Charlie Strong.....

MERS.jpg

Next.

Advertisement
You guys do realize though it's only his 2nd year right? So his first recruiting class are just sophomores. He was left a **** show when he got to Texas. Everyone Kees bringing up his "unlimited resources" not if you don't have the support from the big boosters and high schools coaches there which he hasn't had since he was hired. Now I admit I've wanted strong here and have soured on him a little as of late, but I think he would do much better here because Florida is what he knows and he would be supported here.

I know, neg away, BBB, and he's won nothing without teddy etc. He did a great job at Louisville and you don't forget to coach overnight. His coaching at Florida, SC, and Louisville speaks for itself.

Yes, that's right.
One helluva of a DC.

He was HC at Louisville and 2nd, everyone on this board keeps saying he can't coach defense either cause Texas' is so bad. So which is it? He can coach defense or he can't? He screwed up his OC hire at Texas and if he were to be hired here is something he would have to get right.

crazy to me that he's been this bad! The UL team he coach that destroyed us in the bowl game seemed like a very well coached team that played with passion and a chip on their shoulder.....

That must've been the only time that you watched those UofL teams! They always were in close games that should've been blowouts! Terrible!

you are correct....I didn't watch them play. Only watched him tear Golden's **** at the RAB.

And don't get why he's so heralded as a recruiter, cause he never beat out anyone for a big time recruit. He just got lucky when Radio left and was able to scoop up Teddy and a couple other stragglers

You guys do realize though it's only his 2nd year right? So his first recruiting class are just sophomores. He was left a **** show when he got to Texas. Everyone Kees bringing up his "unlimited resources" not if you don't have the support from the big boosters and high schools coaches there which he hasn't had since he was hired. Now I admit I've wanted strong here and have soured on him a little as of late, but I think he would do much better here because Florida is what he knows and he would be supported here.

I know, neg away, BBB, and he's won nothing without teddy etc. He did a great job at Louisville and you don't forget to coach overnight. His coaching at Florida, SC, and Louisville speaks for itself.

I still don't understand how him knowing South Florida, which he never lived in or coached in btw, makes him better on the field????

Secondly, he would be even less supported here b/c 90% of the fan base would lose their minds if they hired him. It would be instantly toxic. I know for me, if that piece of garbage got hired I'd be paying for a banner the first effing game.

Advertisement

I still don't understand how him knowing South Florida, which he never lived in or coached in btw, makes him better on the field????

Secondly, he would be even less supported here b/c 90% of the fan base would lose their minds if they hired him. It would be instantly toxic. I know for me, if that piece of garbage got hired I'd be paying for a banner the first effing game.

He recruited south Florida when he was at UF that's how he knows south Florida. He did the same thing at Louisville where he had 11 and 12 win seasons including a sugar bowl win. Say all u want about him beating a muschamp Florida team, but the fact is that Florida team almost played for the national title.

He recruited south Florida when he was at UF that's how he knows south Florida. He did the same thing at Louisville where he had 11 and 12 win seasons including a sugar bowl win. Say all u want about him beating a muschamp Florida team, but the fact is that Florida team almost played for the national title.

Huh? So any assistant that recruited kids in South Florida is someone who "knows south florida"???? And this is your reasoning to hire a 4-8 coach who is going to be fired from Texas??????

Huh? So any assistant that recruited kids in South Florida is someone who "knows south florida"???? And this is your reasoning to hire a 4-8 coach who is going to be fired from Texas??????

He knows south Florida, that's a fact and you're a dumnass if you don't know that. That's not my reasoning at all, my reasoning if you read my post is all the success he's had in the past. This includes his history of recruiting south Florida, that a plus. I see your reading comprehension needs some work.

He knows south Florida, that's a fact and you're a dumnass if you don't know that. That's not my reasoning at all, my reasoning if you read my post is all the success he's had in the past. This includes his history of recruiting south Florida, that a plus. I see your reading comprehension needs some work.

So what he did at a lower division school is more relevant than what he did at a Power-5 school? How does that work?

Advertisement

So what he did at a lower division school is more relevant than what he did at a Power-5 school? How does that work?

He has had 1 recruiting class at Texas. 1. And was left a **** show. So all the players he's brought in are sophomores. He screwed up his OC hire.

He has had 1 recruiting class at Texas. 1. And was left a **** show. So all the players he's brought in are sophomores. He screwed up his OC hire.

He has had 2 classes and was left a team capable of winning 8 games.

This is his 2nd class so he hasn't had 2 classes. Ok keep thinking that Texas team he was left with could win 8 games. The team he inherited was beyond terrible.

Advertisement
So why is his current recruiting class dogsh*t? Dude is done. Texas should rip off the band aid the same way Miami should have last year with Golden. It's clear that it isn't working. Won't work in Miami either.

Texas class rankings:
2014: 24
2013: 2
2012: 2
2011: 3

And Strong had nothing when he got there really?

Yeah, he came into a better situation at UT than he did at Lville. He just didn't get an nfl qb or play against conference usa.

As far as defense, I don't know what happened. I thought he was solid at UF and his Lville teams were fast and aggressive. Not seeing it at Texas.

If Les Miles comes up, I think they'll make a move. He's a Mack Brown level guy... 10 wins most years with a few title runs sprinkled in.

Advertisement

This is his 2nd class so he hasn't had 2 classes. Ok keep thinking that Texas team he was left with could win 8 games. The team he inherited was beyond terrible.

They were highly rated recruits. If Baylor and TCU can do what they do with the UT scraps I think it is safe to say UT should be doing better. he had 4 weeks to recruit his first class at Texas, Yes it is short but it was his class.

For all the talk about lack of booster support and the other excuses everyone loves to throw out there, explain this:

Why did Chris Warren get more carries in the Texas Tech game than he did in the previous 10 games combined? Why was such a talented player left waiting in the wings with less than 20 carries through 10 games, while a far less talented senior ran for 4.0 YPC on 120+ attempts as a focal point of a broken offense?

Boosters had nothing to do with that. That wasn't Mack Brown's fault. Politics weren't in play either. It was Charlie Strong egregiously misusing personnel because he doesn't have a clue what he's doing offensively.

Texas class rankings:
2014: 24
2013: 2
2012: 2
2011: 3

And Strong had nothing when he got there really?

Lol the 2011 and 2012 class would all be redshirt juniors and seniors, so they would've been there for his first season last year. A ton of transfers etc. he had nothing when he got there. Then you factor in Baylor, a&m, and tcu.

They were highly rated recruits. If Baylor and TCU can do what they do with the UT scraps I think it is safe to say UT should be doing better. he had 4 weeks to recruit his first class at Texas, Yes it is short but it was his class.

4 weeks? That's nothing. These coaching have been building relationships and recruiting kids for years. That doesn't matter though. His first class is all sophomores, you need time to build up a program when it was left in shambles.

Advertisement
Back