Charlie Strong.....

You guys do realize though it's only his 2nd year right? So his first recruiting class are just sophomores. He was left a **** show when he got to Texas. Everyone Kees bringing up his "unlimited resources" not if you don't have the support from the big boosters and high schools coaches there which he hasn't had since he was hired. Now I admit I've wanted strong here and have soured on him a little as of late, but I think he would do much better here because Florida is what he knows and he would be supported here.

I know, neg away, BBB, and he's won nothing without teddy etc. He did a great job at Louisville and you don't forget to coach overnight. His coaching at Florida, SC, and Louisville speaks for itself.

I still don't understand how him knowing South Florida, which he never lived in or coached in btw, makes him better on the field????

Secondly, he would be even less supported here b/c 90% of the fan base would lose their minds if they hired him. It would be instantly toxic. I know for me, if that piece of garbage got hired I'd be paying for a banner the first effing game.

He recruited south Florida when he was at UF that's how he knows south Florida. He did the same thing at Louisville where he had 11 and 12 win seasons including a sugar bowl win. Say all u want about him beating a muschamp Florida team, but the fact is that Florida team almost played for the national title.

OK, so what were his major gets out of South Florida? Major Wright? Dorian Monroe? Who else? He was at UF for 7 years for goodness sake. Who did you recruit?
Also, anyone that made their name recruiting South FLorida when Larry and Shannon were manning the SOuth Florida gates should have an asterisk after their name.
He had more success recruiting SFL when he was at UL, but that was due to his #1 bag man Clint Hurtt.

Advertisement
Texas class rankings:
2014: 24
2013: 2
2012: 2
2011: 3

And Strong had nothing when he got there really?

Lol the 2011 and 2012 class would all be redshirt juniors and seniors, so they would've been there for his first season last year. A ton of transfers etc. he had nothing when he got there. Then you factor in Baylor, a&m, and tcu.

Are you saying that upperclassmen from top5 classes are somehow holding him back? And one class somehow negates 3 years worth of talent?

There is a universal truth that I have discovered about college coaching:

If you go to a major major program and need "a few years to get their guys there before they can win" it means they aren't a good coach. It's the same exact thing that people said about Randy, Al, Hoke, Rich Rod, Muschamp, and on and on and on.

Advertisement
Back