Charlie Strong

ball915

All-American
strips OC of play calling duties and hands them off to new guy on staff after 38-3 loss to ND. Have mixed emotions about it but there is a head coach with balls that isn't satisfied with losing and takes action. Meanwhile, we hear about clouds, wind, night games, etc. Texas administration also puts a boat load of pressure to win which we don't have at Miami and why you see changes being made by Strong. The guy that he stripped from play calling was his boy at Louisville with him....sound familiar?

Advertisement
people think golden is on a hot seat now. If strong has another loss or two like that, he’s gone. He did this to save his job

Advertisement
people think golden is on a hot seat now. If strong has another loss or two like that, he’s gone. He did this to save his job

it would be madness to fire a guy before the end of his second season. **** it would be pretty dumb not give strong at least 3 years

Texas won't have a problem attracting candidates, but they have to let the coaches get their feet wet

strips OC of play calling duties and hands them off to new guy on staff after 38-3 loss to ND. Have mixed emotions about it but there is a head coach with balls that isn't satisfied with losing and takes action. Meanwhile, we hear about clouds, wind, night games, etc. Texas administration also puts a boat load of pressure to win which we don't have at Miami and why you see changes being made by Strong. The guy that he stripped from play calling was his boy at Louisville with him....sound familiar?

Wait, didn't everyone want this dude here??? Too funny. He is just a kid without his Teddy!

Golden's been getting his dlck kicked in the dirt for 4 years and hasn't changed shlt.

Go figure.

Advertisement

Wait, didn't everyone want this dude here??? Too funny. He is just a kid without his Teddy!

It's funny how Teddy was clowned on these boards when he was at Louisville and now he was Strong's savior.

it would be madness to fire a guy before the end of his second season. **** it would be pretty dumb not give strong at least 3 years

Texas won't have a problem attracting candidates, but they have to let the coaches get their feet wet

I think Texas already sees the error in their hire. No idea why they went after Strong and why he left Louisville. He's not a championship caliber coach, not sure why he gets so much love on these boards.

Advertisement

I think Texas already sees the error in their hire. No idea why they went after Strong and why he left Louisville. He's not a championship caliber coach, not sure why he gets so much love on these boards.

The jury is still out on Strong. I am with you in saying I never though he was a great coach. I think he lived off the coat tails of Teddy B and some good defensive finds from SoFl. He did well at Louisville for a few yrs and used it to make a boat load of money from Texas. He made the right decision financially. IMO, he needs top notch OC/DC to be successful.

I'll add that it doesn't help that most of their "people" at Texas don't want him there.

I certainly ageee with you. They shouldn't fire him be before the second season. It wouldn't make and sense.and they most likely won't. But that being said, it's Texas and many of those boosters didn't want him there to begin with. I'm just saying if it were ever to happen at a school I would understand it being Texas. I don't think it

I mean what coach strips their offensive coordinator of play calling after one game (against a top 10 team). Maybe others have but none that come to mind for me. In my opinion whether it was for me his job or just to quiet critics it seems like there was outside motivation for that

Advertisement
Don't be like Ped State. Don't let the Canes ruin your day.

Firing Day is 83 away.

[video=youtube;uy7LgzSiQFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy7LgzSiQFg[/video]

I was at this game. Have to say, that the Ped State student body = bunch of azzholes.

All the pressure in the world hasn't made texas good in 10+ years....playcalling change now isn't going to help and it's pretty obvious Strong can't recruit without his bag boy cling hurt. Dude can't even put a decent class together at Texas with unlimited resources.

so you think Charlie is in Charge.....Oh Okay

Exactly. The one big difference is that Strong holds NO SWAY with the Texas administration. They can buy him out with loose bills found in the cushions of the conference room chairs over there. Our BOT is cheap and AG knows it.

Advertisement
Back