Cheezit Bowl Press Conferences - from Orlando Sunday

Advertisement
Lashlee said the younger receivers didn’t get as many reps because the older wideouts simply practiced better.

He did point to Xavier Restrepo, Keyshawn Smith and Mike Redding as flashing at times.

Lashlee also spoke about some of the tight ends, including the signees.

He said Elijah Arroyo has family in the Miami area and was always a Cane fan, and Lashlee actually recruited him to SMU.

"We're excited about him - he's 6-4, athletic, plays like a receiver in a tight ends body, a lot of ways like Brevin Jordan does, that style of player," Lashlee said.

Lashlee said Kahlil Brantley could be more of an H-back type.

And of Larry Hodges, Lashlee said, "In bowl practice, having guys like Brevin and Will (Mallory), what we've seen is he has the ability to really catch the football at a high level. Very athletic. If he can put on some weight, get a little stronger, his ball skills are there to help us next year and earn a lot of playing time for us."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lashlee doesn’t seem to care if Cam leaves.

Kosi is gone and they will help him find a team.

Rivers is going to be a starter next year in the line.

They are going to let McCloud come back and play DE next year.

They will let Harley back if he wants to come back.

Bubba is thinking about going to the NFL but knows he needs to come back. I’d put him at 50/50 right now.

my assumption from those quotes today

Advertisement
Lashlee calls Zion Nelson "a really good football player" and he thinks he has really good football instincts. He says he is the most consistent performer on the offensive line for Miami during the second half of the season.

Lashlee says he prefers for linemen to focus on one side at first just to get good at one particular spot. He says Jalen Rivers could play inside at guard or at tackle. He thinks he will be a factor next season.
His jump from last year has been a top 5 enjoyment in this season

Lashlee doesn’t seem to care if Cam leaves.

Kosi is gone and they will help him find a team.

Rivers is going to be a starter next year in the line.

They are going to let McCloud come back and play DE next year.

They will let Harley back if he wants to come back.

Bubba is thinking about going to the NFL but knows he needs to come back. I’d put him at 50/50 right now.

my assumption from those quotes today
i would agree with this.

Advertisement
Saw that quote and thought the same thing. Did I miss an announcement of him leaving?

he posted on twitter a week or so ago about making a decision I forget which day.

manny as asked about it and basically said he doesn’t know why he would even tweet it and Lashlee seems to basically roll over Cam being treated like everyone else.

my guess is Cam is gone to be drafted in the 6th rd or later

Advertisement
Back