Chat with Coach D.

Take it however you want but the 1st team defense looked good today. Now maybe the O was vanilla. But I will give credit where it's due. I'm excited by our LBs. Grace was all over the place.
Yeah, it's basically the same D we saw against UNC and Cincinnati.

Advertisement
But they're ignoring the noise, right?
They are not. Dude got ****ed when Ga Tech got brought up. Took his sunglasses off out of frustration for one of the guys too look him in the eye. He wanted to change the misconception us fans keep saying. Kept saying you can't ignore the improvement from 90th in D to 16th.

Coach D is cool as ****. You can tell he's a hard *** but he's a **** football coach not politician. He should do well in recruiting but for whatever reason he's not a strong recruiter.

Fvck Dorito.

He was at the helm for the 2 worst Miami defenses I've EVER had the misfortune of watching.

Advertisement
Last year Pete and others told us how fast and good the defense was and that it had turned the corner. Every year like clock work you get people like OP get a short glimpse of the team and delude themselves into thinking our defense is going to be special.

News flash, Golden and Dorito are not good defensive coaches. In year one at miami their defense underachieved even though we ran a 4-3 and didn't change much for continuities sake. You saw how bad that defense was.

Stop buying the hype.

They are not. Dude got ****ed when Ga Tech got brought up. Took his sunglasses off out of frustration for one of the guys too look him in the eye. He wanted to change the misconception us fans keep saying. Kept saying you can't ignore the improvement from 90th in D to 16th.
That 90th ranked defense was their ******* fault. I'm not patting anyone on the ******* back for destroying a staple of Miami hurricane football (defense), turning it into a joke and then asking for kudos for supposedly bringing it back into a a top 20 defense. Typical Al golden con job.

U guys really think we'd run the al groh 34 during the spring game? **** no. Its all smoke screen.

Advertisement
Ask that $hitface why the CB's are 10 light years away from the los? Why are there only 5 men in the box in goalline and other very short yardage situations??.....TIA

5 years in we still have an "inexperienced" defense. i can't even be excited to watch my team play anymore

If he claims the 16th as valid, what's his defense for the 90th, in the previous year? What's his defense for last year's 6-7?

Advertisement

If he claims the 16th as valid, what's his defense for the 90th, in the previous year? What's his defense for last year's 6-7?

Our corching staph has confirmation bias. The slippery slope of specifically selected statistics. (now say it three times fast.)

Advertisement
1. Guy next to me(apparently a youth coach) called out Coach D as he was walking to the coach's box. Said, "when will your D become aggressive". Coach D responded "fix your TV, we are always aggressive on D". Lol It seemed that comment got under Coach D's skin and he came back down 5mins later to address common questions by most avid fans.

1. Why aren't we aggressive on D? Coach D says this a myth as 50% of the time we are sending 5 men to attack. This is among highest in CFB.

2. Why the CBs play passive then? They are taught to play aggressive and even in zone (cover 2) they should be jamming receivers at the line. CBs are not choosing to not stay aggressive within the scheme. Boundary corners are always taught to play press. He highlighted Artie as a good example of who's executing the scheme properly.

3. What's up with our boy Tracy? He's the top DB in the nation and 5 star recruit? Only 2 ints??? You can't put that type of pressure on him. ( I came away thinking Coach D thought he was overrated coming out of HS)

4. What's up with the Linebackers??? You have to put that dawg in them. Make them understand how to play coverage! I'm a former Linebacker and 34th pick in the NFL draft. ( that caught me off guard. I didn't know he was that good in college). He added that he knows linebackers and that led into development.

5. Player Development? I took an underrated linebacker to the best in the draft. Developed Gunther to a 3rd pick. Armbrister will get drafted. That's just our first class we recruited on D. We are improving on D and the coaching reflects that. You can't argue we are not improving. We were 16th in nation in total D and yds per play.

6. Recruiting?? We can't keep all the talent home. (He couldn't really argue we are losing players to SC, FSU, UF)

7. What about that GT game? We held them to the second fewest rushing yards last year. A team that runs it 60 times a game and relatively we didn't do as bad as other teams. No turnovers really hurt us. Remember we won the last three games against them.

Overall, I found the conversation shocking because coach D came away as a cool dude. I actually enjoyed his personality and he knows his issh. He's arrogant but after watching the spring game I see why. I think he knows this D is going to be special so he's pounding his chest and resume.

