never, EVER be asked to 2 gap in that league.

i am not defending this staff but AQM was a much more elite recruit imo. Mccord is out of position. If AQM or Chad can't rack up sacks, thats on the staff. i just never saw Chick as a superstar. he is a role player, a lunch pale guy.

Why because he's white? Kid was a phenomenal player, from a phenomenal stock, with a phenomenal attitude, who showed a ton of explosion as a high school player and freshman. He was then asked to add size and 2-gap.

It will be interested to see how Chick does on the next level. My prediction is he will be much more productive and better utilized.

I agree with you Consig...
Fact is that the style he was asked to play is employed by a LOT of NFL teams. Setting the edge is so important and it's a basic skill needed for an NFL life. Did this trash staff use him the best way for Miami success? No...and that sucks because we could have all really enjoyed CHick a lot more than we did.
However, let's reserve final judgement until we see how he translates to the NFL game.

I'm a Bears fan and I just lived thru getting run on like *****es for 2-3 years mainly because players lacked the coaching or ability to set a god**** edge and make a god**** tackle!

If Chick goes to a team like the Steelers..watch him flourish!

white? dude my fav cane of all time is probably kevin patrick. Make an argument to me that he is on the level of patrick, darren Krein, and i will listen. i never said he was a scrub but you guys act like he is suppose to be an first team all american. imo i never saw that in him. I COULD BE WRONG.

Advertisement

even though he was much more effective of making plays behind the LOS then AQM was as a freshmen? the problem is, when most people think of chick, they think of the current morbidly obese chick. Some insiders projected Chickillo to be an OLB in a 3-4 so he must of had some kind of burst

You are a joke.

im a joke. yeah, my buddy who played under butch and coker told me when we first signed chick. "Dont get too excited, if his name wasnt chickillo, he wouldnt be a 5 star. he is limited."

Olsen Pierre was an undersized de, prep school nobody with only a temple offer and he is going to the NFL as a DT.

These kids have bad technique too. in chick's case whenever he beats an OL, he can never get to the QB.

Chick was never a 4.5 guy off the edge but lets not act like the kid had no explosiveness. He came in to Miami with a solide 8-12 sack a year potential. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he slims down and has a Greg Ellis type career.

Fatty aint gonna make it in the NFL unless he puts down the Krispy Kreme and cheeseburgers. Sorry...

Advertisement
This kid was a beast in HS off the edge. Let's be real here. Dopey fans assume because he's white (and because fckmouth Folden gave him Prader Willi Syndrome and turned him into a pattycake playing stump) there's no way he could have been an edge rusher.

When he first got here before the Prader Willi set in I think he had 4 sacks as a true freshmans. How many did he get the next 3 years? He did very well when we were running more traditional 4-3 fronts. Then, he did very well doing what they asked him to do his final 3 years--bloat up and play pattycake.

Folden is like a French duck farmer the way he tries to bloat these guys up and turn their livers into a chunk of fatty foie gras.

Keep an eye on Denzel now that he's out of Folden's sick grasp. Watch him drop 20 pounds and increase his twitch and flexibility for the combine.

I've never been sold on that.

This kid was a beast in HS off the edge. Let's be real here. Dopey fans assume because he's white (and because fckmouth Folden gave him Prader Willi Syndrome and turned him into a pattycake playing stump) there's no way he could have been an edge rusher.

When he first got here before the Prader Willi set in I think he had 4 sacks as a true freshmans. How many did he get the next 3 years? He did very well when we were running more traditional 4-3 fronts. Then, he did very well doing what they asked him to do his final 3 years--bloat up and play pattycake.

Folden is like a French duck farmer the way he tries to bloat these guys up and turn their livers into a chunk of fatty foie gras.

Keep an eye on Denzel now that he's out of Folden's sick grasp. Watch him drop 20 pounds and increase his twitch and flexibility for the combine.

Exactly. Denzel is really good, but he's definitely carrying more weight than ideal for a guy his size. But the coaches said a linebacker should be 240+, regardless of the fact that he's only six feet tall. He drops 15 or 20, it'll ALL be fat. And he'll be cut like a bodybuilder, and play much faster.

Chickillo looks like a guy who's always in the middle of a bulking cycle at the gym. He's putting on lean mass, but that's probably only accounting for about half his gains. He COULD grow into his current size with legitimate lean mass (it would take a while), but right now, he's clearly bloated all to **** -- lot of water weight, lot of fat.

I shudder to think what's going to happen to Jermaine Grace.

i am pretty sure he does not have 15-20 pounds of fat to cut.

A couple NFL scouts said they worried about Denzel in space because he put on too much weight this season.

Folden Tough: The Quest For Die-beetus

The kid wasn't going to be better than Clowney like some thought because he looked better during the under armour game, but I think we asked him to put on too much weight and made him even slower.

I don't think there was one single sane person who thought Chick's potential >= Clowney. People were saying he could be drafted out of HS nobody was saying that about Chick.

Advertisement
Back