Chick to Folden, Golden Girls: "Fvck You"

lol if you think chick was misues

the guy will do nothing in a 4-3 at de..hes so slow...

please explain how he was miseued. if anything, he got chick ready to play the postion he will be playing in the NFL

Well, NEWJERSEYCaneFan, your buddies from NEW JERSEY done fcuked the program up beyond belief, and then they siht up the players that came to UM and mistakenly bought into JERSEY Golden's boulschitt.

He was fast when he got to UM, but Golden bulked him up to make him slow. Golden's fault.

Misused? Everyone on the team was misused.

Where were you the past four years?

Advertisement
Slow? He didn't look slow in that shrine game when he lost the weight he was forced to put on and got to play in a 4-3. Dude was out ther killing it like he should have been every week for Miami.

This is a very interesting thread because we got a chance to see Chick perform in a different system at a different weight (albeit an All-Star game). I think with his great performance in this game, using his talking points to the NFL scouts that he was misused at the U, and a strong combine, he might slip into the 3rd round. Even if he was used to his strengths at the U, I am not sure he would ever see a round 1 or round 2 NFL draft grade. I am also curious to see what weight he is at when he goes to the combine. This will kind of give us an idea of what weight he wants to be at and not what Doritos wanted him at. But if this game is any indicator, he hated being that heavy and sacrificed his own goals and accolades for the team.

I don't like looking to much into All-Star games, but I hope a message will get hammered into our staff/admin/etc that our system is seriously ******* retarded. We have athletes that just need to be put in a position to succeed, and not in some bull**** that no one understands or can perform to their strengths in.

Last edited:
The best 4-3 DEs play at around 270, the scheme might be wrong, but if he wants to be an impact player at the combine/draft he's going to have to stay around that size.

Al Golden is the worst coach ever!!

....yet Chick's issue is with the trashy fans, not Golden. Meanwhile, the "fans" try to pretend they have Chick's, and the other players', best interest at heart as they trash everything in site.

Advertisement

....yet Chick's issue is with the trashy fans, not Golden. Meanwhile, the "fans" try to pretend they have Chick's, and the other players', best interest at heart as they trash everything in site.
You're one of the ***gots that blamed the players. His issue is with golden and some fans like you that defended and continue to defend golden at the expense of the players.

**** you and anyone that puts golden above the players or the program.

You're one of the ***gots that blamed the players. His issue is with golden and some fans like you that defended and continue to defend golden at the expense of the players.

I was going to quote this post saying "and dk72 gives a thumbs down to this post in 3...2...1...," and lo and behold, it happened after I hit refresh. Funny how that thumbsdown VoterTroll is only on when dk72 is posting.

Advertisement
NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites agoraHá 1 minuto
Spoke to Scout about Anthony Chickillo. Mentioned Golden would take Chick off field 3rd Down in 2013. Wasn't just scheme. also utilization
https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/557017814817865729

He was taken off on 3rd down and replaced by someone faster.

By the start of the 2013 season he was 285 pounds. Way too much for him.

Plus, asked to waltz with te opposit OL... SMH.

I always posted the same thing in all Chick threads: He will lose weight, play in a 4-3 and will succeed in NFL.

**** this scheme and these coRches!!

Chick is talking **** about some fans, idiots like dk72 thinks its the ones being negative about Golden and the program that he is talking about, not the ones who continue to support Golden & Co. and called Chick a 'jag' during his career here.

I was going to quote this post saying "and dk72 gives a thumbs down to this post in 3...2...1...," and lo and behold, it happened after I hit refresh. Funny how that thumbsdown VoterTroll is only on when dk72 is posting.

Sorry you don't like facts. Deal with it. The players are allowed to, and in fact often have, different views than you do and you don't get to speak for them. Multiple players and recruits have made negative comments about the fans.

Advertisement

Sting you need to put that troll on ignore.

This message is hidden because ****72 is on your ignore list.

We're talking 5th grade grammar here, not college level. It's pathetic, and it shows the problem with so called college athletics. They are majoring in football, nothing more. It's a joke, and as far as I'm concerned "college" football should be done away with, and a minor league system put into place, because let's face it, NONE of these kids are getting an education that is worth the paper it's printed on. Right now you have lots of people getting filthy rich off of these kids, and it has NOTHING to do with education, which is what college is about.

I'm sick of seeing kids pushed through and graduating while not getting an education. I don't want ANYONE to come here and brag about our graduation rates. A freaking retarded ape could get a degree from UM if they play football. Same goes for any other college. I believe "amateur" athletics is a joke for this reason. These kids should have the right to go pro, not make millions of dollars for their "college".

