Chatman to LSU

I'm not a Twitter person but I clicked the link above. I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of Canes fans being mature and wishing him luck in lieu of trashing a highschool kid on twitter. This beer here is for you Canes nation for not embarrassing the rest of us for once.

Advertisement
I'm not a Twitter person but I clicked the link above. I'm pleasantly surprised with the amount of Canes fans being mature and wishing him luck in lieu of trashing a highschool kid on twitter. This beer here is for you Canes nation for not embarrassing the rest of us for once.

You kick that terrorist in the balls for me yet?

Orgeron is a loser. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play for him.

Say what you want bout ed but he's amazing with dlineman & his players love him.

He's a bad dude. And I don't mean bad as in good. If the internet were around when he was coaching at Miami, he'd no longer be coaching. But bottom line, he just beat Kool straight up for a very important recruit.

Cmon brother. You can't just do a drive by shooting like that. It's poor form.

Give up an anecdote or 3

Not my place to put the details of the man's personal life in the public domain. But those who have been around the program since the 80's know what I am talking about. Let's just say I knew one of the attorneys involved in his divorce. There is a reason he never was mentioned as a candidate for any coaching position at Miami over the last 15 years.

I've been around that long and known ed most of my life through my father. His thing was he wasn't too good with his alcohol & when drinking he wasn't too nice to people (anyone). Personally I've made my share of mistakes plenty that people judge me by as well. Not for one second does anything about his past change my feelings for him. I love the man & anyone that knows him would tell you no one will ever fight harder for you as an individual. We all make mistakes. The key is person al growth through those mistakes.

Say what you want bout ed but he's amazing with dlineman & his players love him.

He's a bad dude. And I don't mean bad as in good. If the internet were around when he was coaching at Miami, he'd no longer be coaching. But bottom line, he just beat Kool straight up for a very important recruit.

Give up an anecdote or 3

Not my place to put the details of the man's personal life in the public domain. But those who have been around the program since the 80's know what I am talking about. Let's just say I knew one of the attorneys involved in his divorce. There is a reason he never was mentioned as a candidate for any coaching position at Miami over the last 15 years.

I've been around that long and known ed most of my life through my father. His thing was he wasn't too good with his alcohol & when drinking he wasn't too nice to people (anyone). Personally I've made my share of mistakes plenty that people judge me by as well. Not for one second does anything about his past change my feelings for him. I love the man & anyone that knows him would tell you no one will ever fight harder for you as an individual. We all make mistakes. The key is person al growth through those mistakes.

All this may be true.

But his track record as a HC is horrendous.

Yes he did ok as an interim HC, but there's a reason he wasn't retained in that capacity, and a reason he was LSU's plan C. Hardly anyone in a position of authority or responsibility thinks he's got what it takes to be a successful head coach.

He may have found personal redemption, good for him, but we're talking about capacity as a head coach, at least I am

I'm a civilian now, they don't let us anywhere near that part of the base without some sort of official business. This ain't 2003 anymore lol

Advertisement

I'm a civilian now, they don't let us anywhere near that part of the base without some sort of official business. This ain't 2003 anymore lol

You should just kick in some doors and go full on Abu Ghraib on them niqqaz

This is disappointing. But Kuligowski will find other solid DTs with ease. Not terribly concerned....

If he wants to be on a team that's going to go 8-4 for the next 50,000 years then so be it.

His loss, not ours

Last edited:
Advertisement

Oh you should have seen the fans when tyler **** decommited. LOL they went ape **** and said stuff like i hope u tear ur acl in the first practice. He then had to put out another tweet that said that he was offended by our fans and doesn't want anyone to say anything about his commitment LMAO

We been winning so much on the trail that Chatman going to LSU doesn't even bother me.

I'm not sure about that. It bothers me some, he was definitely our top DT and on another level than Silvera and potentially Briggs. Obviously it's early but losing that type of DT does hurt some.

Advertisement

Oh you should have seen the fans when tyler **** decommited. LOL they went ape **** and said stuff like i hope u tear ur acl in the first practice. He then had to put out another tweet that said that he was offended by our fans and doesn't want anyone to say anything about his commitment LMAO

That's pretty sad but I believe it

I'm sure I'm late and most people already know this but it's news to me. My buddy who knows Bethel said that Chatman was silently committed to us until LSU came through with that package deal for his homeboys.

Like I said, news to me. I'm sure that's common knowledge to some of you guys who follow recruiting more closely.

Fatman Chatman is to UGA as ChatFIELD is to MIAMI. Both just waiting on their school of choice to offer and they gone. Gimme Chatfield all day and get Ws.

Advertisement
Just goes to show you how full of chit some of these kids are.

Happens just about every year and will continue to happen. How many times have we had silents that reneged at the last minute, like the kid from Maryland?

Word is not bond, it often means nothing. Maybe an early signing period will cure some of that. I'm sure a lot of kids feel equally screwed when they sign and their coach leaves.

Give up an anecdote or 3

All this may be true.

But his track record as a HC is horrendous.

Yes he did ok as an interim HC, but there's a reason he wasn't retained in that capacity, and a reason he was LSU's plan C. Hardly anyone in a position of authority or responsibility thinks he's got what it takes to be a successful head coach.

He may have found personal redemption, good for him, but we're talking about capacity as a head coach, at least I am

Don't know about his personal life. The story I heard is that he got in a bar fight back home in Louisiana and headbutted a guy. That might have been the public story, I guess there is more to the private story than I want to know. I just know he was very highly regarded as a great technical defensive line coach but was a mess personally. I'm not surprised he would never be able to coach at UM again.

Advertisement
Back