Chat with Coach D.

donofrio-1990-penn-state-the-second-mile.jpgdonofrio-1991-penn-state-the-second-mile.jpg

He was Jerry the Sicko Molester's favorite Player!

Lets not forget Al

Golden-Al-1987-1987-Red-Bank-Catholic-School-Yearbook-Coach-Al-Golden-268x394-jpg.jpg

or his mentor:
Paterno.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our blitz % is among the highest in the nation, but our sacks and TFL are not???

That seems completely inconsistent ...

And why is it that neither fans or commentators have the impression that we have an atracking defense? Nobody, except the staff, thinks we're agressive ...

And after 4 years ... If kids still can't do what you teach and expect in a game ... It might be YOU.

The stretch of football I think it was ( Va Tech, Cincy, Duke, most of FSU game the D was actually playing a lot better. The team really did quit after the FSU game so I don't put much stock in the D after that game. The one problem I have with D'onofrio and Golden is that they get caught up in stats when most stats are misleading based on teams you play, time of possession, etc. Also, just because you bring an extra person to the line of scrimmage doesn't mean its extra "pressure." Most times when we brought a 5th person they would rush in the same gap as another player would already be in. I still think our team football intelligence is that great. From players and coaches.

Since when is bring 5 considered pressure. There's 5 O linemen. That's typical of their mindset; Constantly hedging. We NEVER force a team to beat us with their second best weapon because of this flawed mindset. You want pressure? Bring 6 or 7 or 8. They would never do that for fear of the big play. It goes against everything golden's "bend then eventually break" defense stands for.

Advertisement
Since when is bring 5 considered pressure. There's 5 O linemen. That's typical of their mindset; Constantly hedging. We NEVER force a team to beat us with their second best weapon because of this flawed mindset. You want pressure? Bring 6 or 7 or 8. They would never do that for fear of the big play. It goes against everything golden's "bend then eventually break" defense stands for.

Anything over 4 is considered "pressure".

Regardless...

You can create pressure by bringing only 5, but it's all in HOW you send them. Just sending them straight ahead into gaps isn't good enough, but if you can manipulate blocking schemes with creative pressures then a lot of times you don't need to bring more than 5.

Is it that our blitzes aren't effective? Could someone compare our scheme to similar 3-4 that is more aggressive? And should we factor in that our players are just not winning one on battles against better teams or blown assignments.

Advertisement
"I think he knows this D is going to be special so he's pounding his chest and resume."

literally can not wait to bump this thread when we are 6-6 and getting torched every week.

Advertisement
Back