Cheez-It Bowl: Oklahoma State v Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yes, but there was nothing more Perry could have done.
One thing.... He needs to understand the clock is running. I was furious we didn't get the one play off until the play clock was down to 9. You simply can not do that. Drive before as well. All those seconds add up to OSU not having to punt the ball at the end.

Other than that, he played amazing. The O looked like it wasn't trying to rely on one guy to win the game. That has bothered me all year long with King. Not King's fault, but Lashlee and Diaz have been asking him to do too much.

Now, those drops are inexcusable. Heads need to roll.

Couldn't be further from the truth.
Why do people think you need to throw the ball 10 yards to gain 10 yards?

OSU sent the house. There was no time for anything near the sticks.

This is such a bad take. That's a horrific call related to time / down. You should be embarrassed for actually letting people see just how little you know.

not a single thing good happens in that **** *** stadium. we need to forfeit/decline/opt out any orlando bowl invite
This program used to say “anybody, anywhere, anytime”

Man, how the times have changed lmao

I know I’ll get killed but the offense looked as good uf not better with Perry running it than with King.Bug difference is with King you have to respect the run.
WTF was this Oerry for the last couple years..🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
You'll never Sniff a NC with this Embarrassment of a Staff....
Four or five teams play for the title. That’s it. Miami might as well hire me as the coach. This team does not have good players. The wideouts are horrible. The o line is horrible. The d line is not great. Linebackers? The d backfield? The coaching staff is running romper room. Playing for a title is not happening. Ever.

Manny giving Pope a handshake after the 1st drop and trying to cheer him up is the epitome of the type of loser effort without repercussions he enjoys, so I wasn't surprised to see Pope drop that pass late.
I disagree. He was tough on him after that drop. He only gave him a single cheek slap

This team consistently comes out asleep.
This coaching staff is always a day late and a dollar short on adjustments.
This team lacks discipline generally, both in execution and selfish.
This coaching staph is lazy during bye weeks.
Top to bottom, the program has a beta attitude.

Advertisement
So many things were bad about the game, with the defense early, the officiating throughout, and the drops, but overall, they fought and didn't look as bad as I thought they would. I don't think this will hurt recruiting. Perry did well coming off the bench. The drops killed him. They'd have had over 600 yards of offense if they could catch the ball. I do still think things need to change on defense. OSU isn't that good and they couldn't stop them when it counted.

Can’t call 4 th down play that is not beyond the sticks unless it is a run play and obviously we weren’t calling a run play there all irrelevant if pope didn’t have hands of stone

Advertisement
They sent the house on 3rd down as well so why not run it there??

We all know which order the 3rd down and 4th down plays should have been called.

They ran cover 0 blitz both downs

[

QUOTE="Coach Macho, post: 5066374, member: 5124"]
Couldn't be further from the truth.
Why do people think you need to throw the ball 10 yards to gain 10 yards?

OSU sent the house. There was no time for anything near the sticks.
[/QUOTE]
My only problem with the call is it shoulve been the play on third down

Harley played his heart off and I agree. He muffed a crucial punt that led to 7 points and when we needed him to catch a punt he elected to run away as the ball bounced 15 yards to the 18 yard live. Please spare me your BS about Harley tonight. He has played great the last several games but between him, Pope, and Wiggins they gave away at 28 points. THAT'S A FACT! Don't sugar coat it!

Advertisement
That’s exactly what I’m saying. They ran the same defense both downs.

My only problem with the call is it shoulve been the play on third down
[/QUOTE]

Perry probably would have close to 400 yards passing if the receivers caught the ball. He was outstanding to say the least and I don't think King could have played any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back