Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Advertisement
Appreciate it. I am not taking a stand one way or another on this one. For all I know he is the next Jeff Ulbrich. I just was hoping to hear some respected posters on here say "he was a great LB coach on the Jags" or something like that. As opposed to "its grand slam because we got an Ex HC to take a lower position".

Well, I will say that despite that crap season Jax had, two of the LBs (Jack & Wilson) were bright spots on the def. They led the team in tackles w/ 108 & 106 respectively.

I would argue if Wilson played for a playoff team, he would’ve been a pro bowler. He’s also a journeymen LB, & this was by far his best yr. So there’s that.

Well, I will say that despite that crap season Jax had, two of the LBs (Jack & Wilson) were bright spots on the def. They led the team in tackles w/ 108 & 106 respectively.

I would argue if Wilson played for a playoff team, he would’ve been a pro bowler. He’s also a journeymen LB, & this was by far his best yr. So there’s that.
i don’t know much about the details but look at his resume. He’s coached linebackers many times in his long career as a coach. I don’t think we need to worry about him.

Bro. WTF fight lands and I get this news.

I’m so hype. I was thinking we might be in for a rebuild with out roster. But the things Mario is doing with the coaching hires makes me think Mario wants to win……NOW.

Im expecting us to hit the portal hard. I think it may hit us hard. We might come out the portal with 2 LBs, 2 CBS, 2 OL, 1 DT, and 2 DEs that can start.

Let’s see all the movement this off season. If the roster stays as is……I still think 8-4. But if we hit this portal for some guys that are starting caliber. We can probably hit 10 wins

Advertisement
Ha! Quick story. I remember when I was around 14 or so, I’d buy and drink zimas…since I was about 6”2 at that age, I never got carded. My mom eventually caught on to my **** when she kept finding the empty bottles in my room and she freaked. When she told my pops, he said “oh, baby- Zima?!? Lol. that **** ain’t nuthin’ but a “souped up sprite”…leave the boy B”. He winked at me…and I became a man that day….well…sort of, lol🤷🏾‍♂️

****, aren't Zima's a national treasure?

Bro. WTF fight lands and I get this news.

I’m so hype. I was thinking we might be in for a rebuild with out roster. But the things Mario is doing with the coaching hires makes me think Mario wants to win……NOW.

Im expecting us to hit the portal hard. I think it may hit us hard. We might come out the portal with 2 LBs, 2 CBS, 2 OL, 1 DT, and 2 DEs that can start.

Let’s see all the movement this off season. If the roster stays as is……I still think 8-4. But if we hit this portal for some guys that are starting caliber. We can probably hit 10 wins
8-10 wins is the target barring major injuries.

Say no more Rell Appreciate it.

Advertisement
season 2 manga GIF by Funimation

Meanwhile UF staff being assembled.
Ah! Love the “abnormals”….

Advertisement
Brandon Spikes at Florida off the top of my head, being highly rated or not doesn’t mean anything. We have had plenty of highly rated guys come through just to be a jag. I also wouldn’t expect many diamonds in the rough with this staff.
I don't expect us to get any diamond in the rough guys, but seeing someone develop a lower rated player into a monster is a good sign for a coach. Like what Ponce did at App st.

You are correct, but we also had some very highly rated guys, that were corched up and still became NFL players. If anyone was closely paying attention to UF in the mid to late 00s and saw there LB room get better and better, than that would be very promising. IMO. Other posters have said the LB room at Jaxonville was the shining spot on the roster though, so that is good enough for me.

Also, Urban hired him as an LB coach last year and Urban is not hiring scrubs. So that is another + for me.

I don't expect us to get any diamond in the rough guys, but seeing someone develop a lower rated player into a monster is a good sign for a coach. Like what Ponce did at App st.

You are correct, but we also had some very highly rated guys, that were corched up and still became NFL players. If anyone was closely paying attention to UF in the mid to late 00s and saw there LB room get better and better, than that would be very promising. IMO. Other posters have said the LB room at Jaxonville was the shining spot on the roster though, so that is good enough for me.

Also, Urban hired him as an LB coach last year and Urban is not hiring scrubs. So that is another + for me.
He was coaching linebackers along with being DC at Florida under Meyer. I believe turning 5.1 40 yard dash Spikes into a first team all American speaks volumes and gives dare I say Flagg hope 😂

Advertisement
He was coaching linebackers along with being DC at Florida under Meyer. I believe turning 5.1 40 yard dash Spikes into a first team all American speaks volumes and gives dare I say Flagg hope 😂
Yup, that is why when I saw Urban hired him again last year as the LB coach, it made me more confident in the pick. Urban would know whether he was good or not, and wouldn't hire him if he wasn't at least pretty good.

Yup, that is why when I saw Urban hired him again last year as the LB coach, it made me more confident in the pick. Urban would know whether he was good or not, and wouldn't hire him if he wasn't at least pretty good.
I personally think he was brought in more for recruiting than coaching. I think Steele and Strong will both coach linebackers, but Strong with his ties in Florida and his track record of studs in all areas of the defense, leads me to believe he will assist in dline recruiting and secondary (esp dline)

I personally think he was brought in more for recruiting than coaching. I think Steele and Strong will both coach linebackers, but Strong with his ties in Florida and his track record of studs in all areas of the defense, leads me to believe he will assist in dline recruiting and secondary (esp dline)
I noticed that, that most of his position coaching in the past was with the DL. That could be a great idea if we have Salave and strong work together on the DL and steel and strong work on the LBs.

Advertisement
Back