Chick to Folden, Golden Girls: "Fvck You"

Chickillo was and always will be a sde in the 4-3. the 3-4 will never work in Miami and anyone with half a football brain knows that we could never run a successful 3-4 whether it's a one or two gap system. Chickillo went from outperforming clowney with an insane Burst in the ua game to becoming an afterthought.

And why is that? And let's keep this to a football discussion. BTW, Clowney's athleticism coming out of high school was in another hemisphere. Clowney played at South Carolina at 6'6" and 275 pounds and look what he did at the combine.

Ed Stinson came out of Dade County and was 235 pounds. He got to Alabama and played SDE in the 3-4 at about 290 pounds.

Chickillo was a good player at Miami and did what he was asked to do. He started all 4 years and gave it his best. He'll be a solid NFL player for quite a few years and I'd suspect he'll play SDE in the 3-4 at the next level. Maybe a backup d end in a 4-3. I've said this from day 1, he would have been a better version of Matt Walters as a 3-technique tackle in the 4-3 at the college level.

Here is the NFL scouting report for Chick:

Strengths:

Moves around the defensive line and plays with consistency. Generates leverage at the point of attack. Good strength for his size. Held his own in one-on-one scraps against right tackle T.J. Clemmings from Pitt. Has strong hands and gets arm extension into target at snap. Has plus read and feel against the run. Plays square to the line and is able to maintain balance and hold his ground against power.

Weaknesses:

Production as a pass rusher stalled during his time at Miami. Failed to live up to five-star billing coming in. Tweener. Lacks explosive qualities. Plodding and slow-twitch as a pass rusher, failing to consistently stress the edge of a blocker either from defensive-tackle or defensive-end spot. Needs more bulk and thickness to his lower body. Gets overwhelmed by double teams. More of a stalemate player than snap winner.

Sources:

Tell Us "He doesn't have a position as far as I can tell. I don't think he projects inside or outside. He's just caught between positions and there isn't anything that he does really well." -- NFC director of scouting

Bottom Line:

Technically sound player who lacks the desired burst and pass-rush skills to be a full-time defensive end and needs more bulk to play inside. Chickillo could use more length, but with his arm extension and strength at the point of attack, he could find his way as a backup strong-side defensive end in a 4-3.

When was that report done? If it was before the Shrine game, it was using his Miami film to judge him.

Of course his production stalled. He went from playing a natural position to an unnatural one, at a body frame that was a poor match. His evaluation was from the perspective of a 2-gap DE or interior DL, neither of which suits his skill set or body frame.

He will NEVER EVER play 3-4 2-gap football again. That's the whole point. Warren Sapp couldn't play 2-gap DL. Does that mean Sapp sucks???

Advertisement
Some of you guys need to chill.

3G is and never will be Clowney (in terms of size/quickness/burst/athletic ability)

His best pro comparison is more like Justin Smith.

And there's NOTHING wrong with that. Smith will go down as one of the best. Just doesn't promote himself and is all about business.

Last edited:
Chickillo was and always will be a sde in the 4-3. the 3-4 will never work in Miami and anyone with half a football brain knows that we could never run a successful 3-4 whether it's a one or two gap system. Chickillo went from outperforming clowney with an insane Burst in the ua game to becoming an afterthought.

And why is that? And let's keep this to a football discussion. BTW, Clowney's athleticism coming out of high school was in another hemisphere. Clowney played at South Carolina at 6'6" and 275 pounds and look what he did at the combine.

Ed Stinson came out of Dade County and was 235 pounds. He got to Alabama and played SDE in the 3-4 at about 290 pounds.

Chickillo was a good player at Miami and did what he was asked to do. He started all 4 years and gave it his best. He'll be a solid NFL player for quite a few years and I'd suspect he'll play SDE in the 3-4 at the next level. Maybe a backup d end in a 4-3. I've said this from day 1, he would have been a better version of Matt Walters as a 3-technique tackle in the 4-3 at the college level.

Strengths:

Moves around the defensive line and plays with consistency. Generates leverage at the point of attack. Good strength for his size. Held his own in one-on-one scraps against right tackle T.J. Clemmings from Pitt. Has strong hands and gets arm extension into target at snap. Has plus read and feel against the run. Plays square to the line and is able to maintain balance and hold his ground against power.

Weaknesses:

Production as a pass rusher stalled during his time at Miami. Failed to live up to five-star billing coming in. Tweener. Lacks explosive qualities. Plodding and slow-twitch as a pass rusher, failing to consistently stress the edge of a blocker either from defensive-tackle or defensive-end spot. Needs more bulk and thickness to his lower body. Gets overwhelmed by double teams. More of a stalemate player than snap winner.

Sources:

Tell Us "He doesn't have a position as far as I can tell. I don't think he projects inside or outside. He's just caught between positions and there isn't anything that he does really well." -- NFC director of scouting

Bottom Line:

Technically sound player who lacks the desired burst and pass-rush skills to be a full-time defensive end and needs more bulk to play inside. Chickillo could use more length, but with his arm extension and strength at the point of attack, he could find his way as a backup strong-side defensive end in a 4-3.

When was that report done? If it was before the Shrine game, it was using his Miami film to judge him.

