Charlie Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lmao. All you have to do now a days is start a rumor and look at the response you get. This board is dead

One of the names I've heard that may be considered as a HC option.

The basis is that his South Florida ties would immediately remedy the issues of players leaving the area due to his relationships and he will come at the right price for Miami.

Also was said Clint Hurtt would be coming along with him from Seattle if it happens.

Don't shoot the messenger!
That would be the nail in our coffin.

It's my B-Day and this is the F-ing news I get.....Jesus Charlie Strong Christ....
Happy Birthday!
outback steakhouse beer GIF by Outback Brasil

Advertisement
I wonder if his dad has ever chewed him out for being so bad on defense. It’s ridiculous.

So in 2016, a season before his arrival, FAU literally had THE worst defense in cfb (128 out of 128) under Charlie Partridge. Dead last in nearly every defensive metric.

Kiffin arrived in 2017, they went from 128th to 85th, still bad but that is 43 spot improvement, which is a huge jump. They also finished 11-3, so the weak D didn't hurt them that much (a slightly better D might have been the difference against Buffalo, where they lost 34-31, would have finished 12-2).

In 2018, it was also an 85th ranked D. So no improvement, but he clearly didn't think that was good enough as he fired the DC.

In 2019 he had the #23 defense in the country. Yes, that is correct, a Lane Kiffin team fielded a top 25 defense two seasons ago.

He's 200% an offensive minded coach. If he has a good DC, he can have a good defense. Its happened before. (which brings me back to Charlie Skrong - I think he's a good DC. Kiffin + Skrong would be a **** good pairing) .

One thing to keep in mind, his offenses run a ludicrous amount of plays per game. I think they ran over 100+ plays against Tennessee. The more points you score (and his offenses are usually some of the most prolific in cfb) the more the D will come onto the field. Statistically they may not look great, but the opposing offense might have had seven or eight additional possessions a game. That gives the opposing O a lot of extra scoring opportunities plus makes Kiffins defense tired.

Advertisement
@ddann whoever u are u must have a lot of time on ur hands seeing how u went to all of my post & disliked dem. Ur a real klown 4 Dat one! But u got the right one on the right day or the wrong one on the wrong day. However u want to put it! But stop playing wit me! I don’t play these message board games! If u don’t like my post then put me on ignore wit ur lame ***! Oh & one more time for u… JESUS CHRIST 😂😂😂😂😂

Lmao...

Yall know **** well our BOT ain’t hiring Charlie Strong.

The next HC here will be a former Cane, whether it’s Mario or someone else...

But bet the house on it, the next HC will be a former Cane.

@ddann whoever u are u must have a lot of time on ur hands seeing how u went to all of my post & disliked dem. Ur a real klown 4 Dat one! But u got the right one on the right day or the wrong one on the wrong day. However u want to put it! But stop playing wit me! I don’t play these message board games! If u don’t like my post then put me on ignore wit ur lame ***! Oh & one more time for u… JESUS CHRIST 😂😂😂😂😂

For some reason every time you post "Jesus Christ", it makes me think you are Mr. Slave from Southpark.

mr-slave-jesuschrist.gif

Randy Shannon 3.0 How many times do we have to hire a guy with ties to S. Fl to know that won't make him successful?

Oh, but wait, Clint Hurt you say? Nevin Shapiro's buddy? Oh please get us even more sanctions, please.
It’s the strangest part of it. We have this inherent need to try and recreate the past by hiring past players and coaches that we say fit with the culture and yet we’ve never succeeded with one of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Speak it into existence, LCE!!!! Come to the Dark Side - Mario, Mario, Mario

darth vader GIF
Lol, Never.

I’m gonna be the only one on this board that doesn’t want a bunch of former Canes to be our coach or on staff & I’m perfectly okay with it...

For yall sake I really hope I’m wrong, but IMO this is going to turn into a classic “be careful what you wish for” situation.

Lol, Never.

I’m gonna be the only one on this board that doesn’t want a bunch of former Canes to be our coach or on staff & I’m perfectly okay with it...

For yall sake I really hope I’m wrong, but IMO this is going to turn into a classic “be careful what you wish for” situation.
Nah man Im with you!!!!! Although Im not as anti-Mario as you. I am in agreement that the whole “he’s a Cane so he gets it” motto is annoying and short sighted. They be mad at Blake for giving ppl who aren’t qualified postition but be ready to name Ed Reed HC and Reggie Wayne the Offensive Coordinator

This fanbase was obsessed with him when we thought we were getting a DC. Only a matter of time before they couldn’t help themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back