Chase Ford's highlight film.

Advertisement
People overuse the term Greentree superstar, but this guy was the definition of it in 2010. Every practice he made two or three huge plays. There was a scout from the Bears who kept asking about him.

Pretty disappointing, but when you look back at that clip in retrospect he didn't show a ton of speed or power.

Makes me feel the same way I do when Martellus Bennett pulls his weekly bonehead move and my ears get red knowing that somewhere my friends are saying "TheSwagger1 told me this guy was a bad *** 5 years ago, this guy ******* sucks". I can't imagine a better example of a guy looking like a world beater in practice and then being incapable of doing anything in the same galaxy as 'positive' during a real game.

People overuse the term Greentree superstar, but this guy was the definition of it in 2010. Every practice he made two or three huge plays. There was a scout from the Bears who kept asking about him.

Pretty disappointing, but when you look back at that clip in retrospect he didn't show a ton of speed or power.

He still doesn't show alot of power.

Attachments

• BradCarpenter.jpg
    BradCarpenter.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33,905
Advertisement
I thought this thread was a joke. I was expecting to see an empty screen rolling!

Advertisement
Everyone knows he's soft, now its up to the coaches to get him off the field. Whatever happened to Asante Cleveland? Is he still hampered by injury?

When you pay closer attention to his film you will get some glimpses of why he's shown limited skills at UM. He blocks with a very high pad level. He runs mediocre routes. ****, a couple of his catches in that film he'd already given up on the route but caught the ball anyway. At the JC level you can get away with stuff if you're 6'6" & 240 lbs. At the D1 level you still have to fight for it.

When people use the cliche that there's no position for football player, this is the stuff they are talking about. Your pad level, the precision of your routes, and your determination to get the football are all things that require toughness and smarts. Being tall and fast sets you are apart physically, but if you aren't tough or smart, you still stink.

When you pay closer attention to his film you will get some glimpses of why he's shown limited skills at UM. He blocks with a very high pad level. He runs mediocre routes. ****, a couple of his catches in that film he'd already given up on the route but caught the ball anyway. At the JC level you can get away with stuff if you're 6'6" & 240 lbs. At the D1 level you still have to fight for it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
tells you all you need to know about the comedy show that was going on at the time they was even phucking up tight ends

Advertisement
Back