Charlie Strong

Texas can keep Charlie Strong.

Not a good head football coach. His Louisville record was total smoke and mirrors.

I would rather keep Al Golden.
The dumbest comment ever I would take herbstreit over our clown coach . Charlie strong would be a monster at Miami .

Al Golden is the worst corch we have ever had.

But Cholly Weak is a joke.

Forgive me if i am wrong...but didn't Cholly Weak tapdance all over Folden? 36-9 in a laffer....

Advertisement
All that talent, 1st round QB and couldn't beat UCONN, Cuse and UCF. 2 at home. Only 1 of those wins was a top 25 team, UF in the bowl game.

Don't understand the Strong hype.

Gary Patterson couldn't beat teams like Cincinnati, East Carolina, SMU, BYU and Utah. It took him a decade to break through to the next level.

Does that mean he can't coach with the big boys? Of course not.

Strong built dominant defenses at his last three stops. He inherited a 4-win Louisville team and left it as a 12-win team. That's a track record. Like every coach with a track record, he deserves more than two years to build his program.

Charlie Strong is not on one of my top lists, but if you have to defend him, this is perhaps the best argument as Patterson wasn't an instant
hit at TCU. In fact, he was somewhat on the hot-seat for a couple of years after Franchione left.
Of course, naysayers will point out that stature wise, TCU fifteen years ago is not comparable to the UofTexas.

TCU is comparable to Louisville though

All that talent, 1st round QB and couldn't beat UCONN, Cuse and UCF. 2 at home. Only 1 of those wins was a top 25 team, UF in the bowl game.

Gary Patterson couldn't beat teams like Cincinnati, East Carolina, SMU, BYU and Utah. It took him a decade to break through to the next level.

Strong built dominant defenses at his last three stops. He inherited a 4-win Louisville team and left it as a 12-win team. That's a track record. Like every coach with a track record, he deserves more than two years to build his program.

Will you please tell us what you think his record ends up being this year and then reiterate that he'll still deserve and get another year? Again, I don't see too many more wins to add to that 1 he has already for this defensive genius that let that vaunted Rice offense do as it pleased. If Strong was actually what you're describing then he'd have at least patched together a respectable D by now as he builds another unit that'll "revolutionize" the game.

Screenshot_2015-09-21-21-56-24-1.jpg

Advertisement
Texas can keep Charlie Strong.

Not a good head football coach. His Louisville record was total smoke and mirrors.

I would rather keep Al Golden.
The dumbest comment ever I would take herbstreit over our clown coach . Charlie strong would be a monster at Miami .

Al Golden is the worst corch we have ever had.

But Cholly Weak is a joke.

Forgive me if i am wrong...but didn't Cholly Weak tapdance all over Folden? 36-9 in a laffer....

So that makes him good enough to be the right head coach for Miami? Aim higher fellas

Charlie Strong is not on one of my top lists, but if you have to defend him, this is perhaps the best argument as Patterson wasn't an instant
hit at TCU. In fact, he was somewhat on the hot-seat for a couple of years after Franchione left.
Of course, naysayers will point out that stature wise, TCU fifteen years ago is not comparable to the UofTexas.

This is a funny thread. New coach and coaching style, yet Texas continues to have the same problem. They recruit a certain way and a certain type of player (many players who often peak too early). They keep throwing money and presumed Xs and Os expertise at their problem. They have a fundamental organizational problem: their culture (traditional and rigid) limits their competitive advantage (resources, access to talent).

Like has been noted somewhere else in this thread, they recruit highly ranked classes who - surprise, surprise - end up being relatively disappointing when it's their time to be judged by the NFL.

Lu, can you explain what you mean by Texas being too rigid and how their culture is at issue?

Advertisement

Will you please tell us what you think his record ends up being this year and then reiterate that he'll still deserve and get another year? Again, I don't see too many more wins to add to that 1 he has already for this defensive genius that let that vaunted Rice offense do as it pleased. If Strong was actually what you're describing then he'd have at least patched together a respectable D by now as he builds another unit that'll "revolutionize" the game.

View attachment 31907

It's not looking good for them. I see at least 4 garuented loses with 2 more possible. This could be a 2-9 season SMH, no coach will survive that in Texas.

Lu, can you explain what you mean by Texas being too rigid and how their culture is at issue?

The way they've recruited in the past. They recruit prospects who are closer to being finished. For some time, it's seemed to me that they don't see "what can be" of players and systems. Everyone f'in fails there. At some point, is it the Xs and Os and coaches, or something deeper?

Advertisement
Back