Cheating Scandal at UNC While Butch Davis Was HC There

If butch was our coach duke wouldnt make fun of us but Lane would make fun of us. #NoKneeMentality #493ydsonTheWefense

Attachments

• 493776A4-F29E-498D-B4F3-3F9D7099F6EB.jpeg
    493776A4-F29E-498D-B4F3-3F9D7099F6EB.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 30
Advertisement
Exactly. Football ain't chit to Chapel Hill. If they are good, then that's just cherry on the pie. It's all about Bball and that side of the program has been caught in a couple of scandals under Roy and nothing has come from it.
Some truth to that, though the class was available to all. I assure you members on their BOT, one of which I do personally know, they are dying to be relevant in football. Been a sour taste in their mouths ever since they got snubbed years ago which led to Mack leaving. I'll say this, no program is clean. That speaks more to how ridiculous the NCAA is than schools cheating.

Some truth to that, though the class was available to all. I assure you members on their BOT, one of which I do personally know, they are dying to be relevant in football. Been a sour taste in their mouths ever since they got snubbed years ago which led to Mack leaving. I'll say this, no program is clean. That speaks more to how ridiculous the NCAA is than schools cheating.

I agree w/ this. It's either who cheats the best, or who doesn't cheat enough.

guys. Butch saw the writing on the wall with golden. his wife loves south florida. he knew the game was evolving and spent time at espn going to bama, fsu, etc watching the changes coaches were making. he was ready for this job, he wanted it when golden hide for PSU.
Meanwhile, richt is burned out and running same old plays and on top of that, he probably has a crappy s&c program because for last 10 years all his stars players get hurt, injuries are apart of football but every year he loses stars.

I think One of the thing I hate Richt the most for is the countless Butch threads. If he was a competent coach I wouldn’t have to see it.

It’s amazing how quiet ppl are about his *** kicking against FAU

Advertisement
I think One of the thing I hate Richt the most for is the countless Butch threads. If he was a competent coach I wouldn’t have to see it.

It’s amazing how quiet ppl are about his *** kicking against FAU

They just glossing over it. FAU is his biggest rival and he is 0-2 and wore an *** whooping in both games.

I don't know all the details but some of what was going in the academic scandal involved a tutor who just also happened to work for Butch Davis as a nanny. Plus John Blake was someone who had shady dealings with an agent at UNC, received a three year ban from NCAA from coaching as a result of what he did at UNC. Nothing directly tied Butch to him but he did hire him and had been around Butch for quite some time. Still Butch was not directly tied to the scandal and he was a better hire for Miami than Richt. But I do understand why Miami, a team still on probation at the time of hire, wanted to avoid Butch. I didn't want them to but I am not surprised they did.

Who hired the coRches at UNC?

Who lost to East Carolina?

Who got his **** pushed in by Al Groh and Tom O'Brien?

Advertisement
Everyone is in here acting like this is a bad thing. At the end Butch was able to keep all of his guys eligible. They had more time to practice and do football stuff instead of wasting time in class. He then hid it well enough that nothing stuck to him. Cheating coaches are the best coaches. You want a goody goody head corch. You got one. He sucks.

Everyone is in here acting like this is a bad thing. At the end Butch was able to keep all of his guys eligible. They had more time to practice and do football stuff instead of wasting time in class. He then hid it well enough that nothing stuck to him. Cheating coaches are the best coaches. You want a goody goody head corch. You got one. He sucks.
Colleges are the farm teams for the NFL... you got great athletes that don't give a **** about studying.... coaches got to deal with this dilemma and with the pressure to win, they've done shiit that may be wrong or covered it up... aren't humans imperfect? LOL

Once and for all ... can we please clear this bull**** up with the TRUTH and the FACTS.

There was a cheating scandal at UNC that came out allegedly involving a number of football players. Butch Davis was the head football coach at the time. The NCAA, the University of NC and even the governor of NC ordered NUMEROUS investigations into the scandal.

After conducting those investigations the results pertaining to Butch Davis was this ---- HE DID NOTHING WRONG, WAS COMPLETELY CLEARED of
ANY WRONGDOING IN ANY WAY and EXONERATED 100% !

there are many people on this board who don't like Butch Davis and would never want him to coach at Miami again and that is fair to have that opinion.

but people that constantly LIE and hint that Butch was guilty of something in the NC scandal are like 12 year old girls. with this bull****.

Just be a man ..... be honest and say you don't like Butch and leave it at that.
Explain the players he recruited involvement with Shapiro?

Colleges are the farm teams for the NFL... you got great athletes that don't give a **** about studying.... coaches got to deal with this dilemma and with the pressure to win, they've done shiit that may be wrong or covered it up... aren't humans imperfect? LOL

In the legendary words of Cardale Jones " we aint come here to play school". Exactly. Everyone is acting like Butch covered up a rape like Cuckbo or covered up murders like Meyer. The guy allegedly turned a blind eye to grade inflation. Big deal.

Advertisement
LMFAO...the tobacco road mafia clearing their school of improprieties who wouldve guessed. Im sorry but youre a fool if u believe Butch wasnt aware that nearly every top recruit he landed was on the take.

The flipside of this argument is that butch would have to be a senile old man to know everyone of his top players is on the take....

Either way he was toxic enough for no one to hire him and left begging for a retirement job years later.

It was an academic practice that went on for years and years before Butch got there. They had some crip courses that some of the football players took to up their GPA - BUT - BUT - a schittload of students took those courses - basketball players, regular students, and even the UNC bikini team took those courses.

So - all Butch knows is that his guys are showing up for classes - and the academic advisors and whoever set that crap up - did NOT work for the football program - it was the academic side.

Butch was hired to be the coach - not a deep state academic investigator - to find crip courses the administration set up.

WTF is wrong with ya'll?

Advertisement
I don't know all the details but some of what was going in the academic scandal involved a tutor who just also happened to work for Butch Davis as a nanny. Plus John Blake was someone who had shady dealings with an agent at UNC, received a three year ban from NCAA from coaching as a result of what he did at UNC. Nothing directly tied Butch to him but he did hire him and had been around Butch for quite some time. Still Butch was not directly tied to the scandal and he was a better hire for Miami than Richt. But I do understand why Miami, a team still on probation at the time of hire, wanted to avoid Butch. I didn't want them to but I am not surprised they did.
A 3yr Ban from coaching??...More BS....That was because of his UNC Buyout....

Advertisement
Back