Chase Ford turning heads at East-West

Chucksta80

Junior
Same old ****:

Five On The Rise

The player of the morning practice was Chase Ford (TE Miami). The former Hurricane has an athletic looking basketball body and a set of long arms. He used those arms to grab a couple of highlight passes during the East's second session. One catch—shades of Tyrone Prothro—was over and behind the defender's head. Another catch was right on the sidelines and Ford managed to get both feet in bounds. He needs to be more consistent, but Ford put together a top-10 reel today and clearly has the talent.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-upfive-down-from-the-second-day-of-practices

Advertisement
Translating his Greentree All-American skills to the next level of practice.

Guy could never translate it to the field.

Here's more:

RT @McShay13: Miami TE Chase Ford, Coastal Car CB Josh Norman two unexpected standouts at EW Shrine so far. Ford is much better athlete than I realized

#Miami TE Chase Ford continues to impress, great feel finding soft spots, sneaky burst gettint the football, locates it quickly #shrinegame

Advertisement
Worst blocking TE I've seen in a long time. He the type of player you have to move around to be an effective blocker. You have to be somewhat creative with this guy, different angles, crack back etc. He will not blow anyone off the line straight up.

Advertisement
I don't think our tight ends were/are as bad as people made them out to be.

I am convinced a big factor in their lack of production was Jacory's inability to read the middle of the field.

Advertisement

I am convinced a big factor in their lack of production was Jacory's inability to read the middle of the field.

We've talked about that and that's definitely true, but Chase had a collection of some of the softest plays over the past few years. They stood out.

We've talked about that and that's definitely true, but Chase had a collection of some of the softest plays over the past few years. They stood out.
Agreed. Chase Ford couldn't block to save his life. **** he probably couldn't block a trade if he was the commissioner of a one man fantasy football league.

Advertisement

If my memory serves, his soft *** block on a 4th and 1 helped cost us the UVa game

Coaching wasn't the issue, he just wasn't motivated because coaches that coach up players is 100 percent myth. Players coach themselves up.

Soon as CHASE goes ham in the league what will u say then...he is gone no longer playing for us support the dude....and the 4th and 1 does not even matter we did noting after that or before the game

GO CANES

Advertisement
Back