As we watched the scrimmage, there was a blitz by Kirby on the 1st play of the game for a lost. Blitzes continued and our D dominated. Apparently this is our base D and now the players are executing. I came away optimistic for our D but left puzzled by our offense and especially the development of Kaaya and the play calling. Smh

Yeah that sounds great but the bottom line is that Al Golden is a loser and he always will be a loser. The same goes for his staff. I love how Golden and his butt buddy Mark are always bludgeoning us with cherry picked statistics that are used either out of context or within a very narrow context to rationalize their abhorrent performance as coaches.

Take for example Dono's assertion that we send 5 guys about 50% of the time. This is complete spin doctoring. Our "blitzes" are almost always telegraphed and so basic in nature that well coached offenses have little trouble beating them. Also it hardly matters how much you blitz if your DB's are conceding first down yardage and are almost never in position to make a play on the ball. In the widest context the object defensively is to stop the opposing offense thus giving your team a greater chance of winning and winning is something that we are not doing.

Also if the CB's are in fact taught to press, jam and play aggressively then these might be the worst coaches of all time because after 4 years they still don't execute. His rationalizing of the recruiting failures by stating that we can't keep them all at home is so absurd it's laughable.

1. Guy next to me(apparently a youth coach) called out Coach D as he was walking to the coach's box. Said, "when will your D become aggressive". Coach D responded "fix your TV, we are always aggressive on D". Lol It seemed that comment got under Coach D's skin and he came back down 5mins later to address common questions by most avid fans.

1. Why aren't we aggressive on D? Coach D says this a myth as 50% of the time we are sending 5 men to attack. This is among highest in CFB.

2. Why the CBs play passive then? They are taught to play aggressive and even in zone (cover 2) they should be jamming receivers at the line. CBs are not choosing to not stay aggressive within the scheme. Boundary corners are always taught to play press. He highlighted Artie as a good example of who's executing the scheme properly.

3. What's up with our boy Tracy? He's the top DB in the nation and 5 star recruit? Only 2 ints??? You can't put that type of pressure on him. ( I came away thinking Coach D thought he was overrated coming out of HS)

4. What's up with the Linebackers??? You have to put that dawg in them. Make them understand how to play coverage! I'm a former Linebacker and 34th pick in the NFL draft. ( that caught me off guard. I didn't know he was that good in college). He added that he knows linebackers and that led into development.

5. Player Development? I took an underrated linebacker to the best in the draft. Developed Gunther to a 3rd pick. Armbrister will get drafted. That's just our first class we recruited on D. We are improving on D and the coaching reflects that. You can't argue we are not improving. We were 16th in nation in total D and yds per play.

6. Recruiting?? We can't keep all the talent home. (He couldn't really argue we are losing players to SC, FSU, UF)

7. What about that GT game? We held them to the second fewest rushing yards last year. A team that runs it 60 times a game and relatively we didn't do as bad as other teams. No turnovers really hurt us. Remember we won the last three games against them.

Overall, I found the conversation shocking because coach D came away as a cool dude. I actually enjoyed his personality and he knows his issh. He's arrogant but after watching the spring game I see why. I think he knows this D is going to be special so he's pounding his chest and resume.

As we watched the scrimmage, there was a blitz by Kirby on the 1st play of the game for a lost. Blitzes continued and our D dominated. Apparently this is our base D and now the players are executing. I came away optimistic for our D but left puzzled by our offense and especially the development of Kaaya and the play calling. Smh

Yeah that sounds great but the bottom line is that Al Golden is a loser and he always will be a loser. The same goes for his staff. I love how Golden and his butt buddy Mark are always bludgeoning us with cherry picked statistics that are used either out of context or within a very narrow context to rationalize their abhorrent performance as coaches.

Take for example Dono's assertion that we send 5 guys about 50% of the time. This is complete spin doctoring. Our "blitzes" are almost always telegraphed and so basic in nature that well coached offenses have little trouble beating them. Also it hardly matters how much you blitz if your DB's are conceding first down yardage and are almost never in position to make a play on the ball. In the widest context the object defensively is to stop the opposing offense thus giving your team a greater chance of winning and winning is something that we are not doing.

Also if the CB's are in fact taught to press, jam and play aggressively then these might be the worst coaches of all time because after 4 years they still don't execute. His rationalizing of the recruiting failures by stating that we can't keep them all at home is so absurd it's laughable.

You're trying too hard.

The defense sucks, and it's not from lack of talent or hard work.

D'No's out of his league. Doesn't know how to coach NFL talent, or stop CFB offenses. Bottom line.

You're trying too hard.

The defense sucks, and it's not from lack of talent or hard work.

D'No's out of his league. Doesn't know how to coach NFL talent, or stop CFB offenses. Bottom line.

Trying too hard? Trying too hard at what? I can see how my writing style could be considered affectatious but it's just the way I write.

Advertisement
Back