Charlie Skrong and Texas: That Was Fun While It Lasted!

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
And so begins the return to reality. It commenced last night by giving up fitty to mighty Cal and will continue with a 3 game losing streak to unimpressive Oklahoma State and a mediocre Oklahoma team. Let's dust off that Texas coaching search machine! Things gonna get nasty in Austin!

Attachments

• 20160918_075431.jpg
    20160918_075431.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20160918_080414.jpg
    20160918_080414.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Advertisement
but, but, but didn't you hear Texas was "back" after beating ND.

Two programs who have no excuse for not being exceptional every-****-year with all their resources are Tex & Uif.

but, but, but didn't you hear Texas was "back" after beating ND.

Two programs who have no excuse for not being exceptional every-****-year with all their resources are Tex & Uif.

Yep. Loved the instant skyrocket into almost a top 10 ranking. Bit premature, eh? I almost throw USC into your categorization of Texas and UiF too. Just based on money and location- despite their 20 year "cloud".

one word
HERMAN
he will be, to start next season, the highest paid college football coach in America.

Advertisement
You have to believe the higher ups and boosters are getting the money bags ready to make a push for Herman.

I called this yesterday and [MENTION=14978]KrazyCane[/MENTION] laughed at me for saying Texas would lose..

Won some money in the process, I knew Texas would fold under strong. He is a great recruiter but a terrible game day coach. They are never inspired

That notre Dame win will look worse and worse the more notre Dame loses

one word
HERMAN
he will be, to start next season, the highest paid college football coach in America.

Wouldn't be surprising in the slightest as Houston actually won't go without a fight (an unwinnable one but a fight nonetheless) and will drive his price to astronomical levels. The $4 mil we're paying for a head coach, OC & program CEO is going to look more and more like the greatest value in college football if Rick is what we think he'll be here.

I called this yesterday and [MENTION=14978]KrazyCane[/MENTION] laughed at me for saying Texas would lose..

Won some money in the process, I knew Texas would fold under strong. He is a great recruiter but a terrible game day coach. They are never inspired

A Charlie Strong Coached Louisville team looked very inspired when they stomped us out during that bowl game, and the Gators the year before that in the Sugar Bowl. They scored 43 points yesterday, I wouldn't call a 50-43 lost uninspired.

Advertisement

A Charlie Strong Coached Louisville team looked very inspired when they stomped us out during that bowl game, and the Gators the year before that in the Sugar Bowl. They scored 43 points yesterday, I wouldn't call a 50-43 lost uninspired.
1)i was at that game here in Orlando so I know believe me. Tedy surely helped

2) you conveniently left out :

They lost to ND 38-3 last year
They lost to TCU 50-7 last year
THEY LOST TO IOWA STATE 24-0 LAST YEAR.. Are you kidding me

Lost 38-20 to West Virginia last year

They were 5-7

It's one things to lose games..its another to never stand a chance and get embarrassed, they got embarrassed all year. If he loses anything like last year then he's gone

Why do people make so many excuses for this clown he's terrible. They had no reason for jumping to #11 after beating an average notre Dame team. Don't let the ranking fool you they are still bad

Last edited:
Rumor last year when Strong speculation was fire/not fire...or is he jumping/not jumping...

Texas BOT we reviewing a package for Saban and staff that was in $10M/yr range...

Let that number sink in...$10M/yr...

That is beyond insanity...even for D1P5 mental illness...

Advertisement
Herman has something to prove man.

Wouldn't be surprised if he sees this as an opportunity to make Houston the preeminent football power in the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were 5-7

It's one things to lose games..its another to never stand a chance and get embarrassed, they got embarrassed all year. If he loses anything like last year then he's gone

Why do people make so many excuses for this clown he's terrible. They had no reason for jumping to #11 after beating an average notre Dame team. Don't let the ranking fool you they are still bad

I don't think they are a top ten team at all, the talent isn't there, but he's a good coach who is currently having a bad stint at a program that expects to win now…..ah well.

They were 5-7

I don't think they are a top ten team at all, the talent isn't there, but he's a good coach who is currently having a bad stint at a program that expects to win now…..ah well.
Well we can agree there. I think he had a lot of things going for him at Louisville... Like not having to play any Competition except for mighty Rutgers and ucf and losing to ucf when ranked high. Not to mention he had Bridgewater

It's different now and I'm only passionate about it because ppl wanted him here so badly. I'm thankful he isn't anywhere near our program

Advertisement
Rumor last year when Strong speculation was fire/not fire...or is he jumping/not jumping...

Texas BOT we reviewing a package for Saban and staff that was in $10M/yr range...

Let that number sink in...$10M/yr...

That is beyond insanity...even for D1P5 mental illness...

It's really not insane at all. Some of these programs make 40-50M + in margin for the school. Seeing how important coaching is, it's really not unreasonable to say that a guy like Saban or Myer isn't worth 10-15M to a school. I think Bama would pay Saban 20M a year if you told them they'd win 4 titles in the next 7 years again.

how do you like Sprint service? Im looking to make a change from Verizion

Haha. I'm a Cingular Wireless man. That screenshot was just a decoy to keep "the man" from tracking me.

If you're seriously asking, Sprint's pricing is good and the network is seemingly fine but I swear they slow my data access when they sense I'm within 5 miles of my home or work wifi availability. I have family members that have Verizon and it seems to suck on multiple fronts though.

Those good ol' boy Texas boosters HATE Skrong. The never wanted him hired, pretty much ran the AD out for hiring him, and wanted him gone last year, but buddy inexplicably won the Oklahoma game, made the necessary coaching changes, and brought in a beastly recruiting class out of nowhere (literally) at the last minute. In short, like Les Miles at LSU last year, a temporary good feeling basically saved his job.

Won't be the case this year, even with that elite recruiting class. For the first time since he's been there, the Red River game this year is important for Stoops' job security as he's stinking it up this year. He loses, and I'm not sure he's around next season. He will be looking to not only beat Texas, but embarrass them.

The Texas oilmen will then have their excuse to get rid of Skrong.

Advertisement
Back