Chase Smith Commits

If I'm Baker I'm scheming up a sub package for next year to have Chase Smith, James Williams, Avery Huff, Sam Brooks, Keontra Smith, Jalen Harrell & Kamren Kinchens all on the field at the same time.

We low key got like 3 Freakish Isaiah Simmons style athletes in terms of length, quick-twitch & explosiveness.

Absolutely insane man...
Absolutely!!! Similar to what Clemson was able to do against LSU in the first half of the final.

Advertisement
69277.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
High level Athlete, could legitimately play WR or LB at the P5 level.

Is a big 6'3 190lbs 4-star ATH with great explosiveness & lateral quickness. Was a highly productive WR at Bayside, had 50rec 716yds 8TD's on Offense & 72tcks 18TFL's 4INT's & 4 Defensive TD's.

He's going to play OLB/Striker for us, he's physically built & has terrific quick twitch explosion. Comes from great stock as Hurricane legend TE Willie Smith's son & his HC played CB for Manny Diaz at Miss St.

As an LB he actually reminds me of a Corey Lemonier/Emmanuel Lamur type in that he can be both a standup backer or pass rushing disruptive force that lives in the backfield. I think we'll have him playing as Hybrid both rushing the QB & coming up in support in the run game but also dropping back in coverage & covering TE's & RB's out the flat.

He's one of the most naturally gifted & explosive athletes we've recruited in a long time. He'll thrive in our system.

Athlete, athlete, athlete. That's all I kept thinking watching those highlights. He's one of those ultra rare recruits that could play half of the positions on the field. LB, S, TE, or WR. You get him on campus and figure it out.

Check out the coverage at 2:32. If they plan on using him at striker, that's exactly what he'll be asked to do and he did so flawlessly.

Man, love this pickup. Love it.

Absolutely!!! Similar to what Clemson was able to do against LSU in the first half of the final.
I don't know if Baker or Manny have the ingenuity, and I don't mean that as an insult necessarily. Manny and Baker are who they are (in Manny's case, a pretty decent defensive mind).

Would we have seen packages where GR, Phillips, and Roche would have been on the field at the same time for example? Manny's basically been the same guy since he became a coach, and truthfully, it's gotten him this far. Don't see much changing, but hopeful to see some new wrinkles and concepts. These Coastal OC's have this defense figured out. Doesn't mean they can beat it, but they definitely have cracked the code.

Advertisement
I appreciate the discussion points but am I the only that enjoys booty gifs more than will he/wont he? If so ignore me.

I don't know if Baker or Manny have the ingenuity, and I don't mean that as an insult necessarily. Manny and Baker are who they are (in Manny's case, a pretty decent defensive mind).

Would we have seen packages where GR, Phillips, and Roche would have been on the field at the same time for example? Manny's basically been the same guy since he became a coach, and truthfully, it's gotten him this far. Don't see much changing, but hopeful to see some new wrinkles and concepts. These Coastal OC's have this defense figured out. Doesn't mean they can beat it, but they definitely have cracked the code.
Dude. They wouldn’t have sht figured out of our offense had a pulse.

If I'm Baker I'm scheming up a sub package for next year to have Chase Smith, James Williams, Avery Huff, Sam Brooks, Keontra Smith, Jalen Harrell & Kamren Kinchens all on the field at the same time.

We low key got like 3 Freakish Isaiah Simmons style athletes in terms of length, quick-twitch & explosiveness.

Absolutely insane man...
Baker? Oh you mean the same guy that played patchman over GR15.
Don’t set yourself up to get hurt, man.

Advertisement
Congrats legacy...I believe for the first time since I’ve been on this site our staff is pretty much alignment with some of our credible posters on the kids we should be landing. Let’s hope manny and his staff turn those savages loose now. Play fast and violent, ole skool canes isht!!!

Love it when a Legacy kid deserves to be here... Kids bloodlines are phenomenal and usually means they are lifelong fans.

Hopefully means he has a very low chance of flipping and disrespecting the school.

This Defense for 2021 is LOADED...

WDE - Jahfari Harvey/ Quentin Williams/ Thomas Davis
DT - Jade Silvera/ Jordan Miller/Jason Blissett/ Jalar Holley/ Savion Collins
DT - Jared Harrison-Hunte/ Leonard Taylor/Elijah Roberts/ Allan Haye
SDE - Chantz Williams/ Cameron Williams/ Jabari Ishmael

Mike LB - Bradley Jennings Jr/ Corey Flagg/ Patrick Joyner Jr/ Deshawn Troutman
Will LB - Sam Brooks/ Avery Huff/ Waynmon Steed/ Tirek Austin-Cave/ Tyler Johnson

Striker - Gilbert Frierson/ Keontra Smith/ Chase Smith

Field CB - Al Blades/ Christian Williams/ Markevious Brown (hopefully)
Nickel CB - Te'Cory Couch/ Marcus Clarke/ Tim Burns Jr
Boundary CB - DJ Ivey/ Isaiah Dunson/ Malik Curtis

FS - Avantae Williams/ Jalen Harrell/ Kamren Kinchens
SS - Amari Carter/ Brian Balom/ James Williams/ Keshawn Washington

(I assume Gurvan & Bubba leave after the season & Amari will come back, Idk if they will, that's just my guess).

We are going to have a Defense filled with aggressive quick-twitch athletes who are multi-purpose multi-use style players that can absolutely get after the ball.

Team Defensive speed is on an uptick, we got some high powered athletically gifted velociraptors & our depth will be as strong as any program in the ACC.
You think we gonna be ready for bama???

Yeah - I don’t want Smith chasing slot WRs. Let him truly thrive at OLB.
I agree but I don't see the harm in letting him learn some of the nuances of the Striker position early on. His money position is obviously OLB but if that room ever got hit with the injury bug, he and Huff would be the most likely candidates to slide over there for spot duty in a pinch. Better than that awful McCloud Striker experiment. BJ and Steed coming on strong from their injuries provides the LB depth we need to allow him to spend time learning over there if they choose to go that route...

Advertisement
Back