Chicago coaches dinner

strauzer

Freshman
Yet again another awesome event and a huge standing O to Jose for putting on a great show! The MC was Cane alum Roy Firestone who was incredible. I was fortunate to sit next to Golden Al and got some insights. First we talked about recruiting and he felt good about who we had committed so far and who we had a good shot at. We talked about this years draft and how he felt about guys like Hurns and morris going in drafted and he made an interesting point which Greg Olson agreed with in that the rookie salary cap has made kids come out much earlier than they may have before and over 100 underclassmen declared driving down the value of guys like Hurns.

On stage Al said he really felt like the incoming class if kids were genuinly "Miami Hurricane" players and we added significant depth and talent on D.

Overall a fun night that I hope many will join us in the future for!

160.jpg
161.jpg
162.jpg
163.jpg
164.jpg
165.jpg
166.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully Al took it easy on the deep dish pizza

What's with so many of you guys and your feminine obsession with Al's weight?

It gets ******* stupid after a while. Guy posts about the Coach's Dinner with some former players and the first ******* comment is a fat joke. (bad)ComedyInSight.com.

They seem to think that constantly bringing up his weight, or using pathetically juvenile nicknames like F.A.G., etc. somehow bolster their arguments about how "bad" Golden is as a coach. The reality is that anyone that petty and childish is hard to take seriously when they do make an attempt at a real argument.

Advertisement

It gets ****ing stupid after a while. Guy posts about the Coach's Dinner with some former players and the first ****ing comment is a fat joke. (bad)ComedyInSight.com.

They seem to think that constantly bringing up his weight, or using pathetically juvenile nicknames like F.A.G., etc. somehow bolster their arguments about how "bad" Golden is as a coach. The reality is that anyone that petty and childish is hard to take seriously when they do make an attempt at a real argument.

At least you're paying attention.

Advertisement
Thanks, Strauzer, really appreciate the write-up. I've noticed that Golden has evolved his optimism from talking about a few kids like Chickillo and Duke to talking about depth of Miami-level talent. Love seeing Olsen there. Hopefully he's on top of his younger brother keeping him focused on the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity he has this season..

It gets ****ing stupid after a while. Guy posts about the Coach's Dinner with some former players and the first ****ing comment is a fat joke. (bad)ComedyInSight.com.

****. I had to flip back and check.

This IS the WEZ, isn't it? WTF do you expect? (Well, WEZ lite)

We - collectively - think he sucks. We can't abide a no-coaching coach, so we pick and have fun at every opportunity.

For a while there, if Golden was required to haul ***, he'd have to make three trips.

Thus, the weight watching, since we see no evidence of coaching.

Last edited:

****. I had to flip back and check.

This IS the WEZ, isn't it? WTF do you expect? (Well, WEZ lite)

We - collectively - think he sucks. We can't abide a no-coaching coach, so we pick and have fun at every opportunity.

For a while there, if Golden was required to haul ***, he'd have to make three trips.

Thus, the weight watching, since we see no evidence of coaching.

Just in case you are really bored, I hear Ferman is giving away subscriptions to Canesport. Pay for a year get $99 credit for Miami gear on the fanatics site. From what I understand, that board has been really missing consistent negativity and is unaware of Golden's diet. Perhaps you can visit them and spread your love. It won't be as much fun as laughing at CIS for rudely ejecting the WEZ, but variety is the spice of life, and since no one here is going to stop you from hijacking every thread, creating havoc there may be more challenging at times.

Advertisement
Back