Charlie Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah man Im with you!!!!! Although Im not as anti-Mario as you. I am in agreement that the whole “he’s a Cane so he gets it” motto is annoying and short sighted. They be mad at Blake for giving ppl who aren’t qualified postition but be ready to name Ed Reed HC and Reggie Wayne the Offensive Coordinator
But see, I am not calling for any of that. Only Mario. I whole heartedly believe he would really be good here.

I am not calling for Reggie, Dorsey, etc. I would be fine with a Freeze, Kiffin, Napier, some others.

Advertisement
Lol, Never.

I’m gonna be the only one on this board that doesn’t want a bunch of former Canes to be our coach or on staff & I’m perfectly okay with it...

For yall sake I really hope I’m wrong, but IMO this is going to turn into a classic “be careful what you wish for” situation.
I assure you, you will have company.

Nah man Im with you!!!!! Although Im not as anti-Mario as you. I am in agreement that the whole “he’s a Cane so he gets it” motto is annoying and short sighted. They be mad at Blake for giving ppl who aren’t qualified postition but be ready to name Ed Reed HC and Reggie Wayne the Offensive Coordinator
They have this dream that the former players and coaches can resurrect the past despite having nothing to suggest they can.

Last edited:
But see, I am not calling for any of that. Only Mario. I whole heartedly believe he would really be good here.

I am not calling for Reggie, Dorsey, etc. I would be fine with a Freeze, Kiffin, Napier, some others.
Nah not you specifically fam. I think Mario can do well here

Last edited:
lol somebody in Miami AD is sniffing out a leak and threw out Strong's name to see where it landed. op wont be coming out with anymore insider info, he's gonna get cut off.

Advertisement
Fair enough, I do not know him personally. I just know he has been highly regarded by many people in coaching and for that reason he has almost seemingly had his career forced into a positive position.

Can't say that for many other minority coaches.
I agree that he's an excellent coach - he should stay in the pro ranks where payments are okay.

1634929300279.gif

CHARLIE WRONG !

Advertisement
So this isn’t an option in the future? Might get a discount!!! Seeing how we like deals at UM might mean the opposite

Advertisement
Remember when UF didnt hire him because he wasnt........qualified.

Advertisement
One of the names I've heard that may be considered as a HC option.

The basis is that his South Florida ties would immediately remedy the issues of players leaving the area due to his relationships and he will come at the right price for Miami.

Also was said Clint Hurtt would be coming along with him from Seattle if it happens.

Don't shoot the messenger!
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back