Chatman to LSU

We been winning so much on the trail that Chatman going to LSU doesn't even bother me.

I'm not sure about that. It bothers me some, he was definitely our top DT and on another level than Silvera and potentially Briggs. Obviously it's early but losing that type of DT does hurt some.

We'll make up for it.

Exactly, If he was a top DT from Florida , it would bother me. But with the way this staff is recruiting this year. This lost shouldn't bother you. At this point any kid from Georgia that "loves" miami but don't commit like Deejay. I'm ready for them to commit some where else.

Advertisement
I'm the first to tell you that we need to get as many top guys as humanly possible then get 3 more, but for once I think it's ok to not worry about it. This staff is absolutely slaying it on the trail and there's a ton of time before signing day so I won't be sweating this kid for now.

Advertisement
I don't think this is over yet, if we can get him back down for paradise we still may have a chance.
His commitment to LSU sounds like a spur of the moment decision with a few teammates.

Inside Miami Recruiting: 4/23

Can't read the article, but a comment in this thread seems to indicate that Ivins is reporting that our staff rejected Chatman's commitment when he told them he still wanted to visit other schools. I like it if true. Staff isn't going to get played by these flakey kids anymore and our perceived recruiting momentum won't be damaged by a shakey "commit" decommiting later on

Advertisement

Can't read the article, but a comment in this thread seems to indicate that Ivins is reporting that our staff rejected Chatman's commitment when he told them he still wanted to visit other schools. I like it if true. Staff isn't going to get played by these flakey kids anymore and our perceived recruiting momentum won't be damaged by a shakey "commit" decommiting later on

Basically what Andrew said yesterday but stretched out

i seriously doubt our commits are all not taking other visits.

Never said that was the case and I'm not sure Ivins was saying that either. I think maybe coaches are selective in making this a condition based on how strong they believe a kid's commitment might be. This may be their way of 1) testing the seriousness of the kids intentions and 2) giving g our coaches more time to strengthen a kid's commitment by limiting his exposure to other schools before allowing the kid to take visits later.

Advertisement

Seen this from a reporter on uga site. Makes since.
4 hours ago Premium Post
I said on Friday night that offer to Jaquon Griffin was big. Chatman, Anderson and Griffin had played together since they were like 5 or 6 years old.
I personally never thought that Griffin would get an LSU/UGA/AUB type offer. Really good player just undersized. Griffin and Anderson are very close. All 3 of them are honestly. Chatman was about to commit to Miami and Anderson was very solid to UGA. That one offer to Griffin changed the whole game plain and simple on Friday about noon.
They got the chance on Friday and actually all 3 committed on the spot. It is going to be hard for the Dawgs to flip Anderson now in my opinion because they are not taking all 3 of them.

Another post that griffin offer changed everything

That is why this thing turned so QUICK
I have stated many times no worries on Adam Anderson. The offer to Griffin changed it the minute it happened. Chatman was done to Miami to. I was probably about to break that story in a week or two. I am close to these kids, know their families pretty good. That is how big that offer to Griffin was..
3 kids are tight..

Seen this from a reporter on uga site. Makes since.
4 hours ago Premium Post
I said on Friday night that offer to Jaquon Griffin was big. Chatman, Anderson and Griffin had played together since they were like 5 or 6 years old.
I personally never thought that Griffin would get an LSU/UGA/AUB type offer. Really good player just undersized. Griffin and Anderson are very close. All 3 of them are honestly. Chatman was about to commit to Miami and Anderson was very solid to UGA. That one offer to Griffin changed the whole game plain and simple on Friday about noon.
They got the chance on Friday and actually all 3 committed on the spot. It is going to be hard for the Dawgs to flip Anderson now in my opinion because they are not taking all 3 of them.

Another post that griffin offer changed everything

That is why this thing turned so QUICK
I have stated many times no worries on Adam Anderson. The offer to Griffin changed it the minute it happened. Chatman was done to Miami to. I was probably about to break that story in a week or two. I am close to these kids, know their families pretty good. That is how big that offer to Griffin was..
3 kids are tight..

Then I completely feel no ***** now about the situation. Chive On Kool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Next.... he could be joe Jackson or he could be Byron Cowart. ... Kul will get his guy no worries

Any chance we see this guy name pop up in the next few months with the problems in Rockytop?

Advertisement
Back