As for the people thinking I'm covering for Golden, did you miss the part where I said I think he should be fired? God, we have some real Einsteins in our fan base.
How can anyone go through college and not grasp the proper use to "to" and "they're"?

Yes, Golden needs to be fired. Someone also needs to teach these kids the difference between to, too, two, and there, they're, and their.

B/C not one kid on any big time team is there for school. Pretending they are is retarded.

Here's one of dk's porsts from earlier this season.

Howard's problems are his and his alone. There's a reason that Corn Elder, shorter and less highly recruited, is taking up a lot of Howard's playing time. Elder tackles 100 times better than Howard, who can't seem to hit a stationary object in space when trying to tackle.

You're a true scumbag and an individual that refers to fans as "trashy" for what you perceive as throwing them under the bus, when this is all you have done to protect the head coRch in charge.

You refer to fans are simpletons, trash 18-year-old kids, but do just about anything to protect a Head Coach and Administration that has killed this program.

But please, tell us all again how we're going to open the season and curb stomp Louisville, and go 12-0 in 2014 on the road to a Golden Title.

As usual, you're dead wrong.

Advertisement
Chickillo was and always will be a sde in the 4-3. the 3-4 will never work in Miami and anyone with half a football brain knows that we could never run a successful 3-4 whether it's a one or two gap system. Chickillo went from outperforming clowney with an insane Burst in the ua game to becoming an afterthought.

And why is that? And let's keep this to a football discussion. BTW, Clowney's athleticism coming out of high school was in another hemisphere. Clowney played at South Carolina at 6'6" and 275 pounds and look what he did at the combine.

Ed Stinson came out of Dade County and was 235 pounds. He got to Alabama and played SDE in the 3-4 at about 290 pounds.

Chickillo was a good player at Miami and did what he was asked to do. He started all 4 years and gave it his best. He'll be a solid NFL player for quite a few years and I'd suspect he'll play SDE in the 3-4 at the next level. Maybe a backup d end in a 4-3. I've said this from day 1, he would have been a better version of Matt Walters as a 3-technique tackle in the 4-3 at the college level.

Here is the NFL scouting report for Chick:

Strengths:

Moves around the defensive line and plays with consistency. Generates leverage at the point of attack. Good strength for his size. Held his own in one-on-one scraps against right tackle T.J. Clemmings from Pitt. Has strong hands and gets arm extension into target at snap. Has plus read and feel against the run. Plays square to the line and is able to maintain balance and hold his ground against power.

Weaknesses:

Production as a pass rusher stalled during his time at Miami. Failed to live up to five-star billing coming in. Tweener. Lacks explosive qualities. Plodding and slow-twitch as a pass rusher, failing to consistently stress the edge of a blocker either from defensive-tackle or defensive-end spot. Needs more bulk and thickness to his lower body. Gets overwhelmed by double teams. More of a stalemate player than snap winner.

Sources:

Tell Us "He doesn't have a position as far as I can tell. I don't think he projects inside or outside. He's just caught between positions and there isn't anything that he does really well." -- NFC director of scouting

Bottom Line:

Technically sound player who lacks the desired burst and pass-rush skills to be a full-time defensive end and needs more bulk to play inside. Chickillo could use more length, but with his arm extension and strength at the point of attack, he could find his way as a backup strong-side defensive end in a 4-3.

Last edited:

Was told by a former elite player that the kids are afraid to directly trash the coaches for fear of the coaches messing up their NFL evals.....a major major ex player.

We're talking 5th grade grammar here, not college level. It's pathetic, and it shows the problem with so called college athletics. They are majoring in football, nothing more. It's a joke, and as far as I'm concerned "college" football should be done away with, and a minor league system put into place, because let's face it, NONE of these kids are getting an education that is worth the paper it's printed on. Right now you have lots of people getting filthy rich off of these kids, and it has NOTHING to do with education, which is what college is about.

I'm sick of seeing kids pushed through and graduating while not getting an education. I don't want ANYONE to come here and brag about our graduation rates. A freaking retarded ape could get a degree from UM if they play football. Same goes for any other college. I believe "amateur" athletics is a joke for this reason. These kids should have the right to go pro, not make millions of dollars for their "college".

As for the people thinking I'm covering for Golden, did you miss the part where I said I think he should be fired? God, we have some real Einsteins in our fan base.
How can anyone go through college and not grasp the proper use to "to" and "they're"?

Yes, Golden needs to be fired. Someone also needs to teach these kids the difference between to, too, two, and there, they're, and their.

B/C not one kid on any big time team is there for school. Pretending they are is retarded.

I think any retarded ape could get a degree here WITHOUT playing football. This isn't some elite school, and is notorious for insane grade inflation.

Advertisement
Back