Of course his production stalled. He went from playing a natural position to an unnatural one, at a body frame that was a poor match. His evaluation was from the perspective of a 2-gap DE or interior DL, neither of which suits his skill set or body frame.

He will NEVER EVER play 3-4 2-gap football again. That's the whole point. Warren Sapp couldn't play 2-gap DL. Does that mean Sapp sucks???

Before the Shrine game. Mayock really likes him so Chick made some money this week. What was the quality of the tackles at the Shrine game? Chick will be a solid pro.

Last edited:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Sources:

Bottom Line:

Obviously whoever wrote that up didn't see the Shrine game or Chick's freshmen year in a 4-3. How is a DL-men ever going to put up any stats or look good when they're in a frog stance playing patty cake?

Al Golden is the worst coach ever!!

....yet Chick's issue is with the trashy fans, not Golden. Meanwhile, the "fans" try to pretend they have Chick's, and the other players', best interest at heart as they trash everything in site.

Here's one of dk's porsts from earlier this season.

Howard's problems are his and his alone. There's a reason that Corn Elder, shorter and less highly recruited, is taking up a lot of Howard's playing time. Elder tackles 100 times better than Howard, who can't seem to hit a stationary object in space when trying to tackle.

You're a true scumbag and an individual that refers to fans as "trashy" for what you perceive as throwing them under the bus, when this is all you have done to protect the head coRch in charge.

You refer to fans are simpletons, trash 18-year-old kids, but do just about anything to protect a Head Coach and Administration that has killed this program.

But please, tell us all again how we're going to open the season and curb stomp Louisville, and go 12-0 in 2014 on the road to a Golden Title.

As usual, you're dead wrong.

Funny how you ignore the various other posts where I mentioned that Howard has a ton of talent and potential but still has work to do. I'm not trashing anyone but the idiots like you. My post was 100% factual. It was in response to someone saying Howard didn't play because he was in some imaginary doghouse, when the reality, like it or not, was that Corn Elder was playing better than Howard was, and thus taking some of his playing time.

Advertisement

....yet Chick's issue is with the trashy fans, not Golden. Meanwhile, the "fans" try to pretend they have Chick's, and the other players', best interest at heart as they trash everything in site.

Was told by a former elite player that the kids are afraid to directly trash the coaches for fear of the coaches messing up their NFL evals.....a major major ex player.

Sure you were Skippy. Even if your imaginary contact were real, it doesn't change the fact that the players have issues with the fans, whether or not they also have issues with the coaches. I'm not a fan of how the coaching staff has been operating, but I also find the fan behavior to be extremely trashy and ridiculous....as do various recruits and players who have voiced the very same opinion.

Anyone surprised a simpleton Golden Girl like dk is completely missing the point? Chick is calling out dopes like you that have labeled him and other Canes "JAGS" in an attempt to defend their cult leader.

You're either extremely stupid or a pathetic outright liar - or both. You figure it out.

Anyone surprised a simpleton Golden Girl like dk is completely missing the point? Chick is calling out dopes like you that have labeled him and other Canes "JAGS" in an attempt to defend their cult leader.

You're either extremely stupid or a pathetic outright liar - or both. You figure it out.

Keep on twisting players' words to suit your agenda. Others have said it even more clearly than Chick, directly and specifically calling out the fans for their behavior, both players and recruits...including Walton, one of our top recruits.

Here's one of dk's porsts from earlier this season.

Howard's problems are his and his alone. There's a reason that Corn Elder, shorter and less highly recruited, is taking up a lot of Howard's playing time. Elder tackles 100 times better than Howard, who can't seem to hit a stationary object in space when trying to tackle.

You're a true scumbag and an individual that refers to fans as "trashy" for what you perceive as throwing them under the bus, when this is all you have done to protect the head coRch in charge.

You refer to fans are simpletons, trash 18-year-old kids, but do just about anything to protect a Head Coach and Administration that has killed this program.

But please, tell us all again how we're going to open the season and curb stomp Louisville, and go 12-0 in 2014 on the road to a Golden Title.

As usual, you're dead wrong.

Funny how you ignore the various other posts where I mentioned that Howard has a ton of talent and potential but still has work to do. I'm not trashing anyone but the idiots like you. My post was 100% factual. It was in response to someone saying Howard didn't play because he was in some imaginary doghouse, when the reality, like it or not, was that Corn Elder was playing better than Howard was, and thus taking some of his playing time.

LOL at you backtracking. You call Miami fans trashy for not having Chick's best interest in mind, but completely slam Tracy claiming his problems are his and his only.

You're post was not 100% factual. You have no ******* clue what has caused Tracy's problems.

What we do know is that Howard became one of the top (if not the top) corners in the country as a high school senior playing tight coverage and not giving recievers room to breathe. We also know Golden's defensive scheme hinders this type of aggression, which is probably why Howard hasn't lived up to the hype. For someone who refers to others as football illerates, you seem to be the only one left who can't acknowledge that Golden's scheme and overall fit isn't working.

The irony of you calling fans trashy.

You blame the fans and the players, just like Golden. You must be just as much of a psychopath as he is.

Advertisement

Keep on twisting players' words to suit your agenda. Others have said it even more clearly than Chick, directly and specifically calling out the fans for their behavior, both players and recruits...including Walton, one of our top recruits.

Meant to neg. Will neg.

Advertisement
Back