Charlie Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
For those who are doubting...ill give you a taste of who my Source may be.

I am ******...and am friends with a relative of a ****** BOT.

I'll leave it at that.
Like I said. Have you ever broken anything before?

You just magically appeared with info that is at complete odds with another poster, that seems a lot more credible.

This board man

I know Clint since his freshman year here. He can coach but the other side of his dealings are not to be repeated.

Fair enough, I do not know him personally. I just know he has been highly regarded by many people in coaching and for that reason he has almost seemingly had his career forced into a positive position.

Can't say that for many other minority coaches.

Like I said. Have you ever broken anything before?

You just magically appeared with info that is at complete odds with another poster, that seems a lot more credible.

This board man

You have the right to question.....I am just passing along info. I didn't say he was going to be the coach.

I'm just outlying the type we will be looking for and his name is the only one that stood out to me that hasn't been discussed yet.

Advertisement
You have the right to question.....I am just passing along info. I didn't say he was going to be the coach.

I'm just outlying the type we will be looking for and his name is the only one that stood out to me that hasn't been discussed yet.
then how does Strong fit that mould? He hasn't been successful anywhere but Louisville. And even that was on the back of a NFL QB.

Blake Anderson would be a lb for lb worse hire than Golden and even Diaz. He has no business even being mentioned in this conversation.

Ok I'll bite - what's the word on Mario

then how does Strong fit that mould? He hasn't been successful anywhere but Louisville. And even that was on the back of a NFL QB.

Blake Anderson would be a lb for lb worse hire than Golden and even Diaz. He has no business even being mentioned in this conversation.

Ok I'll bite - what's the word on Mario

I already discussed how he fits the mold of the coaching search in this post.

In regards to Mario:
Mario fits the mold of what we are looking for, but I'm not a fan and also don't think it will happen. Oregon is pouring $$ into that program right now at an alarming rate and Nike will make sure to not allow us to get him(personal opinion).

When he by default wins the PAC-12 again they will anoint him King of Eugene. He's a big fish in a small pond there. If we were to get Mario we would have to give up everything under the sun (including a buyout that would resemble Bobby Bonilla's contract).

Again, I think it will be lane Kiffin. He also fits the mold.

Again, I think it will be lane Kiffin

praying-praying-for-you.gif

With NIL now, worrying about the bagman is silly. I’d have though Hurt was crazy ever since his show cause but not anymore provided it’s DC/DL coach.

What actually makes more sense in this entire thread, and I know it would be universally rejected because he has no prior HC experience but Hurtt as a head coach candidate could be interesting (though another risky hire due to no prior HC experience). But, the guy has now 8 years of NFL experience and is thought highly enough as second in command in Seattle despite also being DL coach. That means he’s been training as a pseudo-CEO under a guy like Carroll.

But Strong is about ten years late to the party. No thank you.

Advertisement
I wouldnt have a problem with Kiffin as HC and Skrong as DC.

If we got

Tom Jurich as AD
Kiffin as HC
Skrong as DC

I might start to believe again
I’m already having wet dreams

No because when lane jumps ship like he always does our idiot board will promote strong to HC

Advertisement
I’m already having wet dreams

Jurich would try to bring in Pitino for basketball (and guarantee if was offered he would accept) . You really couldn't ask for more in football and basketball.

Advertisement
Bill Clark has been discussed on here and is a name to watch for for interviews.

I was just naming names that haven't been brought up here yet.
I know Bill Clark a bit from his days at JSU. Amazing coach but man I don't think he wants anything to do with Miami as a city or culture. If he moves up from UAB it will be to an SEC or maaaaybe Big 12 or tobacco road type school. Bill is country through and through.

Last edited:
No because when lane jumps ship like he always does our idiot board will promote strong to HC
A new AD and maybe we wouldn't have to worry about something like that. I don't mind if we get coaches that move on to the NFL, and we replace with guys that have those aspirations. I do realize that does create potential issues with hiring, increasing the odds of a bad hire. If guys are winning here big time and move on, I'm cool with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back