Chantz Williams

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a big win for the TNM in that..

Wasn't it Hartley that was supposed to bring us Rivers and Williams as underclassmen? I just remember him parading them around when they visited summer of 2018.

Wasn't it Brown that was supposed to bring us Chaney?

We have 2/3 of the South Dade trio back in the fold (albeit Washington is puzzling) and it's looking like we'll have the trifecta when Denis announces in August.

From actually GETTING guys we're supposed to get and getting guys back on board like Francois and Roberts, I give Manny and Co a ton of credit.

And all this comes from a diehard canes fan in the middle of Kansas. Yes, I've always been in the middle of KS and always been a Canes fan. Watched Edge (on TV, of course) nearly bust for 300 against UCLA and I was hooked.

Advertisement
Yep actually had to get reduction surgery.
dddddaaaaammmnnnnn!!
B1BE7981-793F-4E63-A9D0-5DAAB3264294.jpeg

It's Chantz. He's a 1st round talent. Said this while he wasn't considering us. Saying it now. You don't run a near 4.55 with a stellar shuttle at 240 pounds *before* your HS senior year, combine that with all of his teachers and principals saying he's a legit hard working, disciplined kid, and somehow add that up to anything but a great chance at stardom. Lock him up. The off the field stuff is just that. We need to win at football.
Chantz may have a higgher ceiling, but bogle was plenty athletic enough to be a top pic, by contrs5, im obog.e os a lot less risky, and more like;y to star in college. I would view chance as a higher ceiling, but lower floor and lower mean.

Chantz may have a higgher ceiling, but bogle was plenty athletic enough to be a top pic, by contrs5, im obog.e os a lot less risky, and more like;y to star in college. I would view chance as a higher ceiling, but lower floor and lower mean.
Sounds about right. If I were a DL coach, Chantz seems to offer a better chance to mold a high impact player,. That's usually what I hope is recruited.

Advertisement
I’d take higher mean until my roster was sufficiently set to start taking variance risk. Personally.
Totally fair. My view is I think our "mean" player has already been sufficient to more consistently win the coastal. They just were coached by a cadre of clowns for a decade. I still can't believe that, one year under Golden, we were sub-500 with double digit NFL players. In other words, I don't think our "mean" is what's kept us from double digits wins and getting the program going well enough to begin the momentum we need for recruiting. Therefore, I'd roll with higher variance players already.

Advertisement
Totally fair. My view is I think our "mean" player has already been sufficient to more consistently win the coastal. They just were coached by a cadre of clowns for a decade. I still can't believe that, one year under Golden, we were sub-500 with double digit NFL players. In other words, I don't think our "mean" is what's kept us from double digits wins and getting the program going well enough to begin the momentum we need for recruiting. Therefore, I'd roll with higher variance players already.
yeah i mean even with the rough years lately we’re still out-recruiting the rest of the coastal by a long shot. it boggles the mind how bad we’ve been in spite of that, and it falls entirely at the feet of the coaches.

Chantz is better than Bogle. Heavier, faster and more physical.

Bogle is good but very thin.
I disagree on better. His measurables are better. Not convinced he is a better player. Bogle handled contact better, used leverage better. Amd had plenty of quickness, and room to grow. Chance is athletically elite if he can put it together, but DL battles require more than track creds.

Thoughtful response. One of my criticisms of this program for ages now has been that our mean is way below what people think, because we have had such dead wood and empty seats on the roster, including big holes at critical positions including on the LOS. (This helps explain the stat you mention, which is nfl players plus losses.) So I see it as necessary to progressing that we improve overall roster depth and quality, and do so with guys we can count on being good. It is within our control, and if we do it, the benefits will be immediately visible in competition, depth, special teams and fourth quarters. That along with better coaching will put us regularly into the ACCCG.

We’re having an abstract debate over whether Chantz is better than Bogle. Arguably both serve each of our desires for the roster. But while I see why Chantz is exciting to project, I see something missing in his film I have seen. I worry he isn’t a point of contact warrior, and you have to be to be an every down guy at DE.

Advertisement
Back